Billys watery wonderland- the rise of the critical moby dogs

badbillybob

large.102md.JPGHi, back with a mini update. 

#they are about 4 days into 12-12 now and the critical is going for it, which is great.

The moby has already gone for it, which I even greater, the grid is struggling to keep the moby down, here check it out.  above.

below shows the criticals, which after a kinda slow veg have perked up and are going for it now, oooh yeahlarge.103cr.JPG

SO its all looking good in the groom, im due a res change, that's tomorrows entertainment, and will restock it at the same as they are at just now, which is 1.2 ec and 5.9ph.

Same time next week?

• Like 8

They are bullet proof, as a strain,  and nothing seems to rattle them.

I would say that these  are as solid as it gets..

Love the mobys,  as much as I love critical... I always seem to do some strain with critical in it..

• Like 2

ive unleashed them, the grids kept them flattened for a few days, but they were pushing it up and off the back support, so I just decided to let them go freeeeee.

heres the criticals, they are beasting, topping has worked wonders....large_102.JPGlarge.103cr.JPG

changed the res too, set to 1.2 ec and 5.6 ph, ..............so far so good …………..

• Like 7

On 16/02/2020 at 8:57 AM, badbillybob said:

They are bullet proof, as a strain,  and nothing seems to rattle them.

I would say that these  are as solid as it gets..

Love the mobys,  as much as I love critical... I always seem to do some strain with critical in it..

High praise coming from you mate  ;)

Our 2 Flagship strains never fail  :yep:

All the best :bong:

Mark..

• Like 2

the main stem on one of the moby has split, must have been due to the frame grid abuse.

nothing some masking tape wont fix. 

they are stretching now, lights need shifted up again

• Like 1

stem damage- masking tape to the rescue, wahaylarge_106.JPG

hasn't slowed it down any, heres the top view of the same plantlarge.107md.JPGlarge_101.JPG

roots look a bit iffy, but the water level is way down today, they are drinking lots, the mark on the right hand side of the tote shows the normal water level. im certain they will be fine, they normally take on a slightly darker hue in bloom, and ive not had Pythium in this system yet, but that's possibly due to the bigg pumps moving lots of water, and of course the chiller.

large_100.JPG

the other moby , check out the tops on her, all nice and level on the canopy, lets hope it stays that waylarge.108md.JPG

I was struggling to get this one in the photo frame, its a beast.. both of them a re. im gonna re-name them Beastie McBeast-face.:yep::smokin:

• Like 12

Did you end up topping the criticals in the end mate? Did i read that they trippled in size last time? Was that in height or did they bush out even more aswell? 

I've found all but one has stayed really squat (the odd one out looks like a mates ammi he had) i was planning on attempting a scrog but not sure the screen would be doing much apart from getting in they way. 

Maybe add it just before the flip and train them over the stretch to fill the space.

Sorry for the bombardment :yinyang:

Edited by BUDZ4DAYZ
Spelling
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, BUDZ4DAYZ said:

Did you end up topping the criticals in the end mate? Did i read that they trippled in size last time? Was that in height or did they bush out even more aswell? 

I've found all but one has stayed really squat (the odd one out looks like a mates ammi he had) i was planning on attempting a scrog but not sure the screen would be doing much apart from getting in they way. 

Maybe add it just before the flip and train them over the stretch to fill the space.

Sorry for the bombardment :yinyang:

no mate I never topped the criticals, because they looked quite small anyway- things have changed tho, they are the same size as mobys now. 

the criticals wouldn't triple in size, but they will probably double, depends on the environment.

you could stick a screen down anyway, even if they grow well through it, it wil help support the plants, but you wont be able to move the pots around..

• Like 3

ive had to supercrop the mobys, and a few of the critical stems - they just keep on growing.

These plants are half as big again as the sweet seed varieties im doing, they are beasts !!!

Previous grows have had this explosive growth too,  and I ended up with lovely top buds, but little down below, so hopefully supercropping will lower the canopy and allow the lights to work on the lower budsites too. ive also reduced the feeds which  are only at 1.1EC, im hoping that not feeding them too much will keep them shorter, but its not working....

I will change out the metal halides next week for the HPS, but im really hoping they will stop stretching so much. 

After I change out the lights i'll get my trusty razor blade out and trim off the lower spindly crap that will never come to anything - either that or put another light in there, vertically ha ha...

Edited by badbillybob
  • Like 3

we are 10 days into 12 12, and the stretch is on now, as you can see. heres mobyslarge_102.JPGlarge_101.JPG

and criticals, ive super cropped them toolarge_103.JPG

I really don't want them stretching much more...the criticals have some nice structure to them.

pistils aren't far away, another couple of days im guessing.

• Like 7

plenty of air circulation/ ventilation between top of plants and lights seems to help.

im also deliberately keeping lights close to try and control stretch, but im losing the battle :)

Edited by badbillybob
  • Like 5

1 minute ago, badbillybob said:

plenty of ventilation between top of plants and lights seems to help

They (the plants) look totally top notch in any case. Nice space too by looks of it.

• Like 2