Nugs's 6 for the 6th Sweet Seeds Grow Diary Competition

jadenugs

@Subliminal Criminal:cheers: mate.  I used to use my camera without flash but it's a struggle with the available light up there in the attic so I'm trying to master flash photography at the moment. 

@SYZYGY Thanks dude. Yeah the light raise seemed to do the trick and the Plant aid maybe helped too. Made the top half of my plants darken up too so I'll proceed with caution on that one in future and save it for recoveries only.  I'm just getting back into sat doms lately and been enjoying Dedoverde haze recently until I decided a rest on combustion while this virus shit is going about. Got underlying lung problems so playing it carefully. Oil in my coffee :)  

On 01/04/2020 at 10:05 AM, SYZYGY said:

I'm sure The New will provide

I'll second that one :yep:  Thanks for the link mate, I'll have a look in when I've got my next update out the way.

Be lucky dudes :lucky: 

• Like 4

March 31st Day 35 Bloom.

Hi growers, hope you're all well and your gardens are healthy :)
My girls are into their 6th week of bloom so here's an update for the 5 week mark. This one is all about the whole plants to show you the 5 week fade is underway. Also there isn't a lot of light getting to the lower growth, it's a bit packed in here. I'll try and keep the bloom feed at the current level through week 6 before tapering down and adding some grow feed or fish mix to keep them healthy. I might up the bloom another half mil on some of the plants this week though. Not sure yet, we'll see how they grow. 

Environment.
Temps: 19-24C
Roots: 21-23C
RH:    44-61%

Feed.
Day 32:
2.5L each, containing 1ml/L IN Runzyme and 2ml/L IN Organix Bloom. Do-Sweet-Dos had 2.5ml/L.
Day 34: 2.5ml/L each, containing 1ml/L Runzyme and 2.5ml/L Bloom.

Images.
I was hoping to get up there before lights on but failed so the canopy shots are with lights on again. Clockwise from back left to front left are KKFV-DSD-RMFV-SFLK-IBK-PSI. 

large.5e8758a4651d0_GroupFR.jpg

A front canopy shot that shows a truer slope on the canopy. My attic floor is all over the place and I levelled my camera with the front tent brace last update, which wasn't level lol The Indigo Berry Kush is still sat on a tub.

large.5e8758a92257b_GroupF1R.jpg

It's starting to get difficult taking these girls out for individual pics but I'll keep doing it for as long as I can. The frames are doing their job but I never expected the colas to get as long with the training I did to keep stretch down. As the colas get heavier it will be more awkward getting them out without them bending over. I already have plans for the next time I train my plants FROG style :naughty: 

large.5e8758d0b11ec_KKFR.jpg

This girl is very frosty and smells wonderful, very sweet. 

large.5e8758d3c49dc_IBKFR.jpg

I've noticed a few more rust spots on other parts of the Do-Sweet-Dos but I'm thinking this could be from the earlier light stress, and has just taken it's time to show. So I'm still holding off from using CalMag. I'll just keep an eye on her and the lamp distance. I don't really wanna raise the lamp too much and lose depth of light penetration on her neighbours, but will if she gets much worse. Or I could swap her with the Killer Kush to the outside back left of the tent so she's less under the lamp. The KK has some taller colas though.

large.5e8758d7058aa_DSDFR.jpg  

What can I say about the Psicodelicia, she's just a beauty :) Less colas and better light penetration would have benefitted all the plants but my main objective was to try and keep the stretch down with more colas to soak it up. Less chance of rot too with multiple thinner colas. 

large.5e8758e130f6e_PSIFR.jpg

You can see better the adjustments I made to the frame and the stakes added to the Red Mandarine to hold her in shape. There are 2 short diagonals across 2 of the corners that can't be seen. 

large.5e8758e2d0c53_RMFR.jpg

I'm keeping an eye on the Lemon Kush for overfeeding but think I'll leave her on 2.5ml bloom for now.

large.5e8758e472871_SFFR.jpg 

That concludes another update, thanks for looking. The next one will be more about close ups to see how the trichomes are doing. 

Stay safe, happy growing and be lucky  :yinyang:

• Like 19

did you gow dedo haze out???

how was it?

be careful man!

bake some muffins nugs.i made some out of the emdogs.i was lying in bed for hours watching walking dead(started again) and rewinding the 3 seconds when Daryl starts up his bike at the prison just to listen to that sound:rofl:

• Like 3

i have been wating for this update:)

lovely mate.

cant you add extra light?

spotlights maybe?

the psico and  killer wins for me,

FROG style!:rofl:hahaha

and you are spot on man i never had bud rot with my grows.smaller multiple heads wins

Edited by ANTHONY13
  • Like 4

Lovely plants and growing. Really making most of space as well. Hope they reward you with some fine smoke 

• Like 4

@ANTHONY13 Yeah man, outdoors and in. She's a good buzz, nice and clear :yep: The flavour could be better but my outdoor stuff came down early due to rot and dried too quick in the attic, back end of summer. The indoor was my first try at coco and did ok  but I let her dry out too much at the end because of other commitments and she was dying/drying before the chop. The smell and taste is pine and hint of lemon even though it wasn't very pronounced. I'm well excited  about the Psicodelicia, can't wait.

There's two 315W CMH in there and the DSD has been light stressed already causing some Ca probs.

Haha the FROG style (frame of green).

Thanks for looking in dude, I'll catch up with your diaries later when I get chance :yep: 

• Like 7

@Lean Bear Thankyou very much mate. Going by the aromas I think I'm in for a treat :) Drying in the attic  will have to be monitored closely in May when the weather is warming up.

• Like 3

All looking sensational nugs. That manderine is a lovely plant to look at. Hope you are well mate. 

• Like 4

@Exhale Cheers dude, appreciated :) Found a hermie on my IBK and a couple on the RM last night while doing my checks. Just starting to open up and show green nanas so I've caught them in time. Must have been the leaf plucking I reckon so hopefully no more now I've stopped doing that. I'll keep checking every 2nd day when I take the IBK out to get to the others for watering :yep: 

@ROCKSTEADY6 Thanks for looking in dude and for the positive vibes. The RM smells nice, very orangey. Hope you're well too mate :yep: 

• Like 4

@jadenugs hi dude sorry to hear that, it's happening to the best of us now!

Are you picking nanas and seeing out the grow? I'd hate to see you get done at this stage of the grow. 

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Exhale said:

Are you picking nanas and seeing out the grow?

Yeah man. No big deal so far, they're not getting any stress at the moment I don't think. Nature of the game IMO, I think having the convenience of feminised seeds is offset by the extra work of hermie checking. Had a few in the past and seen them through. Will have to see how it goes and hope for the best :)  As I understand things not all plants will self successfully so female seed breeders need to find plants that have selfing traits to start with and then clean them up the best they can. So there's always gonna be a risk when we put them under stress in a closed environment. I've never noticed any hermies from feminised seeds on my outdoor grows where conditions are natural. Only from seeds I brought back from Jamaica which were all hermies to start with. All I can think of with this grow is the leaf plucking, possibly the addition of Plant aid as it made the top half of my plants quite dark quite quickly over two feeds, and shoving canes into the Red mandarine pot. I did try and place them down the outside of the root ball though. 

30 minutes ago, Exhale said:

I'd hate to see you get done at this stage of the grow.

Thanks very much mate, was gutted for you when yours hermied. Not nice when you've got them to that stage. Hope your Amos are doing good :yep: 

• Like 4

@InTheSystem @Punta Roja Thanks lads, hope you're both keeping well and doing the do to keep safe :yep: 

InTheSystem, hope you got over your ordeal with the house and plant move mate and things are settling down for ya.

• Like 2