A sweet female gorilla is playing blackjack and doing the do see do!

ratdog

On 2/19/2020 at 4:31 AM, Punta Roja said:

Yep!

:)

day 62 of veg for the big blackjack

just had a look at the roots and she's telling me to chuck her in the flower room! so i have just put her back in her pot and fed her 2ml of fishmix and a touch of calmag for luck

large.5e516a67b5560_blackjackroots.jpglarge.blackjack.jpg

the others need a few more days to root so is cutting it fine but lets see what happens!

• Like 15

2 hours ago, Michael Luchóg said:

Good lord , a nice shrub for sure . Good stuff Ratdog . 

thanks mate :)

day 34 in veg today and it's getting a little crowded in the veg room, so it's time to have a cull, i only want 4 plants to flower in the tent so it's time to be ruthless...

i chose 2 blackjacks, one gorilla girl and one do sweet do for balance and tbh two of the do sweet do's were looking fussy and over fed even though they are all on low dose of fishmix (2ml) so i chose the best DSD.

as you can see the DSD at the front is curling it's leaves (they both look the same), i've been very busy with work and feeding schedules have suffered so the the least fussy plants make it to the next round...

large.5e52b88386ee2_gettingcrowded.jpg

so now they have room to spread out, the gg's were starting the get straggly so i've nipped that in the bud and given them some space.

Black Jack

large.blackjack.jpg

Black Jack 2

large.5e52b889b9e90_blackjack2.jpg

Gorilla Girl

large.5e52b88b93741_gorillagirl.jpg

Looking an odd shape due to over crowding i expect now this Do Sweet Do can spread out too.

large.5e52b88d5f141_dosweetdo.jpg

it's two weeks since the last pot up and the roots are nearly there, so i'm hoping the extra space will boost root production for a few days and then they will be potted up.

• Like 13

day 37 in veg.

i did the pot up today, can't leave it any longer lol

the gorilla girl roots

large.5e569859c1767_gorillagirlroots.jpglarge.5e56985cf1daa_gorillagirlroots2.jpglarge.5e56985b2f514_gorillagirlroots3.jpg

the lady herself

large.5e56985fd74a7_gorillagirl.jpg

do sweet do roots

large.5e56987b20260_blackjack1.jpg

large.5e569b0953627_dosweetdo.jpg

blackjack roots

large.5e56987f365c0_blackjackroots1.jpg

and the two blackjacks

large.5e5698bf73bc8_blackjackplant.jpglarge.5e5698bc3850c_blackjack2.jpg

now to give them 2 weeks veg but they may want more...

there's 83 days left so i will see how these look in a couple of weeks, hopefully they will have filled these pots, i deliberately went for 7.5 ltrs this time as it might save time with rooting out.

14 days to root out, 60 days to flower and that leaves 9 days to dry :fear:

Edited by ratdog
  • Like 15

• 2 weeks later...

hello folks, time for another update, and this one brings me some joy after the sluggish start to this diary, i just checked on the girls to see if they are ready to flower...

what do you think?

large.5e62625156733_roots1.jpglarge.5e6262544c817_roots3.jpglarge.5e6262532f62a_roots2.jpg

they are all tucked up in the flower tent now, so i should have a bit of extra time to flower properly come drying as there is still 74 days until the deadline

ignore that temp display as they have just been watered...

large.5e626257b79cd_intheflowerroom.jpg

all on 2ml of fishmix atm.

• Like 14

Lost yer dulux have ye mate ? lol

Seen you wi blinding white roots before now 

Just fuckin wi ye mate looks good :yep:

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, McHazy said:

Lost yer dulux have ye mate ? lol

Seen you wi blinding white roots before now 

Just fuckin wi ye mate looks good :yep:

i used a filter on the camera mate, didn't want anyone complaining about eye damage lol

thanks mate :)

1 minute ago, Exhale said:

Good roots @ratdog they should see you right.

Some lovely space there for those girls to stretch out!

thanks dude, i've come to the conclusion that less plants is better than cramming them in like i used to, my last go under a 600 with 4 plants was about 19 ounces (with 9 plants i was lucky to get 12) so that's how i will roll from now on.

thanks for dropping in :)

• Like 8

i used to do the same, when I used a 1.2 tent and grew them in soil (yonks ago).

Its actually beter for the plants too I reckon, having less of them in there, they always used to seem like they were on top of each other when I did 9.

Anyway lovely bitt of rootage there mate, have you flippepd now, aye? (the plants I mean, not running around with 2 pencils up yer nose shouting "wibble" )

• Like 7

1 hour ago, badbillybob said:

i used to do the same, when I used a 1.2 tent and grew them in soil (yonks ago).

Its actually beter for the plants too I reckon, having less of them in there, they always used to seem like they were on top of each other when I did 9.

Anyway lovely bitt of rootage there mate, have you flippepd now, aye? (the plants I mean, not running around with 2 pencils up yer nose shouting "wibble" )

thanks mate, i like agreement from my peers, it was owd who was saying this years ago but being the know it all twat i was i continued to try to force things to happen and no matter how happy they looked.  i was missing tale tale signs like stem thickness and proper root balls which seem obvious to me now, oh and shocking yields for so many plants lol

yes i have flipped, this time the plants, but i wont deny flipping several times in the past, not my finest moments but you can't deny a spell in the land of the not so sane to show you the real value of living when you are feeling well and on your game.

any way, thanks for the kind words mate, sorry to see your breeding has been a bit off, i would just stick to fems/regs and still continue to have a crack, i'm no expert but to see people here who you like grow your seeds out and rate them is a buzz tbh.

right, enough of my yacking, here's some pic's lights on...

lights on!

large.5e62c3c4513f1_girlslightson2.jpg

blackjack number 1

large.5e62c3c652fe7_blackjack1.jpg

blackjack number 2

large.5e62c3c7d535d_blackjack2.jpg

do sweet do

large.5e62c3ca26b46_doseedo.jpg

and last but certainly not least, a couple of big fat stems on this lovely gorilla girl

large.5e62c3cc8bc50_gorillagirlwithfatstems.jpg

the canopy is pretty even, just one a bit shorter than the rest, but then it's a blackjack, not known for tall plants ime

large.5e62c3d263064_reasonablecanopy.jpg

well, that all for now folks

Edited by ratdog
  • Like 15

i decided today that the cmh just doesn't cut it with tall plants so i rebuilt an old parabolic after washing all the panels with warm soapy water and put a 400w hps in there for flowering, i like the cmh but tbh i can't really tell the difference in bud quality and yield definitely suffers with just one 315 in there, so i can't use too as it will be too hot so a 400 it is.

sadly the shots in veg will all be of droopy plants until they are well into flower because pics under hps are shite, so let's see how it goes...

e2a, sorry @Punta Roja thanks for dropping in mate, not sure the liming is the answer but it seems to be helping.

Edited by ratdog
  • Like 7

Hi RD , plants are a fine size now ,and looking lush . I tend to prefer a mix of CMH and HPS ,over one or the other ,but I agree regarding light penetration . Take care . 

Edited by Michael Luchóg
  • Like 3