Fan dead? Phresh hyperfan stealth

seb88

This has me a bit paranoid now. What’s the longest anyone’s had a hyper fan running for before it needed changed?

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I've just had the same thing happen to me! 6month old 8" hyper stealth and its fucked, it turns off randomly. Luckily I'm not in flower and the smells not overly bad. I just hope my local grow shop sorts it out for me as I paid cash with no receipt -_- will never be buying phresh again, absolute joke judging by everyone's experience on here.

Mad thing is it was only the other month I was boasting to my pal about how digital fans are the future and rvk's are dinosaurs now lol looks like I'll be dusting off my rvk today 

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Seven420 said:

I've just had the same thing happen to me! 6month old 8" hyper stealth and its fucked, it turns off randomly. Luckily I'm not in flower and the smells not overly bad. I just hope my local grow shop sorts it out for me as I paid cash with no receipt -_- will never be buying phresh again, absolute joke judging by everyone's experience on here.

Mad thing is it was only the other month I was boasting to my pal about how digital fans are the future and rvk's are dinosaurs now lol looks like I'll be dusting off my rvk today 

v1 or v2 mate?

5 hours ago, Miles `n Smiles said:

v1 or v2 mate?

V1 mate, just went back to the shop today, to be honest the blokes a sound guy told me to take it back and he will sort it out. He offered me a isomax fan instead but they dont flow as much as the hyper fan. 

Has anyone got a v2? I'm hoping the v2 fixes the problem 

1 hour ago, Seven420 said:

V1 mate, just went back to the shop today, to be honest the blokes a sound guy told me to take it back and he will sort it out. He offered me a isomax fan instead but they dont flow as much as the hyper fan. 

Has anyone got a v2? I'm hoping the v2 fixes the problem 

Running the V2 now,only been running for 2 weeks so early days mate.My V1 died at week 5 flower,after a couple months of use,luckily had a spare Td silent,so limped through,hopefully phresh have sorted the issue,fuckin stank my street out when the V1 failed.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Miles `n Smiles said:

Running the V2 now,only been running for 2 weeks so early days mate.My V1 died at week 5 flower,after a couple months of use,luckily had a spare Td silent,so limped through,hopefully phresh have sorted the issue,fuckin stank my street out when the V1 failed.

That's what I'm hoping to avoid lol I really want a digital fan just for the savings but there all 500 quid plus except for phresh. I'm hoping if they swap this faulty v1 for a v2 then I'll give it a go but if the v2 fails aswell I've lost all faith in the company's product. -_-

@Seven420 sorry to hear yours died too mate. 

Don't expect them to replace it quickly,I sent mine back on the 23rd of march and still haven't heard back from them. 

Emailed the grow shop on the 5th this month and they haven't replied :( 

From what I can see the problem is just with the V1 stealth version. Anyone had issues with the V1 standard fan?

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

On 6/17/2020 at 11:35 PM, BonnieAuto said:

@Seven420 sorry to hear yours died too mate. 

Don't expect them to replace it quickly,I sent mine back on the 23rd of march and still haven't heard back from them. 

Emailed the grow shop on the 5th this month and they haven't replied :( 

Any updates on yours bud? My grow shop said they're out of stock untill mid August -_-

Just using my rvk till then, but I need a new fan for my loft grow, anyone recommend a decent 8" EC fan? Doesn't have to be silenced 

• Like 1

Was about to buy a hyperfan stealth2 for my grow. Hmm maybe I should look at a different one? I liked it because it has a built in controller. 

Last time I tryed to wire a controller to a fan I electrocuted myself and somehow didn't die. 

So yeh that was a big attraction to this fan . 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Seven420 said:

Any updates on yours bud? My grow shop said they're out of stock untill mid August -_-

Just using my rvk till then, but I need a new fan for my loft grow, anyone recommend a decent 8" EC fan? Doesn't have to be silenced 

I emailed my grow shop again on the 25th of June saying this, 

"My 8 Stealth hyper fan was taken for warranty testing on the 24th of march and I sent a email to ask when can I expect my replacement on the 5th of June and I have heard nothing back"

got a reply on the 10th of July saying this

"Your item was sent back to the supplier, i have asked our stock coordinator manager to chase the supplier to see if they have completed the warranty process" 

currently heard nothing back yet. piss take really. 

as for a replacement I don't know tbf, I'm using Rhino's twin speed rvk In my loft, 400m3/h in the winter and flick the switch to 800m3/h for summer.

Edited by BonnieAuto

I've been looking at one of these and they're crazily expensive! The specs say that they're 150db - that can't be right, surely?

On the flipside, the much cheaper Fantronix has a db of 33db. 

Am I misreading this?

18 hours ago, JPE1234 said:

The specs say that they're 150db

A quick google says that's the same as a jet engine.