Nugs's 6 for the 6th Sweet Seeds Grow Diary Competition

jadenugs

Red Mandarine F1 Fast Version.
April 27th Day 62 Harvest.

Hi dudes, hope you're all well :yep:
As mentioned, the Red Mandarine was telling me it was time to harvest by throwing a couple of late bloom nanas out. Not really a problem and can be expected at this stage of the grow, but I thought I'd take her down just in case any of the others decided to drag it out and there'd be a chance of seeds developing. As it happens they all seem to be finishing up quite quickly so she could have gone longer for my usual preferences. Not to worry though, there were enough amber trichomes on her for me to call her done. At least on the tops anyway. As I started harvesting the others I decided to leave the lowers on those to ripen up for another week or two. I wish I'd thought on and done that with this girl. Never mind though, the scissor hash told me she came down at a decent time :) 

She hasn't really portrayed being a fast version for me and I think that might be because my environment ran quite cool for most of the grow. 

Environment.
Not really relevant for this girl but just to keep the stats going for the remaining plants, the conditions on day 62 were:

Temps: 24-29C
Roots: 23-24C
RH:    36-51%

Feed:
The rest of the plants received 2.5L of plain water. The Red Mandarine had received 3 plain waterings in her final week before harvest and her last was on day 60 so the pot was nice and dry come harvest time.

Harvest images.
I'm chuffed with how healthy she stayed until harvest. She could have looked perfect if it wasn't for the bud leaf deficiency. This confused me because it looked like tip burn to start with but when I switched to plain water it carried on getting worse and manifested as a K deficiency. 

large.5eadc27625c84_RMF1R.jpg

Sorry, no cola pics pre harvest. I was feeling shit and in a rush to get the job done. Why rush when you've nurtured them for 4 months :doh: There'll be more pics of the others ;) 

Here's one of the tops, a close up of it and a close up of another top. 

large.5eadc2820cf21_RMF2R.jpg

large.5eab3e6ae51f3_RM(4)ER.jpg

large.5eadc288e0342_RMF3R.jpg

The trim. I threw most of the popcorn in with it but left some on the stalks that felt a bit firmer. 

large.5eadc28f26ce2_RMF7R.jpg

The 6 main colas and the secondary branches ready to be moved to the drying area. I've sussed another safe place to dry in the house and the temp has been a constant 17C, the RH ranging from 62 to 65%. Happy with that :)  20 tops in all. They'd have fattened up a lot more if there'd been less tops but I've got it in my head that more tops reduces the overall stretch. It probably does but the last few years have been spent running new to me multi strain grows so I haven't had the chance to do a comparison with one strain. If I grow this strain again I'll go for 6 main tops and see if the stretch is much different. 

large.5eadc2956ceea_RMport5R.jpg

large.5eadc2991247f_RMport6R.jpg

I didn't get much scissor hash, not even worth a pic but I've included one just to show the colour. It's only about 5mm in diameter. While trimming, the zesty sour lemon and aniseed aroma calmed down to a more deeper fruitiness coming through. I couldn't pinpoint the taste but it left a very sweet covering on my lips. The effect was a relaxed high, energetic but nice and smooth on the head. Body relaxation set in after about 20 minutes. I can't wait until the buds are dried and cured so I can better gauge the effect. I think I'm gonna like this one :) 

large.5eadc29de2bc1_RMF8R.jpg

That's all for now. Next to come down was the Indigo Berry Kush and I'll update when I manage to sort out all the photos. 

Thanks for looking, happy growing and be lucky :yep:     

Edited by jadenugs
Add bold to a title
  • Like 10

Sensational Nugs. That second last pic, the contrast between the stem and the flowers is really something special. Well done mate, hope the rest all goes smoothly. 

• Like 2

@shire Thanks mate. I was thinking the same about yours, you've produced some cracking colas to be proud of and I've thoroughly enjoyed your diary :yep: 

• Like 3

Awesome grow, wonderful plants and stunning colouration :)      Quite green with envy of your grow lol       

I hope you enjoy mate.  

• Like 2

Indigo Berry Kush.
April 30th Day 65 Harvest.

Hi folks, hope all's well :)
On day 64 I took a load of pre harvest pics of the Indigo Berry Kush but it was late anmd I didn't have much energy after that so left it another day before I chopped her. I only ended up taking the 8 main tops as the lower buds were soft, and decided to leave the rest a week or two to ripen up. 

Environment.
(Average from day 62 to 65).
Temps: 22-27C
Roots: 21-24C
RH:    41-49%

Forgot to mention I raised the lamps on day 62 to as high as they'd go by removing the ratchets. This raised them by 7". Luckily it never raised the average humidity. 

Feed.
Day 64:
2.5L each of plain tap water for the other plants.
The IBK had received 5 plain waterings before the chop, 11 days on just water and she was still looking sweet.  

Harvest Images.
I took plenty of photos before the chop as I regretted not taking many of the RM before she came down. 
First up, the full plant. She stayed nice, compact and sturdy right through the grow, just the odd small top hanging over.

large.5eb1990090f49_IBKF1R.jpg 
A main top with some close ups.

large.5eb199072a604_IBKport2R.jpg

large.5eb1990d70fb6_IBKF3R.jpg

large.5eb199100ad6e_IBKF4R.jpg

Another main top and a close up.

large.5eb1991743870_IBKport5R.jpg

large.5eb1992352d02_IBKF6R.jpg

The following are of various tops. It gets confusing matching the close ups to the tops but most, if not all are of different ones.

large.5eb1993f32470_IBKF7R.jpg

large.5eb1994159985_IBKF8R.jpg

large.5eb1994330d90_IBKF9R.jpg

large.5eb19944f2998_IBKF10R.jpg

large.5eb19946b2680_IBKF11R.jpg

large.5eb1994886db0_IBKF12R.jpg

large.5eb1994a730e1_IBKF13R.jpg

large.5eb1994c59a75_IBKF14R.jpg

large.5eb1994e5d9b0_IBKF15R.jpg

There wasn't much trim, with only trimming the mains but it will add up for a mixed hash or oil. Probably oil because I haven't frozen it from fresh.

large.5eb199833f5b3_IBKF17R.jpg  

The colas ready to be moved to the drying area. Conditions in the drying area  have been 17-20C and 62-70%. The humidity is on the high side but it should at least slow the initial drying down. If they seem like they're drying too slowly I'll move them back into the attic to finish off. If that speeds it up too much they'll go into brown paper bags. I'll just have to juggle things and keep an eye out for mold. I've already noticed a dodgy looking bud leaf and the oldest pre flowers on the Psicodelicia turning brown so I'm keeping an eye on her as she ripens. She's still got a fair few clear trichomes as she stands on day 70. Late flower nanas appearing too so needs to come down soon.

large.5eb19985af19f_IBKF16R.jpg 

Here's what's left of the IBK. The frame was quite high up on the colas so had to be removed to chop them. I put a scrogg screen on the remains of the plant to space the buds out and support them, then placed her up on an upturned bucket to get her closer to the lamps. She was thirsty by now so I gave her 2L of plain water. 

large.5eb1999b8d66f_IBKF18R.jpg

large.5eb199a0046b3_IBKF19R.jpg 

Scissor Hash.
There's no photo of the hash. It was smaller than the RM's with only trimming 8 main tops.

Aroma.
Tangy berries (Blueberry I think), citrus and earth. While trimming the colas I'm sure I caught a hint of bubblegum but it never transferred to the hash.

Taste.
Sweet and very earthy.

Effect.
Strong but relaxing indica high and good for relaxing the mind as well as the body. Well impressed from a small amount of hash so I'm looking forward to the cured buds :) 

The Killer Kush was the next to come down on day 66 and will be updated when I get time to sort the photos. 

Thanks for looking, happy growing and be lucky  :)

• Like 10

@jadenugs lovely images of that Sweet Seeds Indigo Berry Kush and good to hear you like the effect when consumed. In my cab it is the stand out girl, followed by one of the Gorilla Girls and then the Doi girls no idea what they smell like certainly strange. All should be good after a little bit of curing in the jars I would imagine.

Take care and keep on toking.

Toke...

• Like 3

Killer Kush F1 Fast Version.
May 1st Day 66 Harvest.

Hi dudes :)
As mentioned, the Killer Kush was the next to come down on day 66. She started throwing the odd late flower nana out, no big deal. I harvested 19 of her tops and left the lower buds to finish up. There was no scrog screen needed this time as the frame was attached lower than where I cut the colas, so it was left in place to keep her contained and support the flimsy lowers. 

Environment.
For the 24 hours since the Indigo Berry Kush was harvested.

Temps: 21-28C
Roots: 21-23C
RH:    40-50%

Feed.
Day 66:
2L of plain water for the other plants.
The KK had her last watering on day 64 so the pot was dry ready for harvesting.  She had 5 plain waterings, the same as the IBK.

Harvest Images.
Plenty of images again. First up the whole plant before harvest.

large.5eb4aec82475d_KKF1R.jpg

Couple of cola shots.

large.5eb4aed2e0307_KKport2R.jpg

large.5eb4aed778fe4_KKport3R.jpg

Couple of tops end on.

large.5eb4aedb42c47_KKF4R.jpg

large.5eb4aedf0580d_KKF5R.jpg

3 different tops and a close up of the last one.

large.5eb4aee28c99e_KKF6R.jpg

large.5eb4aee8eeca7_KKport7R.jpg

large.5eb4aeed8bb1b_KKport8R.jpg

large.5eb4aefb40c21_KKF9R.jpg

2 more tops with a close ups.

large.5eb4aefe4859c_KKF10R.jpg

large.5eb4af012ab02_KKF11R.jpg

large.5eb4af04370f3_KKF12R.jpg

large.5eb4af07578c3_KKF13R.jpg

One of the lower tops close up.

large.5eb4af0a5076d_KKF14R.jpg

Random mid top shot.

large.5eb4af0e1932c_KKF15R.jpg

Easy plant to manicure so not a lot of trim.

large.5eb4af143742a_KKF16R.jpg

The harvested tops ready for the drying area. Temps and humidity are up and down so I'm keeping watch on the colas. I'll have to steal some more coat hangers from the missus and spread these out a bit I think.

large.5eb4af18b5102_KKF17R.jpg

large.5eb4af1d75b19_KKF18R.jpg 

The remainder of the plant was given 2L of plain water, then put back in the tent on top of some containers to get her closer to the lamps. 

large.5eb4af2175ddf_KKF19R.jpg

large.5eb4af26eec9e_KKF20R.jpg

Scissor Hash.
A bit more hash this time :) 

large.5eb4af2c100cc_KKF21R.jpg

Aroma.
Fruit and sour skunk. 

Taste.
Sweet and hashy.

Effect.
Clear and happy high accompanied by a heavy body stone. Cheek numbing with a warm band around my head. Very relaxing. 

The next to come down was the San Fernando Lemon Kush and I'll update in due course. 

Thanks for looking, happy growing and be lucky  :bong: 

• Like 12

Top class Nugs. Pretty much perfect all round. 

Funny thing I downloaded photo editor 17 or something like that, to try and compete with you and Toke on the photography, but it may as well be written in Chinese as I can't use it FFS. 

• Like 3

@ROCKSTEADY6  Hi dude and thanks. 

You could try downloading GIMP. It's free and does most of the things photoshop does, working with layers and all that. There's loads of tutorials on the tube as well :yep: 

I only really use it to lighten the lights and darken the darks to give my images more contrast, and then a little bit of sharpening if adjusting the contrast hasn't sharpened the images enough. If sharpening makes them too noisy I do a bit of noise reduction. Odd times I'll add a bit of saturation if the colours are still dull but most of the time the above adjustments do the job if the original image aint too bad ;) I also use it for making the picture frames and adding text. Even though I don't make that many adjustments it still takes me hours though, because I'll get most of the way through the pics and the last one will be better, so I have to go back through them all and change them. Can't help myself lol For resizing I use paint and I've got OCD with that fucker too. I have to make sure they are all bang on the same size and I have to resize them 5 or 6 times til I get it right lol 

Well impressed with the Killer Kush hash, very potent but a real nice high and tastes great. Can't wait to try the cured buds :) There's only the Psicodelicia to come down, probably tonight on day 74. Then I can concentrate on getting through the backlog of all the other harvest pics. No rest for the wicked lol 

• Like 4

10 hours ago, jadenugs said:

No rest for the wicked

beautiful work brother nugs

:cheers: :skin_up:

sam

• Like 3