Delagdo's Gelato & More Autos

delagdo

Day 14 to Day 16

large.5e2a19caa0bcb_d15twa.jpg
Sweet Trainwreck Auto, day 15

The plants are growing nicely now, the fresh growth is very nice lush lime green. I watered with EC 1.0 on day 14 (0.75ml/l Gro, 0.5ml/l Micro, 0.25ml/l Bloom, and 5ml/l Root Stimulator, pH 6.1). I sprayed them again with Epsom salts solution on day 15.

large.5e2a19dcdecbe_d15sga1.jpg
Sweet Gelato Auto 1, day 15

large.5e2a1ad2e509b_d16sga1.jpg
Sweet Gelato Auto 1, day 16

They have started to grow quickly and I have noticed the increase in transpiration causing the humidity to rise. I have been adjusting the humidifier down to compensate and keep things in the ideal zone. It has typically been around 50-60% humidity, but it has been as high as 75% in the past few days, and a minimum of 35% was recorded at one hot dry point. The temperature is normally 26°C with the lights on, and reached a maximum of 29°C and minimum of 22°C with lights off.

large.5e2a19dfbf843_d15sga2.jpg
Sweet Gelato Auto 2, day 15

large.5e2a19cfeb7ac_d16sga2.jpg
Sweet Gelato Auto 2, day 16

One interesting thing I noticed about the Ice Cool Auto, which I have not seen a plant do before, is that the second set of true leaves has five fingers. I think every other plant I've grown from seed has followed the same pattern - one finger on the first pair of leaves, three on the second pair, five on the third pair. This plant seems to have skipped a stage.

large.5e2a19dadd3ad_d15ica.jpg
Ice Cool Auto, day 15

large.5e2a19d2be019_d15icastem.jpg
Ice Cool Auto, day 15

The plants are starting to produce side shoots, so it won't be long now before the tent fills up. I do also have two other plants in the tent as well, but for the moment there is plenty of space. Here's the four Sweet Seeds plants today:

large.5e2a19cc66b8e_d16groupshot.jpg
Top: Sweet Gelato Auto 1, Ice Cool Auto
Bottom: Sweet Gelato Auto 2, Sweet Trainwreck Auto (day 16)

:yep:

• Like 11

Day 17 and Day 18

A quick update from the past couple of days.

large.5e2cbb1b4f4f5_d18ica.jpg
Ice Cool Auto, day 18

large.5e2cbb1835075_d18icaleaf.jpgIce Cool Auto, day 18

large.5e2cbb160c565_d18twa.jpgSweet Trainwreck Auto, day 18

I watered them with the same recipe EC 1.0 nutrient solution on day 17. The temperature has been 22-28°C, and humidity 45-68% at all times. Most of the time it's 26°C with 60%-ish humidity. The leaves are often reading 22-23°C with an infrared thermometer, showing good high levels of transpiration cooling them down below the air temperaure.

large.5e2cbb26042cc_d18sga2.jpg
Sweet Gelato Auto 2, day 18

This second Sweet Gelato Auto was started 4 days after the others, so this picture above is really a two week birthday portrait on her own equivalent day 14.

Both the Sweet Gelato Auto plants have slightly darker colour than the other two strains. That could possibly be a genetic difference, but it might really just be the way I have grown them!

large.5e2cbb2386504_d18sga1.jpg
Sweet Gelato Auto 1, day 18

The older sister might be small but she's also showing she's keen to get on with it. This is the first plant in the tent I have seen pistils on. I was excited when I saw the first single one photobombing a stem picture this morning:

large.5e2cbb2096455_d18sga1pistil.jpg
Sweet Gelato Auto 1 producing the first pistil in the tent, day 18

:toot:

Here's a look again this evening, a couple more tiny beginnings appearing alongside that initial pistil:

large.5e2cbb1defe30_d18sga1pistil2.jpg
Sweet Gelato Auto 1 pistils, day 18

After a good look around the other plants I haven't found any more, but these should be the first of many!

• Like 15

Nice pictures mate and the girls are nice and healthy. Growing well and should be a good size when they start producing the flowers. Great stuff :thumsup:

• Like 3

Thanks very much @Michael Luchóg - yes it's crucial to get autos started well as those first few weeks are all they get. All the small scale growth at the beginning builds up later on, a bit like compound interest.

Thanks @jadenugs - I would say they are doing well for size, compared to previous grows at this stage.

Thank you @Exhale! Yep she's a pretty hairy lady alright, but I like it!

• Like 5

Day 19 to Day 22

I have three week birthday picture of each, plus a few extra snaps. First a group shot:

large.5e320f7fe9ad3_d21groupshot.jpg
Top: Sweet Trainwreck Auto, Ice Cool Auto
Bottom: Sweet Gelato Auto 2, Sweet Gelato Auto 1 (day 21)

They are currently on a 48 hour watering cycle and were watered on days 19 and 21. Both times I gave them EC 1.1, a slight increase from day 17. This is 0.9ml/l Gro, 0.6ml/l Micro and 0.3ml/l Bloom, pH'd to 6.1. I also gave them a spray with Epsom salts solution on day 21.

large.5e320f829b16b_d21ica.jpg
Ice Cool Auto, day 21

large.5e320f92d2744_d22icaleaf.jpgIce Cool Auto leaf, day 22

It's been a little colder outside recently but things have been more or less the same in the tent: 21-28°C, and humidity 45-70%. I think I've only filled up the humidifier once in these past four days, it's hardly doing any work now.

large.5e320f8a72de4_d21twa.jpg
Sweet Trainwreck Auto, day 21

large.5e320f8775fb3_d21twapistils.jpg
First pistils on Sweet Trainwreck Auto, day 21

All the plants have pistils now. I found it really hard to take any kind of satisfying picture of them, but I was quite pleased with the one above.

I spotted pistils on the second Sweet Gelato Auto today, which would be her equivalent day 18, due to her later start. She's just like her little big sister!

large.5e320f9696608_d22sga2.jpg
Sweet Gelato Auto 2, day 22

large.5e320f943ba0d_d22sga2leaf.jpgSweet Gelato Auto 2 leaf, day 22

She probably has the most leaf area of the four plants, and it is this lovely rich deep green colour. I do think there might be something about fabric pots that helps plants get off to a better start than airpots. I had similar results last grow when I had a mix of pot types in the tent - those in fabric pots grew faster at the beginning. Perhaps because the fabric pots are not so harsh at root pruning? Perhaps I'm doing something wrong and I could improve my results with airpots? I'm not sure, but I am considering ditching the airpots for future grows based on these experiences. There are advantages to airpots too though, such as drainage, and training, so I haven't made a firm decision.

large.5e320f8504653_d21sga1.jpg
Sweet Gelato Auto 1, day 21

On a photography sidenote, I downloaded the new version of Darktable yesterday to process my photos and I've been getting to grips with that. I've tried to improve this batch of pictures particularly in relation to colour. I had been leaving the camera to automatically get the white balance before now, and I had been fairly happy with the results, showing a warm glow from the Agro bulb. However this definitely gave a yellowish tinge to the leaf colour, and it the plants look ever so slightly pale in comparison to real life, so I have tried to fix it this time. I don't have a calibrated screen so it is difficult to know, I'm not totally sure I've got it right but I think it is an improvement and more accurately represents what they actually look like.

Thank you for looking at my diary :yep:

• Like 13

they look very contented ..i must say its a fantastic tasting smoke a proper fizzy treat .

• Like 4

Day 23 and Day 24

Here's a couple of pictures of each plant from yesterday and today.

large.5e34a7f677a32_d23twa.jpgSweet Trainwreck Auto side shoot, day 23

large.5e34a801cfcda_d24twa.jpgSweet Trainwreck Auto, day 24

Some of the plants will be tied down very soon, they have some nice sidegrowth already. I didn't want to do it too soon, because it has made watering awkward in previous grows when there wasn't much space to get in under the plants, so I've waited until they are bigger this time.

large.5e34a7eeb0b37_d23ica.jpgIce Cool Auto, day 23

large.5e34a7f94d1ce_d24ica.jpgIce Cool Auto, day 24

I gave another watering on day 23 with the same EC 1.1 solution. Soon it will be time to start switching the ratio over between Gro and Bloom for flowering, but not just yet. Temperature has been a little higher, typically about 27°C up to a maximum recorded 30°C, minimum 22°C, and humidity 45-68%, usually at the higher end.

large.5e34a7f14935c_d23sga1.jpgSweet Gelato Auto 1, day 23

large.5e34a7fc520c4_d24sga1.jpgSweet Gelato Auto 1, day 24

I won't be tying the first Sweet Gelato Auto down, at least not just yet. I just measured a height above the coco of only 10cm. I may as well keep it going. It is a lovely, healthy plant albeit very compact, and should still give a nice result, though just maybe not a lot of it. In comparison the Sweet Trainwreck Auto is tallest at 23cm, and the Ice Cool Auto is just a centimetre or two shorter.

On the other hand, the younger Sweet Gelato Auto is growing tremendously well so far and has some huge leaves, bigger than the other plants. It is 19cm tall, and all around much larger than the first one. It was the right decision to start another.

large.5e34a7f404e9c_d23sga2.jpgSweet Gelato Auto 2, day 23

large.5e34a7ff047fe_d24sga2.jpgSweet Gelato Auto 2, day 24

• Like 9

ice cool auto ? ...i believe this will be the biggest buds of the lot ..couple of years ago i did that in this very competition ..the top bud was just over 3 oz ..and the rest amounted to about another 2 oz ..from an auto ..

• Like 4