K.I.S.S: A Clumsy Attempt 2 Grow Some Green

Clumsy

All looking very nice in your tent, thanks for sharing. I hope your lighting problems stop now. Good luck with the grow and competition :yep:

• Like 3

4 hours ago, delagdo said:

All looking very nice in your tent, thanks for sharing. I hope your lighting problems stop now. Good luck with the grow and competition :yep:

Thanks Delgado, not out the woods yet my 400w is flickering and has gone out once,  typically I don't have a spare 400 ballast to see if it's that.

Will grab a 250 lamp in the morning and try that with a different ballast, onwards and upwards :)

Great photos going on in your diary :yep: all the best for the comp.

• Like 3

Just to finish off from last night,

So amidst my on going light problems four ladies were potted up to 8.5L pots, the pots weren't quite fully rooted out but still good enough to hold together well.

Day 11

large.Roots.JPG

Now that was my original plan, but inspired by @AustrianTokker and their cat :), I potted up the other 3 into 3.4L pots today and we'll see how we get on.

Less roots on the later ones but still ok I added some fungi when potting up, so hopefully all good.

So here they are potted up, light's still on so far :)

Day12

large.PottedUpD11.JPG

All these problems with my lights you would have thought i'd of got a shot with it off :) Have a good weekend everyone :oldtoker:

• Like 10

What a time for the lights to pack up. Hope you get sorted and problem free for the grow.

Best of luck with the grow and comp mate :yep:

Edited by jadenugs
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, jadenugs said:

What a time for the lights to pack up. Hope you get sorted and problem free for the grow.

Best of luck with the grow and comp mate :yep:

Thanks jadenugs, yep bit of a pain, the 400w lamp went late last night so I popped the T5 back in for a few hours. Definitely some bad JuJu round my tent 

Just waiting so I can get out and grab a 250 then should be good again, should be just in time for any power cuts with the storm :no:

Everything looking very green at your place, showing the way for people who can't choose between all those super Sweet Seeds strains :yep:

• Like 3

Quick update, light was changed on Saturday morning for a new 250, so no harm done, well :rolleyes:, I hung it a little low but no real  harm done. 

Have a struggled a bit with watering in the bigger pots, still finding my feet with the mudslinging :) 

The plant in the top left of Day 12's group shot has been a bit droopy from the out set, hasn't liked my bad watering. She has been put with a bit more direct heat from below and seems to be picking up. 

Roots are showing at the bottom of all but the slow one.

I've got some wire and clips coming shortly and will start a bit of training on the main pots.

Root temps are between 22 - 25, feeding tap water (badly).

Day 14

Slow one starting to pick up (3.4Litre Pot)

large.SLOWDAY14.JPG

Day 14 - BlackJack Auto 8.5 Litre pot.

large.SSDay14.JPG

Day 14 - BlackJack Autos, slow one is directly on heat mat.

large.P1050098.JPG

That's all for the minute, be back soon :oldtoker:

Edited by Clumsy
  • Like 9

Hey All

Some details and pics,

Plants seem to be coming along so thought I would start a bit of bending (limited height and 250 lamp), I've not done more than a bit of tying down in the past but how hard can it be :unsure:

With bulldog clips and flexi ties got to work on the 4 in larger pots, little plan, but all good.

Bent over two off the smaller ones which was OK, but when I adjusted one I snapped it nearly clean through just above the cotyledons :doh: 

Thought about leaving it "topped"  but with no true leaves didn't think she would make it, so attempted a repair with some skewers and masking tape :cowboy:

I didn't bother with a picture because she looked so bad and probably on her way to the great compost heap in the sky. But fingers crossed looks like she might actually pull through after all. 

Day: 17 - 19

Light: 250w 20/4

Feed: Tap water, bigger plants had 1ml seaweed after training. All pots have had there first full water.

Root Temps: 22 - 24

Day 17 BlackJackAuto

Not much technique really, just trying to open the plants up a bit to make use of the light. Lots of people doing it better on here have a look at theirs :yes:

large.training.jpg

Day 17 BlackJackAuto

large.day17.jpg

Day 19 BlackJackAuto

large.5e479935119a5_day19(2).jpg

Day 19 BlackJackAuto

The ones that I didn't decapitate are looking alright and Anne Boleyn in the corner is trying her best :)

large.day19.jpg

Anne Boleyn

large.tinytim.jpg

Thanks for stopping by, be back soon :oldtoker:

• Like 11

Progressing well bud, and I've just done similar on mine! (Snapping a branch that is) they normally recover amazingly well! :yinyang:

• Like 3

Hey All 

Fourth week already, flying by, not quite quick enough for my empty jars but hey ho. Spent a couple of hours this morning making a small bit of bubble, bless freezer trim :thumsup:

Had one of those weeks, broken car, broken tablet, broken computer, broken plant (yep another one), I'm sure it just means next week will be better.  

Anyway on with an update, some plants aren't on top form but I'll get to that.

Here is the original snapped one, I was wrong about the break, as you can see it was slightly higher than I thought. Seems to have repaired fine, a few leaves shriveled but will still produce. 

large.fixed.JPG

Lights: 20/4

Feed: 1ml Seaweed

Root Temps: 22 - 25 but did drop to 19 one night.

Small pot.

I thought this was the snapped one, it's not, but I put a border round it so it's gone up.

large.RepairedDay22.jpg

Day 22

Feed: 1ml Seaweed

Same Light and temps

Large Pot

large.day22.JPG

Day 22 Group Shot after adjusting some ties

large.Day24.JPG

Day 24 - A bit stretchy in parts, one plant in particular (top left of large pots). Light is at 40cm.

large.day22group.JPG

Oops, haven't uploaded all my photos, will do those and be back, cheers :)

• Like 8

OK   Sorry about that and apologies for the picture dump   :photo: helps me know where I am.

Here are some pics of the four plants in large pots outside of the tent, in fact I think I tried every room trying to get better light.

One plant is two days behind as it was the best of the second batch and got potted up large with the first three.

The pics out of the tent show how bad my attempt at training was :rofl:  but you can actually see how easy it should have been. Good side branching and uniformity on three, the fourth a bit more unruly. They still cover a fair bit of the tent footprint.

Day 27

Lights: 20/4

Root Temps: 22C

Feed: 1ml Organix Bloom

large.Day27.JPG

large.BJAutoDay27.JPG

large.5e52b341cf4b3_Day27(2).JPG

large.Day25.JPG

Now on to the problems, most of the plants are showing a little bit of purpling on the leaf stems, more so on the smaller potted ones. So was going to give them a pinch of Epsom Salt with a feed. But...

large.magdef.JPG

...some also may need Calcium which I don't have :( This photo is very poor colour, the one below gives a better idea. These marks are only on the smaller ones but some of the top growth on the large ones is a bit weak and spindly as well. 

large.Poorlyunderfed.JPG

Better colour you can just about see the marks at the bottom.

large.RealColour.JPG

The second victim :( 

Needs a feed which will be done this evening 1ml of grow probably as these two are quite light from being snapped.  I'll try and grab some CalMag tomorrow and hopefully that will see them right. 

()

large.Poorly.JPG

All together Day 27

large.GroupShotDay27.JPG

Thanks for stopping by, hopefully they'll look a bit better next time :oldtoker: 

• Like 8

Hey All come and see how I've tormented my plants this week  

Update Days 28 through 34

Light 20/4

S.Pots :no:

L.Pots 2ml Bloom 1ml CalMag

Whilst my diary may not have fine growing tips and great photos in frames :yep:  It will be a nail biting cliffhanger, will they make it or wont they :rofl:

So on with the sick plants first.

I badly spotted the deficiencies a couple of weeks late, should have started CalMag a lot earlier, and hampered by my lack of car I didn't manage to get any until Wednesday. The feed that I had given them on Sunday had done nothing accept contribute to lock out and they yellowed up fast. Pretty sad all round, the three at the back.

large.P1050134.JPG

The sick three went downhill fast couldn't handle any light and were dying :thumbdown: They were taken out of the tent for half the light hours and thoroughly sprayed.

First day foliar feed 1ml CalMag - looked worse

large.P1050136.JPG

Second Day Foliar feed 4ml CalMag - drooping leaves started to lift a bit.

large.P1050146.JPG

Third day Foliar feed 4ml CalMag 1ml bloom and watered with 2ml Bloom. They stretched a fair bit with no light but do seem to be bouncing back fingers crossed.

large.P1050145.JPG

Three good plants left in the tent as I removed one of the large ones for a foliar feed.  

large.P1050141.JPG

Day 33 - The hole in the middle foremost leaf is from clumsy training with pokey wires, not any critters, so far. 

large.P1050144.JPG

And a group shot of them at lights on Day 34 A fair few bud sites but they could be better spread out, have moved them around as much as I can and tucked a few leaves.

large.P1050149.JPG

And a couple of hours later after perking up a bit. Have not attempted to trim anything lower down as I'd probably cut through the main stem.

Likewise the small ones have received no training since I snapped them. 

large.day33.JPG

That's all for now, thanks for popping by, back soon :oldtoker:

• Like 5