First Ever Grow Diary

AutoAberdeen

Hi everyone, new member here and my first ever grow is currently in progress. 

Automatic Amnesia and Girl Scout Cookies, both germinated in paper towels (the GSC took a couple of days longer to pop so it’s slightly behind in its progress). Currently residing in my greenhouse in big pots. I’m heating it overnight with the thermostat on my Dyson at 22 degrees Celsius and both appear to be going well (based on pictures I’ve seen on here). 

Anyone able to help with on how I get photos to upload? Not having any luck and wanted to share my grow  

Edited by AutoAberdeen
  • Like 2

Sounds like you're off to a good start mate, definitely a good idea to have a heater at the moment. Think about ways to tackle humidity as the season progresses, the one big drawback of growing under glass is the mould risk from high humidity. I've never uploaded pictures before so I can't tell you off the top of my head but I'm pretty sure there is a a guide thread somewhere you can find from searching, it usually seems to be an issue with sizing. 

Edited by MindSoup
Grammar
  • Like 1

large.5F0713C0-EB37-4F37-B503-740B017E507A.jpeglarge.ABCAAE98-CB2A-4FC8-824F-95E568D7763C.jpeg

Top photo is my amnesia, it’s been out of the soil 12 days, second is the GSC, it’s three days behind. 

@MindSoupI’ve got a Meaco dehumidifier that we got to dry out some of our house when we moved it so hopefully it does the trick. It can be set to keep a set DH Range so will get that running out there too :hippy:

• Like 2

Weather forecast for here isn’t looking too good so brought them inside for the night. Have some bright LED bulbs so will keep the ladies under that overnight before the temperature gets back up in the greenhouse tomorrow. 

• Like 1

Good luck @AutoAberdeen looking nice need to invest in a greenhouse for my two in garden in running two short hazy days autos they poped on 13th of April looked like they had stunted but breeder said not much too growth at the start they have picked up now this was them on Tuesday large.IMG_20200505_192432.jpglarge.IMG_20200505_192441.jpggood luck man have fun will check in again soon 

• Like 2

Since I took the plants in for the night to protect them from the frost, I’ve got some better pics:

Auto GSC:

large.3D8B77E4-D816-439A-B67D-8EC87E8D024B.jpeg

Auto Amnesia:

large.8602232C-13E8-4A07-8C0E-CA8A48FDDB3B.jpeg

Have them in a warm utility room with a really bright LED house lamp for overnight until they go back under glass. 

Edited by AutoAberdeen
  • Like 2

Since I took the plants in for the night to protect them from the frost, I’ve got some better pics:

Auto GSC:

large.3D8B77E4-D816-439A-B67D-8EC87E8D024B.jpeg

Auto Amnesia:

large.8602232C-13E8-4A07-8C0E-CA8A48FDDB3B.jpeg

Got them in a warm utility room under a bright LED house lamp for overnight until the greenhouse isn’t a frost risk. 

Edited by AutoAberdeen
  • Like 2

Looking like a good start there dude, Good idea about the frost risk still up north. Hopefully not long until minimum night temps are consistent:)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sgt Smash said:

Looking like a good start there dude, Good idea about the frost risk still up north. Hopefully not long until minimum night temps are consistent:)

The night temps have been up and down since I got them outside but tonight just feels too cold that even with the heater on I didn’t want to risk it. Have them in solid pots that are easy to move and it’s not far from the greenhouse to inside so better safe than sorry. 

9 minutes ago, Sgt Smash said:

The night temps have been up and down since I got them outside but tonight just feels too cold that even with the heater on I didn’t want to risk it. Have them in solid pots that are easy to move and it’s not far from the greenhouse to inside so better safe than sorry. 

Hi mate, I'm new here aswell. Guessing from your name your from Scotland as well. Ive done a few outdoor grows. I normally start them off with an L.E.D for a couple weeks then just bang them outside. They are surprisingly tough to endure the great scottish weather! I put 20 out a few years ago walked for miles through woodlands and hills and I'm carrying several bags 4of coco mix and done the trip several times because was a good few bags of coco mix lol! Dug 20 holes, filled them with the mix and addetives, sweating like crazy but feeling accomplished so just wanted to go check the surroundings. I go through the bush a little bit and can see the road right next to where the car is lol i had just walked for hours in a big circle right next to where i started! Was surprised no one ever found them. Deer or some animals ate the majority of them by the time i figured this out and got some mesh around them they were all doomed although 1 did go about 2m there wasn't anything on it and i only got a tiny purple bud off one lol probably weighed about 4 grams. Spent a fortune on bat guano the lot lol. But contrary to that ive had some good ones too just thought that was a funny story id share with you it was a terrible summer as well. This seems like its definitely a good year for it and the greenhouse is a good option. Look forward to see how this turns out. How big is the pot you're using? Are you planning on transplanting it? Ive just started a grow diary aswell it's indoor though. 

• Like 5

@RoondoggydoggI’ve got them in 12 litre pots, will be their home to the end, just put them straight in after the seeds popped. 

Edited by AutoAberdeen
  • Like 1

Got the ladies back in the greenhouse this morning after it had warmed up. Will get the heater back in here for tonight after their night indoors. The GSC looks like it’s due to burst some more leaves out so hopefully it’ll continue to  be sunny in my spot like it was today. 

large.0B856DCE-189B-481E-ABA1-E45FAEE23878.jpeglarge.E2B9E6CC-9168-42BC-AE55-88CC6F0F9D71.jpeg

• Like 3

Couple if chilly nights in a row here but kept the heater running and my amnesia auto has come on a bit more:

large.E494314D-24AB-4254-BAD4-70893F7E062B.jpeg

The Girl Scout cookie seems to be getting left behind a bit. It did emerge a few days later, I guess this is normal and just grows at a different rate since it’s not the same strain? 

large.469F92F5-6E16-4978-BC0F-D1B64F730FE7.jpeg

• Like 1

Looking good @AutoAberdeen one of mine has gone a bit weird tbh other looks fine tho different strains different growth should shoot up tho they don't really do much in first 2 week mine dident anyway 

• Like 1