Fan dead? Phresh hyperfan stealth

seb88

My stealth 6in finally packed in after ten weeks use FFS. I was in the 8th week of flower to! I learnt a lesson this grow I always have spare filters but now even after I replace this fan I will buy a spare just in case. 

• Like 1

@KC both my v1 fans are still working fine at the moment, but seeing more posts pop up in this thread don't fill me with confidence.

If you have a v1 I'd recommend the ubibot (or similar) temp/humidity sensor that will alert you of things get too hot/humid in the tent. Could potentially save you from ruining a crop / burning down the place :furious:

• Like 3

On 28/07/2020 at 10:36 AM, Kelvinwhite said:

My stealth 6in finally packed in after ten weeks use FFS. I was in the 8th week of flower to! I learnt a lesson this grow I always have spare filters but now even after I replace this fan I will buy a spare just in case. 

v1 or v2 mate?

I had a v1 break on me about 2 or 3 months ago, it sounded as though the barings had gone it was hardly silent anymore. On the flipside though I bet I have had 4 years almost continuous use out of it before it broke. I'm on the systemair ec rev fans now and am honestly stunned at how good they are - the newer v1 hyperfans breaking is probably planned obsolescence to get everyone buying a v2 or a systemair fan, seeing as they were bulletproof up until G.A.S bought Phresh... i'm pretty sure they changed some cabling stuff to lock you into buying gas controllers or a gas connector or something. Naughty!

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Miles `n Smiles said:

v1 or v2 mate?

V1 mate. I want to order a V2 but I’m sceptical at this point. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

after 5 months of waiting and being strung along I received a email today stating the grow shop received the fan from the supplier after 4 days of testing and no faults were found, so they have already sent the broken fan with ups and it's on it's way back to my house. 

they sent the fan back to me before emailing me..... 

@seb88 @Miles `n Smiles

any advice lads ? 

• Like 1

@BonnieAuto that's really shitty of them. I'd try contacting them again and tell them that the fault is intermittent and running the fan for 4 days (if they actually bothered) probably wouldn't cause the fault to happen when it ran fine for 6 months.

Good luck but it sounds like they are trying to do their best to avoid replacing :(

• Like 1

@seb88 yeah your right They are trying their best anyway. 

I replied with 

"The fan works for a while then stops, I have personally spoken with people who have the same issue and said their "testing" period was 1 week not 4 days. 

I would like a v1 replacement like the others that have had the same issue."

I think I'm getting told to sling my hook tbh :( :rofl:

i'll Keep yous updated 
  • Like 1

I bought one of their 6in fans and it worked great for a number of years. Still works fine. So i bought a 10inch a few months ago. The first needed exchanging as it would not work at all. And the replacement decided it wanted to shut down again today. 5 weeks into bloom. For this to be happening so often with different customers is a disgrace. Some of us are disabled too so changing fans and running backwards and forwards to shops every minute is just not possible. Not to mention the security risk.  Fuck you Phresh lol

• Like 3

• 2 months later...

Update: I sent my back fan back to the grow shop. I had had the fan for 8 or 9 months at this point. They ran it in the shop and found no faults. The shop sent it back to fresh and they credited them for the fan. I just got the cash back to me today. 

I guess phresh were starting to feel the pressure from all the bad press?.. 

I'm lucky the grow shop were so cool about it. They even paid for collection of the fan :)

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

I'm now having this issue too after 12 months use on the V1. The shop that sold it to me said phresh will likely replace it with a V2 fan but I've recently splashed out on an ec5 controller that controls only the V1 (and had to wait months for it while constantly bugging my local shop). If they do replace for the v2 I'm stuck with an expensive controller I can no longer use, and if they replace with a v1 I'm stuck with a fan I've lost all faith in. Let alone the annoyance of having to remove and send off my fan while having girls a week into flower not knowing how long theyll take to swap it. Very annoying.

Anyone know what's actually wrong with the fans? I'm sure I read something about capacitors needing replacement but that could've been for a different issue. If that was the case I think I'd rather replace them myself and have the fan back up and running the same day.

• 2 weeks later...

I've paid £25 to post my V1 back to the seller and they have said that it's been working fine on full speed for a few days and that there is no point sending it back to phresh as they will just return it as it is. Absolutely fuming after spending 400 odd quid on the fan and matching controller.

Anyone else had anything like this?

I've asked him to send it back to them anyway but I'm not holding my breath. Unsure what else I can do about it. Fan was bought on a fleabay store

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

I’ve been having this same issue, got terrible budrot in my last crop, I have the controllers and inlet fan but the whole lots 3 years old so no refund, cheap ghetto fix is to plug the fan into a digital timer and program it to go off for 1m every hour, seems to have virtually fixed the problem, will replace the lot when I can afford it next year,