Billys watery wonderland- the rise of the critical moby dogs

badbillybob

Thanks man . 

Well time for a quick pic update, not much to report, but its been 6 days since I put these in the system. they have not got roots out of the bottom of the netpots yet, but it wont be long. once the roots hit the nutes- that's when they take off. 

Anyway one of my mobys has a bit of a leaf mutation, but im certain it will still produce great buds. the new leaves growing in have normal 3 leaves, but the 2nd set seem to have gelled into one big fat fan leaf.

These have been slightly overfed, but here it is. moby dick #2.large_104m.JPG

the critical+2 are doing well tho, taking the bigger feed no problem, shes not fussy at all and is growing well, here they are

large_103c.JPGlarge_102m.JPG

the temps are slightly high at 28/29  but they are only showing a minor bit of leaf curl, im sure they will be fine. 

Next week should see some development, I think I should also maybe have a had a couple of hours of  "lights off" per day, instead of running the lights 24 hours.

feeds are still at 0.8 ph is at 6.0. 

• Like 6

first roots are visible out of the bottom of the pot on the critical+2.

should see s bit of growth action shortly.

I should have really kept them in the propo till I had more roots out of the bottom of the cube, before transplanting them, but im impatient......and its done now...….

They a re still on 0.8ec, seem to be getting used to it, so im just gonna leave it at that.

Ph is at 5.9, hasn't really moved since Monday.

I am gonna do weekly updates on this diary till we get into bloom, cos theres nothing really much to see in veg is there?

• Like 5

Hello again, ive decided to update just to show the explosive growth of hydro, for the non believers. 

These pics are 3 days after the last ones. the plants have almost doubled in size, heres the moby runtus and one of the critical +2slarge_101.JPGlarge_102.JPG

im very impressed with the critical so far, its such an easy plant to grow. its not fussy about feeds, and its just getting on with the  growing, no problems at all.

The moby seems to have sorted out its fan leaves, the new ones are separated, not that it would have made a difference.

Both Mobys are alooking great too - so far so good. 

Im away for the weekend, so will update next week with more explosive progress.

mon the hydro.

• Like 7

On 17/01/2020 at 11:38 AM, badbillybob said:

Hello again, ive decided to update just to show the explosive growth of hydro, for the non believers. 

These pics are 3 days after the last ones. the plants have almost doubled in size, heres the moby runtus and one of the critical +2slarge_101.JPGlarge_102.JPG

im very impressed with the critical so far, its such an easy plant to grow. its not fussy about feeds, and its just getting on with the  growing, no problems at all.

The moby seems to have sorted out its fan leaves, the new ones are separated, not that it would have made a difference.

Both Mobys are alooking great too - so far so good. 

Im away for the weekend, so will update next week with more explosive progress.

mon the hydro.

Looks like they are loving the system mate :yep:

Time to see a growth explosion  ;)

All the best :bong:

Mark..

• Like 2

well another 3 or 4 days, and they have roots down now, so the show can begin. here they are today, still on 0.8ec PH is 6. 

Temps are a bit high, but they still look ok, so I will just keep an eye on them. 

Mobys first, then criticals. You will notice the 2nd critical is a bit slower, but im sure it will come good, or the other one will simply take over the space. large_gr4.JPGlarge_gr3.JPG

they all look happy and healthy tho so no worries on that front. Im looking forward to seeing these do their stuff after flip. 

heres some more pics, - 2 mobys then 2 criticals .

large_amd2.JPGlarge_amd1.JPGlarge_acr2.JPGlarge_acr1.JPG

and a critical rootlarge_a1.JPG

• Like 6

hi, Well that's 2 weeks in the system and last night they got their first topping. 

feeds and ec the same as last time, nothings moved.

More roots coming out of the bottom of the pots by the day, all looking good.

• Like 3

large_15.jpg

ive been growing moby for years. it never fails . This pic above is the moby purps, its real nice too, very uniform growers too, if you are growing a few. not much height variation at all to be honest and smoked lovely.

I think you will like them, they are a easy grow, non fussy, just keep them fed and you will be rewarded by some huge buds of smokable loveliness. 

Have you done them before?

These will be getting at least another fortnights veg, then flip-...... boom!!!

the critical seems to have stalled, I think im gonna have to have a stern word with them about this......the rascals.....

Edited by badbillybob
  • Like 3

25 minutes ago, badbillybob said:

Have you done them before?

No mate this is my first dinafem outing !

Heard plenty of good things over the years and tried some lovely buds from friends and clubs in the canaries, thought i better try some !

• Like 2

Yes mate Dinafem do some great strains, their blue cheese and critical jack are bangers, but saying that, most of the strains ive tried have been great, no complaints from me. 

I hope you enjoy them. 

Todays update, here they are. They looking a little bit sad because they are overdue a res change and the temps are still a bit on the high side at about 29. 

mobys are going for it big time and there are lots of potential bud sites appearing. large.106md.JPG

I will top the tops at the mifddle or end of this coming week, and that should do them on the topping front.

heres the criticals looking good, but number 2 is a little behind still, but growing so I cant complainlarge.107cr.JPGlarge.108cr.JPG

I will be back once the res change has been done. the shock of the new res cold temps for a day or so, seems to sometimes gets them into a growth spurt when temps get back up.

we will see..

cheers.

• Like 4

On 26/01/2020 at 10:43 AM, badbillybob said:

Yes mate Dinafem do some great strains, their blue cheese and critical jack are bangers, but saying that, most of the strains ive tried have been great, no complaints from me. 

I hope you enjoy them. 

Todays update, here they are. They looking a little bit sad because they are overdue a res change and the temps are still a bit on the high side at about 29. 

mobys are going for it big time and there are lots of potential bud sites appearing. large.106md.JPG

I will top the tops at the mifddle or end of this coming week, and that should do them on the topping front.

heres the criticals looking good, but number 2 is a little behind still, but growing so I cant complainlarge.107cr.JPGlarge.108cr.JPG

I will be back once the res change has been done. the shock of the new res cold temps for a day or so, seems to sometimes gets them into a growth spurt when temps get back up.

we will see..

cheers.

Holly :censored: that's mental growth over the last week  :headbang:

By the look of things as soon as roots hit that water they look of like a rocket  ;)

This is going to be interesting  :yep:

All the best  :bong:

Mark..

• Like 2

AHh, bit of a setback on these. I inadvertently tried to kill them with bleach, while trying to id my res of algae, whoops. 

they have had 2 res changes this week, one with bleach, on e without , ahem, and the resultant cold temps have slowed growth to the point they look the same size as last weeks update, but worse looking due to their poisoning ordeal. 

im hoping they will get back on track for me.

the mobys took it much better than the criticals, but im a bad dad, and have stood in the corner with my dunces hat on (back to front)

here they are first 2 are mobys, 2nd 2 are criticals.  mybad…..large.112md.JPGlarge.111md.JPGlarge.110cr.JPGlarge.107cr.JPG

they look grim, but I think I can pull them back from the brink.

large_100.JPGlarge_101.JPGlarge_101.JPG

on the plus side, my res is clean as clean can be …..no algae anywhere. 

todays top tip- don't add bleach to your system, unless you are cleaning it......

• Like 5

AHh, bit of a setback on these. I inadvertently tried to kill them with bleach, while trying to id my res of algae, whoops. 

they have had 2 res changes this week, one with bleach, on e without , ahem, and the resultant cold temps have slowed growth to the point they look the same size as last weeks update, but worse looking due to their poisoning ordeal. 

im hoping they will get back on track for me.

the mobys took it much better than the criticals, but im a bad dad, and have stood in the corner with my dunces hat on (back to front)

here they are first 2 are mobys, 2nd 2 are criticals.  mybad…..large.112md.JPGlarge.111md.JPGlarge.110cr.JPGlarge.107cr.JPG

they look grim, but I think I can pull them back from the brink.

large_100.JPGlarge_101.JPGlarge_101.JPG

on the plus side, my res is clean as clean can be …..no algae anywhere. 

todays top tip- don't add bleach to your system, unless you are cleaning it......

• Like 4