Delagdo's Gelato & More Autos

delagdo

yes, great start, apart from the gelato, but like said it will hopefully recover.

great pics too, love the close ups.

good luck with this grow, hope they fly for you..

• Like 5

Day 3 to Day 6

So, the second Sweet Gelato Auto popped up on day 4, seeming as though it wants to catch up with the rest. I put it in a 10 litre fabric pot and gave it a watering with about 600mls of the 0.6 EC solution.

large.5e1ce1b289dd2_d4sga2.jpg
Extra Sweet Gelato Auto, day 4

The original Sweet Gelato Auto is surviving still. The first true leaves have stayed very small and the stem is very stunted.

large.5e1ce1b05012d_d4sga1.jpg
Original Sweet Gelato Auto, day 4

I will give it a week or two and we'll see if it's just delayed a little, or if problems will persist, then decide what to do. I am hoping it's the former, the damage was caused by myself messing around with the seedling and I could have avoided it. I might need to consider the way I put seeds into the Root Riot cubes because I often get seeds coming up with their helmets on - maybe I could avoid this if I wait for them to crack first (as happened by chance with the extra Sweet Gelato Auto seed) and position them more carefully?

The Ice Cool Auto and Sweet Trainwreck Auto are both looking great still.

large.5e1ce1ad48575_d4ica.jpg
Ice Cool Auto, day 4

Temperatures have been steady between 24°C and 27°C, down to a low around 22°C at point with light off. The light goes off for 4 hours each afternoon and is on for the remaining 20 hours. The humidifier is only on when the lights are on, and the humidity is usually between 50% and 60% but occasionally has dropped down to 40%.

large.5e1ce1aa87f84_d4twa.jpg
Sweet Trainwreck Auto, day 4

I dribbled a few hundred mls of the 0.6 EC nutrient solution on each on day 2, and again on day 4. Today is day 6 and I have given a more thorough watering of bit more than a litre to each (except the second Sweet Gelato Auto), which was enough to get a tiny amount of runoff from some of them, but not quite enough for others. This was EC 0.8, which was 0.5ml/l Gro, 0.375ml/l Micro and 0.25ml/l Bloom, pH'd to 6.2

• Like 15

I love it mate, this year you all are doing very fine works on your diaries ;)

Keep it up and best of luck!

jaypp

Edited by Sweet Seeds -Jaypp
  • Like 6

blimey riley another crisp clean grow ..no wooden spoons needed here ..

and i would if i were you get this pic in the photo comp .asap .

large.5e17ae4e1ddc8_d2sga.jpg

• Like 8

Day 7 to Day 9

I have a couple of pictures of each plant to share, one on their one week birthday, and another today which is day 9.

large.5e20deda3906d_d7twa.jpg
Sweet Trainwreck Auto, day 7

large.5e20dee29e78e_d9twa.jpg
Sweet Trainwreck Auto, day 9

My plants are continuing to grow nicely and are enjoying the bright, warm, damp environment in the tent - nothing's changed there since last time, it's all very steady in temperature and humidity. I am glad we don't have a cold winter at the moment.

I gave them a spray with Epsom salts solution (1 teaspoon in 500ml tapwater) on day 8 because I my magnesium level is a little low in my tapwater.

large.5e20ded447d9f_d7ica.jpg
Ice Cool Auto, day 7

large.5e20dedc93d0f_d9ica.jpg
Ice Cool Auto, day 9

I put about 200ml of the 0.8 EC nutrient solution on each of them today just to keep to top from drying out, before I water them properly again in a couple of days or so. I know people say you can't overwater coco but I've found that's not exactly true, not when you are putting a tiny seedling straight into big final pots.

large.5e20ded609416_d7sga1.jpg
Sweet Gelato Auto 1, day 7

large.5e20dede2fda9_d9sga1.jpg
Sweet Gelato Auto 1, day 9

The original Sweet Gelato Auto seems to have sped up its growth rate a little, the leaves are expanding at a more normal rate now, though the stem is still tiny. I think the roots must have started growing and at this point I am still holding on to a lot of hope for her.

large.5e20ded7c51c4_d7sga2.jpg
Sweet Gelato Auto 2, day 7

large.5e20dee0592b5_d9sga2.jpg
Sweet Gelato Auto 2, day 9

The second Sweet Gelato Auto seedling was started four days later, but I would guess it is very nearly the same leaf area at this point, and it's probably about three times as tall as its sister! I watered this one in with a litre of 0.8 EC on day 7, only one day after the others got it, but it seemed like it was ready.

Thanks for looking!

• Like 15

Nice to see the Gelato pulling through mate

On 13/01/2020 at 10:05 PM, delagdo said:

I often get seeds coming up with their helmets on - maybe I could avoid this if I wait for them to crack first (as happened by chance with the extra Sweet Gelato Auto seed) and position them more carefully?

I find that sowing them straight into the root riots with no soak works well for me, and stuffing a small corner of the cube down the hole on top of the seed.  The shoot has to force it's way past the corner peace and I don't think I've ever had one with it's helmet still on when using these root riots. Not sure if you do that or not? Maybe not if they already have a root from the soaking when you plant them.

• Like 5

Wow, great start to your diary. This is gonna be so good good to watch. Big sticky autos here we come :)

That second photo of the seeds on sweet seeds metal in your first post is an absolute cracker.

atb shire

• Like 7

You have some very impressive photos going on in here! I can vouch for both Sweet Trainwreck and Ice Cool - lovely plants to grow and a cracking smoke. Good Luck  :yep:

Edited by Sp1n
  • Like 5

Yh brilliant camera skills there mate, can only dream of having a lens good enough to get that close atm. 

Best of luck onwards bud!

GV.

• Like 5

That is a snazzy reflector ,and great pictures too . I'm using the same light to flower plants and it's A1 ,but that reflector looks like he bees knees ! 

All the best ,and plants looking great . 

Edited by Michael Luchóg
  • Like 3

Thanks very much @InTheSystem :yep:

Thank you @jadenugs. What I do is very similar to you, except I soak the seeds for 24-48 hours before. I don't normally see a root come out like my extra one this time, but sometimes they'll crack open slightly. I tear a bit of the edge of the Root Riot cube, but I think I am possibly not putting the seeds very far down, leading to the helmet problem. I don't like to since when I started growing I killed some seedlings in jiffy pellets before they'd even popped up, by over-watering or burying too deep.

Thanks for your kind words @shire - that's my Sweet Seeds grinder which is both useful and beautiful.

Thanks very much for the encouragement @GreenVision.

Thank you @Sp1n - great to hear some first hand reports on those strains.

Thanks @Michael Luchóg - yes the Focus reflector is great, well built and very compact. I had a Daylight reflector before but it failed after a couple of grows. I was surprised how much smaller the Focus is in comparison, but it's better in terms of downward light if you believe their numbers. The small size is great for packing away.

• Like 6

Day 10 to Day 13

Today is day 13. Here's couple pictures of each plant from yesterday and today:

large.5e262f1b73666_d12ica.jpg
Ice Cool Auto, day 12

large.5e262ff0aa5c0_d13ica.jpg
Ice Cool Auto, day 13

I gave them a watering through on day 11 with nutrient solution which was 0.9 EC, made with 0.8ml/l Gro, 0.6ml/l Micro and 0.4ml/l Bloom, plus 5ml/l Plant Magic Plus Root Stimulator, pH'd to 6.2.

large.5e262fee2b4c7_d12twa.jpg
Sweet Trainwreck Auto, day 12

large.5e262f1842483_d13twa.jpg
Sweet Trainwreck Auto, day 13

The plants are looking slightly rough around the edges, I think it looks like a nutrient uptake deficiency. They are a little pale and there are a few patches on the leaves. I think this could be from being a little slow introducing the nutrients, or perhaps the pH being a little high, or maybe the plants didn't like the coco being soaked through after it had been dryer for a while? Or possibly a combination of factors.

I have alternated between starting autos in their final pots, and starting in smaller ones then potting up. This time I went straight into final pots but I think next time I'll probably go back to small pots for the first week.

large.5e262f221eae5_d12sga1.jpg
Sweet Gelato Auto 1, day 12

large.5e262ff31cf47_d13sga1.jpg
Sweet Gelato Auto 1, day 13

The original Sweet Gelato Auto remains a tiny-stemmed dwarf. The second one I started now has more leaf area, is taller and looks like is in an identical place developmentally, producing the third pair of true leaves right now.

large.5e262f26bb60e_d12sga2.jpg
Sweet Gelato Auto 2, day 12

large.5e262feb2e86a_d13sga2.jpg
Sweet Gelato Auto 2, day 13

• Like 11