First Ever Grow Diary

AutoAberdeen

8 minutes ago, AutoAberdeen said:

I’ve just been watering the GSC, it’s first leaves are in pretty bad shape but the new growth is doing fine. Should damaged leaves be removed? After overwatering I think I went the other way this week and let them get too dry, this is a lesson for me!

Auto AK still hasn’t popped, it did seem pretty dry and was a freeby when I bought my seeds. Put a sweet skunk auto in to pop last night, looks like it’s starting to go!

I wouldnt remove any leaves,  little watering and no feed until their asking for it.    Keep at it ....... can be stressful :)      Just try take in as much as poss ,  learn from it and try new things until you can read the plants and work out what works best for you,  that said all plants react differently hence learning to read them helps.  

I always use the less is more approach with autos until their established,  dont worry as much as the roots are delicate they do take quite a lot of abuse :)    Looking good & Keep on !

• Like 1

Thanks, it’s certainly been a learning process! Every day I head to the greenhouse worrying that they’ll be a total disaster! My Amnesia is looking in good shape, it’s 4 weeks old now so I presume it should start to flower soon? 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, AutoAberdeen said:

Thanks, it’s certainly been a learning process! Every day I head to the greenhouse worrying that they’ll be a total disaster! My Amnesia is looking in good shape, it’s 4 weeks old now so I presume it should start to flower soon? 

With autos and any outdoor plants ,  the strain , soil , weather all progress them at varying rates .... even the same strain pla along they plants will be varying ,  i have 3 Sweets Cream Mandarin on the go and they all cracked at same time , got the same pots , soil and watering schedule yet as much as they look uniform in colour, shape and size they all look slightly different in how far along they are.    Its all part of the fun :)       

• Like 3

Added a big bucket of water to the greenhouse over the weekend to try and boost the humidity and my plants have come on a fair bit since. 

Auto Sweet Skunk seed has popped, just waiting for the root to be big enough to pot. Auto AK on the other hand looks like it’s starting to open but taking its time (was a freeby and seemed to be really dry)

My auto Amnesia is going great, preflowering has started in multiple sites. The Girl Scout cookies looks like it’s stunted though but still growing so just gonna let it run it’s course and see what it yields. 

Sweet Skunk auto has been potted this afternoon. Used a bigger pot than the other two so fingers crossed it works out. 

This mornings photos of my Amnesia auto. Seems to be going good? It’s around 5 weeks since it emerged. My Girl Scout cookies auto seems to have made it past its struggle but can’t see it yielding very much. 

Weather is gonna be crap so I’ve got the heater running nightly so fingers crossed for no disasters. 

large.6C05343F-1806-4B4A-A074-AAFA27954E0D.jpeglarge.F1D7D9CE-C0DF-496E-A894-04C6BF9FD572.jpeglarge.43F99469-0FE3-482F-AC8F-923AC9E6F951.jpeg

Edited by AutoAberdeen
  • Like 4

My two plants have had a good stretch, both around 6 weeks since they emerged. The amnesia is about 70cm tall now, the Girl Scout Cookies about 35cm. 

Expecting them to burst into bloom anytime soon, fingers crossed. 

large.029B05BF-703F-420D-BEA5-499E25EE0D8A.jpeglarge.F7E60B82-5CC7-46F6-A51C-E35AB5FE61DD.jpeglarge.C98193EF-3C61-4C5F-9D1B-2C84CDE2931C.jpeg

• Like 3

I’ve also got another Girl Scout Cookies auto that’s emerged and shed its seed case. I’ll be keeping this one inside longer than my first attempt as I think I put the other one on the greenhouse too soon. Have a fish tank lid with good LEDs to stick over it until it’s ready to head outside. 

One of my mates has harvested his first plants to dry, looks like a good haul, will try and persuade him to let me try it before mine is ready. :hippy:

My GSC that had a lot of struggles has started to flower. Don’t expect it to yield very much so will learn my lessons with the seedling that I’ve got going just now.large.2892F1C6-68CC-4A3B-B998-F94965A2722F.jpeg

The Ammo on the other hand is filling out lots every day and is pushing 80cm. No sign of flowering yet though but I did read that the sativa autos can take longer to get going. The calyxs are starting to get fatter and open up, is that a sign that it’s getting ready to flower? 

Based on the number of potential bud sites this one could be a cracker for my first attempt at growing :fart:

large.832C10DB-D88B-4D03-BC8C-4D559B93CB7A.jpeg

• Like 2

Flowering on the GSC has continued since earlier this week, still nothing to report on the amnesia. 

large.D1767343-1EAD-42EA-89C2-73731BAA1385.jpeglarge.5FF8815E-270B-481C-B36E-03F73C20E20F.jpeg

• Like 3

So, it appears that my amnesia (CBD seeds Amnesia 5) may actually be a photoperiod. I checked a seed database and there’s no mention of it being autoflowering but the site I bought them from says it is. 

Do I just need to be patient and wait for it to finish naturally or is there a good way to trick it? I’ve heard about covering it but not sure how well that would work in a greenhouse for airflow and humidity. Any tips?

Edited by AutoAberdeen

GSC is a week into flowering and my photo Amnesia is being light deprived to try and force it to get going so I don’t have to wait until September for it to start. My other GSC auto damped off but I have a white widow auto to pop so hopefully it works out!

large.5F34A0C0-23C6-4C88-B2E9-FF79AB02D710.jpeglarge.0A9004D6-A010-44D8-A7A9-F52769413F22.jpeg

• Like 2

Here’s my plants side by side. The photoperiod Amnesia has been getting light dep for the weekend and I think is starting to show some potential flowering sites.  

As a first time grower I’m amazed at how quick the flowering on my auto is going. Seems to come on massively every day so I’m eagerly awaiting it being ready. 

large.ADD2F197-CBAB-4B47-B5C0-2711C2154E11.jpeg

• Like 3

hi aye , fit like ma loon, 

PLants looking good, so far, pistils already I see, that's a good start.

Im growing outdoors up here too, again, (latitude 57), but looking at yours I should have bought a greenhouse.

you could use a bin to cover the amnesia that isn't an auto, that way the others would get another few hours of sunlight

good luck with them.

Edited by badbillybob
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, badbillybob said:

hi aye , fit like ma loon, 

PLants looking good, so far, pistils already I see, that's a good start.

Im growing outdoors up here too, again, (latitude 57), but looking at yours I should have bought a greenhouse.

you could use a bin to cover the amnesia that isn't an auto, that way the others would get another few hours of sunlight

good luck with them.

The amnesia gets moved from the greenhouse to the dark every night and put back out in the morning, with the auto staying in there 24/7 with a heater running at nights to keep the temps up when it’s chilly or wet. I’m doing the light dep in a cupboard in my kitchen as my shed ended up leaking too much light. When the smell gets too much in the cupboard I’ll be getting a bin to cover it up in the greenhouse :hippy:

Edited by AutoAberdeen
  • Like 1