A sweet female gorilla is playing blackjack and doing the do see do!

ratdog

So here we go again ladies and gentlemen, the 6th sweet seeds competition. first a big thanks to the SS crew for giving me the sees of choice and for running this great and generous comp again here on the mighty UK420 :punk:

I have wetted 2 of each of the Gorilla Girl, Black Jack and the Do Sweet Do and they are now sat in a mini unheated prop on a heat mat in my nursery/veg room with the probe in the compost of one so they have full control of the temps for a speedy germination, none of this paper towel malarkey! they will be vegged under a 315w cmh for as long at least 6 weeks, preferably longer but we will see how things go in the flower room.

large.5e20a506986de_sweetseeds.jpg

they are in gold label special mix and i will be adding dolomite lime in the potting up to combat my soft water here.

large.5e20a508283c7_compostwetted.jpg

well that's all for today, if you want to give up now i don't blame you, this comp is already in the bag lol

• Like 24

just by aligning the pots so neatly has ruled you out early from the england vs scotland final of the wooden spoon play offs ..all the best and good luck for fruitful harvests chap

• Like 7

14 minutes ago, vince noir rock n roll star said:

just by aligning the pots so neatly has ruled you out early from the england vs scotland final of the wooden spoon play offs ..all the best and good luck for fruitful harvests chap

ah, i tricked you! it's all one big container :)

• Like 7

It will be interesting to see how you incorporate the dolomite lime when potting up - we got really soft water here as well. Good luck with the grow RD :) 

• Like 6

good luck with these, im also doing the blackjack, its fun cos you can abbreviate it to BJ !!

Nice start to the diary, hope they fly for you man...

• Like 6

Good luck mate 6 weeks veg they will be beasts good luck mate also just wanted to ask what medium do you use for seedlings? I'm gonna order some soil soon but not sure which.

• Like 3

Nice one, ratdog!  I like your style - straight into compost.  I've ditched the paper towel method a few years back and not looking to revert either. :yep: 

Some good strain selection as well. Good Luck! :v:

• Like 8

Nice one mate, direct sowing for the win! I am not a fan at all of the tissue germination method myself.. You made a great selection with Blackjack, it's in my favorite strains list of all time for sure - but it was not an option for me on the drop down menu when choosing my seeds... Gonna need to have serious words with the Sweet Seeds lads now.... Best of luck with the grow and competition :yep:

Edited by InTheSystem
  • Like 4

20 hours ago, Exhale said:

Hi @ratdog Welcome to the competition and good luck! Good bit of variety there mate. :yep:

hello mate, the do see do is a new one to me but it has cookies so...

20 hours ago, Sp1n said:

It will be interesting to see how you incorporate the dolomite lime when potting up - we got really soft water here as well. Good luck with the grow RD :) 

it's a fucking right pain in the arris ain't it?! i have been adding about 3 grams to a litre of compost, get a few litres in a large pot, mix throughly and then use, it seems to be working wonders on my killer skunk in the diary below mate.

20 hours ago, badbillybob said:

good luck with these, im also doing the blackjack, its fun cos you can abbreviate it to BJ !!

Nice start to the diary, hope they fly for you man...

thanks matey, i have one in veg already a couple of weeks old so i'll be smoking a lot of it in a few months, hopefully!

19 hours ago, Asterion said:

Good luck mate :yep:

cheers mate

19 hours ago, UKsFinest said:

Good luck mate 6 weeks veg they will be beasts good luck mate also just wanted to ask what medium do you use for seedlings? I'm gonna order some soil soon but not sure which.

6 weeks is a minimum for me these days mate, i have been experimenting with less but larger plants and it seems to be paying off, just need to sort the calcium and i'll be golden. the compost is gold label special mix all the way mate.

19 hours ago, AustrianTokker said:

Nice one, ratdog!  I like your style - straight into compost.  I've ditched the paper towel method a few years back and not looking to revert either. :yep: 

Some good strain selection as well. Good Luck! :v:

i've always done it this way mate, i do a lot of veg gardening so it only seems natural tbh.

15 hours ago, jadenugs said:

Hope you've got the heat mat problem sorted mate and don't have any problems this run. Best of luck :yep:

lol i fucking hope so mate, i changed the analogue stats for digi ones with a flexible probe cable and it seems to have done the job nicely.

13 hours ago, InTheSystem said:

Nice one mate, direct sowing for the win! I am not a fan at all of the tissue germination method myself.. You made a great selection with Blackjack, it's in my favorite strains list of all time for sure - but it was not an option for me on the drop down menu when choosing my seeds... Gonna need to have serious words with the Sweet Seeds lads now.... Best of luck with the grow and competition :yep:

shame mate, i think i have picked blackjack in every comp to date, it's a winner for sure.

thanks to you all for the kind words :) and best of luck to everyone except vince, he's won far too much here now!

• Like 7

Cough Cough

Ahem wednesday my diary started ;)  I could be wrong but am sure someone was saying I was lagging behind cannae think who offhand like :wassnnme:

• Like 5