Billys watery wonderland- the rise of the critical moby dogs

badbillybob

heres a previous grow at the same stage, only 3 days older, just , like, a slight difference eh?

large_41.jpg

bugger.....

• Like 5

On 31/01/2020 at 10:52 AM, badbillybob said:

todays top tip- don't add bleach to your system, unless you are cleaning it..

Oops, let's keep our fingers crossed for a quick recovery  :)

Is there no product you can buy that would kill any algae build up but still plant friendly? 

Just a thought  :yep:

All the best :bong:

Mark..

• Like 1

yes mate, its possible to use low dose of hydrogen peroxide (H2o2), which is basically bleach,  but I think I over did it..

ive topped the moby dick tops today all the leading branches have been topped.

I didn't do the critical+2s, because they look worse than the mobys - the mobys have bounced right back already- great strain moby, I love it..

That's all the topping im doing. I will leave them a week or so and I think I will flip, if they are ready for it...time will tell.

• Like 2

no not normally, ive never had it in the res before,this is the first time ive had it in the res. 

it does show up in the feed pipe to my chiller, but that's because I use clear pipe instead of black stuff, but no, its never been on the walls of the res before. 

its gone now, I guess the bleach kinda worked lol. 

Wouldn't recommend it tho...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, badbillybob said:

no not normally, ive never had it in the res before,this is the first time ive had it in the res. 

it does show up in the feed pipe to my chiller, but that's because I use clear pipe instead of black stuff, but no, its never been on the walls of the res before. 

its gone now, I guess the bleach kinda worked lol. 

Wouldn't recommend it tho...

I was just curious if this was a common/known issue with your type of system buddy  ;)

Thanks for the clarification  :cheers:

All the best  :bong:

Mark...

• Like 1

here we go, a few days later, and they are well on the road to recovery. they been to see Betty Ford, and discussed their childhood traumas, the lot.

Now they are clean and raring to go.

heres the topped tops of the moby, followed by 2 mobys followed by 2 criticals+2.

they are looking boss....large_101.JPGlarge_106.JPGlarge_105.JPG

I never topped the tops of the criticals, I didn't want to stress them any more, and they looked a bit more fragile than the hench mobys.

im sure they would have taken it, but im just gonna leave them, might get some foot long colas off them?

feeds are at 1.2/1.3 and ph is sitting around 5.9  today.

So far so good, the 2nd moby looks like it would be a keeper, its as hard as nails, shrugs off everything and just keeps growing, love this strain - ive been doing it for years and never disappointed --go on and buy some ---do it!!

• Like 3

good news, they have decided to wake up lol. 

hench mobys are set for flip. check the beasts ootlarge.101md.JPGlarge.104md.JPG

you can see where the 2nd round of topping has made a big difference, more heads than Peterhead...

the criticals aren't far behind. But they are behind, you can see the difference in the pic above...criticals on right hand side, mobys on left. 

large.105cr.JPG

feeds the same at 1.2 ph is around 6. 

its definitely time to push the button - flip flip, here we come, let the show commence, mon the buds

heres the mobys again...why?...….why not?

I told you before, go and get some they are beasts!!!!large.100md.JPG

ive got some seedlings on the go too, and added another light tot the room. I expected the temps to go thru the roof, but its sitting at 26 degrees - result.

Saying that it feels like about 2 degrees outside..

im looking forward to seeing these in a few weeks, oh yeah babay….

• Like 3

5 hours ago, badbillybob said:

its definitely time to push the button - flip flip, here we come, let the show commence, mon the buds

You've got some monsters ready to flower  :yep:

Now it's getting exciting  ;)

Nice update mate :cheers:

All the best :bong:

Mark..

• Like 1

I love the setup you have there, im just finishing off some critical kush at the minute. They stretched quite a bit until late into flower so yours been compact right now is only a good thing lol. Having so many arms your plants wont stretch much though. The CK does that thing in flower where after throwing out a bunch of flowers and turning 80-90% brown pistils, it seems to pause n swell the buds then throw out a heap more flowers so dont chop prematurely!

• Like 2

yeah mate, its critical +2 im doing, tho, not critical kush.

Saying that all my plants seem to stay short ans compact during veg, but when I flip they go crazy, trebling in size in a couple of weeks.

I suspect these will be no different

• Like 2

1 hour ago, badbillybob said:

yeah mate, its critical +2 im doing, tho, not critical kush.

Saying that all my plants seem to stay short ans compact during veg, but when I flip they go crazy, trebling in size in a couple of weeks.

I suspect these will be no different

Thanks for the share, interesting to hear about your little bleach dilemma and glad to see they made a rebound. I've been doing lots of research on rdwc and after my autos finish up its time to upgrade. Any major issues you've ran into yourself with DIY setups? I think I'm pretty well near the end of my researching and am going to pull the trigger here soon. After many years of growing I tickles me to think about not watering plants by hand so often... so tedious and time consuming!!

Edited by Tgrow
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Tgrow said:

Any major issues you've ran into yourself with DIY setups? 

Yes, there has been plenty over the years, not so manty these days...., where do I start

Leaks, -  big one this. Ive got a black belt in bailing out tents. 

Can be caused by new fittings being not quite round, old adhesive being used, or poor pipework/ fitting preparation. It only takes one joint to leak to create lots of water....

Res temps - too high or low (see chillers below)

Over-feeding- probably the most popular way of f*cking up a grow.

Things happen  fast in rdwc, so one little mistake can kill the lot stone dead - see my latest "near miss", with half a cupful of bleach (h202) nearly killing everything, don't hang about if you have problems or issues. 

pump failure, air or water pumps - always keep spare ones

Cheap ec and ph pens- don't do it, get proper ones, bluelabs etc. 

Root rot - Another favourite.  water/air temps too high or not using a chiller,

Organic ingredients , just don't use them, ….like, ever . always check nutrient bottle ingredients and beware of anything organic. 

And of course- more leaks..

Head room, - they grow like f*ck

Im sure theres probably more, but that's all I can think about off the top of my head 

But apart from that its great:yep:

• Like 5

25 minutes ago, badbillybob said:

Yes, there has been plenty over the years, not so manty these days...., where do I start

Leaks, -  big one this. Ive got a black belt in bailing out tents. 

Can be caused by new fittings being not quite round, old adhesive being used, or poor pipework/ fitting preparation. It only takes one joint to leak to create lots of water....

Res temps - too high or low (see chillers below)

Over-feeding- probably the most popular way of f*cking up a grow.

Things happen  fast in rdwc, so one little mistake can kill the lot stone dead - see my latest "near miss", with half a cupful of bleach (h202) nearly killing everything, don't hang about if you have problems or issues. 

pump failure, air or water pumps - always keep spare ones

Cheap ec and ph pens- don't do it, get proper ones, bluelabs etc. 

Root rot - Another favourite.  water/air temps too high or not using a chiller,

Organic ingredients , just don't use them, ….like, ever . always check nutrient bottle ingredients and beware of anything organic. 

And of course- more leaks..

Head room, - they grow like f*ck

Im sure theres probably more, but that's all I can think about off the top of my head 

But apart from that its great:yep:

Amazing, appreciate the feedback. Leaks were really the issue I was thinking of. Once you get everything nonleaky tho things go smooth for awhile yeah?

Sounds like ill be ripping up the carpet in the grow room preparing for that first bail out.

I'll be running a chiller for sure, the tip on the good ph meter is something I'll put into action. I planned to buy backup stones, pumps etc.

Do you use RO water? what nutes do you favor?

• Like 2

I use IOnic grow and bloom, canna cal mag and growth tech ph down, and that's about it, its all you need

I don't use RO water, bit my water is soft, less than 0.2 .out the tap. 

if you are ripping out the carpet, id recommend a pond liner, fixed up the walls a bit, ............….you know,...………………... just in case

• Like 3