K.I.S.S: A Clumsy Attempt 2 Grow Some Green

Clumsy

Hey All,

Apologies for my tardiness,

Firstly, a big thank you to the Sweet Seeds Team, who very kindly agreed to swap some of their fine genetics in return for a diary showing some low quality photography (i will try), and limited grow knowledge.

Usually grow clones, photos, in coco. But for this I'll be going seeds, autos, in soil.

My goal is to get some plants to the finish line and to have the final pics in one of those fancy border things that the winners seem to be using :) 

Have to say the quality and variations of grow in this comp are absolutely fantastic, likewise the pics, been spending far too much time reading other peoples diaries and not doing mine...  

So off we go and welcome to:

KEEP IT SWEET SEEDS:

A Clumsy Attempt To Grow Some Green.

large.BLACK_JACK_AUTO(R)_SWS21.jpg

(Photo by Sweet Seeds)

Selected Strain: BlackJackAuto    Plant Numbers: 4       Style: Compost

3rd generation autoflowering strain.

Autoflowering version of our Black Jack® (SWS01).

This is the result of the cross between our 2nd generation S.A.D. Sweet Afgani Delicious Auto® (SWS24) and our Jack Herer elite clone.

This high-quality autoflowering strain features dense buds and outstanding resin production.

Pungent sweet aroma with earthy tones. Fast flowering, strong effect and superb hybrid vigor.

EQUIPMENT

So as the title suggests this will be a pretty basic grow with light, dirt and food. The gear will be whatever I haven't broken :ermm:   a fair bit's been bumped around in a few moves as I'm just finding out.

TENT
The four plants will be in a Hydrolab 90x160 unless I get planning permission to put up my 120, but currently in temporary location, so unlikely but I live in hope.

POTS
250ml-ish then on to final 8ltr

LIGHT
Maxibright T5 Lightwave then HPS 250 Dual Spectrum in 80cm white parabolic, Lumatek 250-400w dimmable ballast, Grasslin segmented timer.

EXTRACTION
Is a  CanFan RKW100L built in temp control with matching CarboAir filter, these filters are pretty noisy.

HEATING 
BioGreen Heat Mat

AIR CIRCULATION
RAM Eco Fan (too big for this tent), will try and grab a clip on at some point.

MEDIUM
Origins Organic Compost (not SA approved, organic?) made the mistake of looking at the no-till guy's diaries before going to the garden centre, God bags of compost look lifeless and boring in comparison. Keep up the good work no-tillers, love browsing through your miniature worlds of a morning.

FEED
Intense Nutrients Organix Grow and Bloom
Seaweed Extract
Tap Water

STARTING OFF

Seeds were soaked for 24 Hrs ...

large.Presoak.JPG

First Clumsy moment, I put the glass on the cooling radiator when I went to bed, rad came back on in the middle of the night, oops.

Feared the worst but put them in some pots with cling film.

large.Inthepots.JPG

Nothing for two days, convinced myself i'd killed them so wet the next four pips. Had a little poke in the first pots, the seeds had sprouted
but i'd used some seedling compost on top of the Origins which had caked a bit and was hampering them, think they would have made it in another day or so. Note to self Be patient!!!

Covered them back up, not so deep, and the next day 3 from 4 had popped up. 

2nd set of soaked seeds (36hrs) were put into cling film pots

large_Day1.JPG

One of the original four didn't make it, user error :nope:

Day1 - T5

Three seedlings under T5 with back-ups underneath. 

large.P1050053.JPG

Day3

All four "back-ups" have broken surface in quick time, .

large.Day3day1.JPG

And a closer shot of the earlier three

large_Day3.JPG

That's it for now, happy growing to all, and good luck to those doing Sweet Seed diaries, be back soon.

C.

• Like 17

Welcome to the comp! :v:  BlackJack Auto is wonderful.  The first SS Auto i grew and that changed my mind in general about autos. ;)  Good Luck!

• Like 6

6 hours ago, AustrianTokker said:

Welcome to the comp! :v:  BlackJack Auto is wonderful.  The first SS Auto i grew and that changed my mind in general about autos. ;)  Good Luck!

Thank you Austrian Toker glad to hear you rate the BlackJackAutos, not too much experience with soil and autos myself hence the single strain.  Loving your multiple strains, all looking super healthy.

46 minutes ago, Punta Roja said:

Agreed AT

Good luck @Clumsy

Thanks Punta Roja, Good luck with your FV's. I know nothing about Fast Versions so will be interested to follow

Cheers 

• Like 3

16 hours ago, Clumsy said:

Apologies for my tardiness

Better late than never.

Welcome to the competition, best of luck. :yep:

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, Exhale said:

Better late than never.

Welcome to the competition, best of luck. :yep:

Cheers for popping in Exhale,  look forward to seeing the Chamber of Miracles in full flow

• Like 4

Cheers mate!

Welcome to the competition :yep:

All looking good so far. Let's see how the wonderful Black Jack Auto® plants grow along. All the best with it and sweet smokes!

tommy

• Like 4

20 hours ago, Sweet Seeds-tommy said:

Cheers mate!

Welcome to the competition :yep:

All looking good so far. Let's see how the wonderful Black Jack Auto® plants grow along. All the best with it and sweet smokes!

tommy

Thanks Tommy,

Looking forward to trying the BlackJack, high praise from the guys above, so very happy with my choice :)

• Like 6

Hello @Clumsy,welcome to the comp and good luck with your grow.

I have 6 plants in my tent and 3 of them are Black Jack:).You won t regret your choice for sure.

• Like 4

18 hours ago, countrock said:

Hello @Clumsy,welcome to the comp and good luck with your grow.

I have 6 plants in my tent and 3 of them are Black Jack:).You won t regret your choice for sure.

Thanks Countrock, good luck with your first  photo grow, I usually prefer photos as to me they're a bit more forgiving :)

• Like 4

Good start mate and best of luck in the comp :). Seems like nothing but love for the black jack auto, I'll look forward to seeing yours develop 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Openairbud said:

Good start mate and best of luck in the comp :). Seems like nothing but love for the black jack auto, I'll look forward to seeing yours develop 

Cheers Openairbud, love your stealthy cabinet, had a nose at your diary from last year and you produced some crackers in there, happy growing :) 

• Like 5

Hey All

Some quick pics while i'm waiting for my soil to warm up for potting on.

Had a few issues with lights, first my T5 went. Then my 250dual HPS blew, now on to a 400w dialled down. If that goes they'll be under candlelight :ermm: 

Plants may have got little stressed I know I did :)

Other than that, root temps have been around 22c and tent is set to 26c, circulating fan is on 15 off 15 as it was a bit much for the little ones.

Light schedule is now 20/4 under the HPS, they would have preferred to stay under the T5 but needs must. 

large.T5fail.JPG

Day4

large.Day4day2.JPG

Day5 - If I take enough shots one will be alright :)

large.Day5day3.JPG

Day 6 - Try a close up, ooh not of that :)

large.P1050076.JPG

Day9 - Some assistance for the girls

large.5e3c77ada9a2a_Day9(2).JPG

Day11

Potting on to finals, hmmm a bag of 40 litres doesnt fill 4 x 8.5L pots quick trip to the garden centre 

And yep I've still got too many plants :) I'm potting four up tonight, if this soil ever warms up, and have a couple of days to make a decision on the other 3. 

large.5e3c781da41a8_pottingup.JPG

That's it for now, be back soon :oldtoker:

• Like 9

How big is your space?  I remember doing the 5x bj auto in a 80x80 tent and 7L pots.  I still had a bit of room for 2 more bj autos.  I hope this helps a little.

Here the link to the bj auto grow in 2011, perhaps it can be interesting http://www.uk420.com/boards/index.php?/topic/257405-from-seed-to-bud-in-less-than-10-weeks/

Keep it up!

• Like 4

1 hour ago, AustrianTokker said:

How big is your space?  I remember doing the 5x bj auto in a 80x80 tent and 7L pots.  I still had a bit of room for 2 more bj autos.  I hope this helps a little.

Here the link to the bj auto grow in 2011, perhaps it can be interesting http://www.uk420.com/boards/index.php?/topic/257405-from-seed-to-bud-in-less-than-10-weeks/

Keep it up!

Thanks for the link AustrianTokker, saved for reference,

80x80x160 tent size, seeing as you could also fit a cat in yours :) I might be able to keep mine going,

was thinking of going 7 in 5 but we are where we are :)  The big pots have taken up most of the floor space but I might have some smaller ones that would work.

Unfortunately can't work 400w temps at the minute but may be able to move the set up in a couple of weeks, which will be cooler, and much better light.

Best of luck with all those fantastic strains you've got on the go, happy growing.

• Like 5