K.I.S.S: A Clumsy Attempt 2 Grow Some Green

Clumsy

Hey All :)

Only a handful of shots this week, will try and get some more tomorrow, it's starting to get a bit difficult getting them in and out, which isn't a bad thing :)

I've dropped the lights down to 18/6 root temps were getting a bit high still and knocking an hour off either side fits with the house temps better.

Large pots are watered every 2/3 days and small ones everyday (not sure how you pot noodlers do it)

SweetseedSBlackJackAuto

Days: 35 - 40

Lights: 18/6

LargePots 3ml Bloom + 1ml Calmag (alternate feeds)

SmallPots 3ml Bloom 2ml Calmag

Day 35 plants look ok, pics not so good :photo:

large.2.2.JPG 

Day 36  Sorry about the blur 

large.3.JPG

Day 37 before lights on

large.4.JPG

Day 40 Obligatory orangey group shot

large.7.JPG

So apart from the big holes in the uneven canopy, and the fact that one of the back ones won't even fit in the photo, I don't think they're too bad, won't be troubling the judging panel lol but I'm hoping for a few buds to vape and probably oil or bubble the rest. 

I'll get the small ones out tomorrow and throw up some pics, until then keep safe all :oldtoker:

• Like 9

That sinking feeling when you unzip your tent and a fungus gnat flies out :( They're not from the compost i'm using for these but from the house plants that my MIL helpfully watered when I'd been drying them out, they're Yuccas leave them alone.

Here are some quick pics of the three in small pots, they're in 3.4L pots but looks like only about 2L of soil in them, so are needing watering daily.

They have bounced back pretty well from their poor upbringing, but obviously still showing the earlier damage.

I'll do a round up of mistakes and lessons learnt at the end, plenty of time left for a few more. But main one is that they needed CalMag from week three, would of saved a lot of hassle, a stitch in time...

SweetseedS BlackJackAuto Day41

large.SSBJA2.JPG

large.SSBJA1.JPG

and the worst looking one.

large.SSBJA3.JPG

That's all for now, be back soon :oldtoker:

• Like 12

the fungus twats are most probably from your soil. they lay eggs in it, and when the soil heats up the eggs hatch and the little fuckers decide to take over.

there isn't much you can do about them - yellow sticky traps work and some sharp sand/ perlite on top of the soil also help a bit. 

plants look good despite the flying little twats

• Like 6

Hi @badbillybob cheers for popping in, fungus twats :rofl: is spot on, little buggers. 

I've got some diatomaceous earth so will sling some of that around and knock up some homemade sticky traps with yellow card and vaseline   

I'm also making the Mrs laugh by blowing into the tent and slapping any buggers that fly out at me :) 

Thanks for the tips :yep:

• Like 7

Great grow ,and excellent start for the plants , sure the end result will be fantastic ,and not too far away now . All the best .

• Like 5

Thanks for the kind words @Michael Luchóg :), am enjoying getting back in to the swing of things after some time out.

Support and encouragement is always great in this place :yep:

• Like 8

Hate them little buggers! I was infested during my summer grow last year, tried all the above, and a small fan blowing across top of pots to make it more difficult for them to land on soil. (I'd read about it somewhere and thought It couldn't hurt). 

Your plants are looking great buddy keep it up! :yinyang:

• Like 5

Cheers @Openairbud 

So far I've killed more with my slapping than the homemade traps have caught lol 

I read the fan thing as well, if only my fan wasn't so bloody big I'd be able to position it better. 

Going to try and not stress about them tho, hopefully going to put my energy into building a grow room over the next few weeks, Mrs Clumsy wants her spare room back :)

Thanks for popping by and best of luck with the rest of your grow,  your cupboard looks much more organised than mine ever did :yep:

• Like 6

Hello @Clumsy,sorry to hear about the gnats.Fan will work at some part ,but it will burn the plants.

Your plants look fantastic,good luck m8.

• Like 4

Thanks @countrock agree with the chance of windburn especially as my leaves aren't the healthiest.

Probably just add a few vinegar traps and keep slapping :) I've had sticky cards full of them before so just trying not to let them get that far.

On a previous grow I tried topping with sand but found it really difficult to gauge pot weight and that caused more issues than the gnats themselves.

Cheers for popping in :oldtoker:

• Like 4

Cheers @jadenugs I've been chasing them a bit, but every day's for learning :) 

Will get on top of them next time, thanks for popping by, been great following your diary :yep:

:oldtoker:

• Like 3

Hey All,

Some pics and a few details, need to push up my photo count if I'm going to get to 50 before these are finished  :) should have :readtherulesbuddy:

My photo skills haven't got any better nor my attempts at framing them, but the plants are still alive so that's good.

The ones in smaller pots that all suffered are actually looking pretty healthy, you wouldn't know that two had been snapped in half :ouch: 

Credit to SweetseedS for their resilient breeding.

All these pics are from Day 44/45

Light: 18/6

Roots: 20 -24c

Feed: 3ml just upped to 4ml Bloom per feed

1ml CalMag every third on large every other on small.

There is some yellowing to the bottom leaves but they aren't getting any light down there, tops are pretty green so I think they should be OK, the big ones might need a drop more CalMag.

They are also taking a bit of a battering getting them in and out of the tent for watering and pics so may have to start leaving them in.

All plants are developing some light frosting :) one seems to be a little bit a head of the others and will hopefully be ready around Day 63 the others just a bit longer I think.

I'm rubbish with scents but they smell good, fruity. I'll try and recruit Mrs. Clumsy to give her opinion, although she's a non partaker and her usual comment is "stinks of weed" :D

SweetseedS BlackJack Auto Day 44/45

Large

large.5e695f65a44b0_SSBJA44(4).JPG

Large

large.5e695f6a4fcde_SSBJA44(5).JPG

Large

large.5e695f65a44b0_SSBJA44(4).JPG

Small

large.SSBJA44.JPG

Small

large.5e695f612a36c_SSBJA44(3).JPG

Small

large.5e695f5c88417_SSBJA44(2).JPG

Group shot not orange :yes:

large.BJAday44.JPG

Close up of one that WILL finish earlier :naughty:

large.5e68a7fc085e1_BJAday44(2).JPG

Thanks for reading, be back soon :oldtoker:

Edited by Clumsy
  • Like 9

Thank you @Exhale  :)

"Training" to fill the space was new to me. In the past I've topped photos to get where I need to be, but pretty confident I could do a little better next time. It's all a learning curve. 

Congratulations again on your "Roots of Life" pic :photo: stunning, will bare you some great fruits. All the best :oldtoker:

• Like 2