Fan dead? Phresh hyperfan stealth

seb88

I have the same Issue! 

After reading @Tommytopper's thread about his faulty phresh fan as well it seems its not an uncommon fault.

only just over 6 months old. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BonnieAuto said:

I have the same Issue! 

Is this the V2?  Got one I'm about to set up and getting concerned now after reading this thread...:blub:

• Like 1

@JJJ no this issue is with the v1 mate. 

really shady practice releasing faulty products, I mean if by chance me and @seb88 weren't checking the grow at the time we did both of our attic's would be on fire and us in jail. 

love to hear what the outcome of phresh's "investigation" was seb!  

• Like 4

Hi @BonnieAuto

Sorry to hear about the fan!

The 'investigation' involved running the fan for a week at various speeds to see if it failed. It didn't.

I did tell them previously it only failed every 3-4 months.

They agreed to give me a replacement v2 if I would pay £20.

I asked if they would just replace it for free since it's a manufacturer fault but they said if they did that than this would set a precedent and every grow shop would tell their mates and they'd all 'find' a fault with their fans just to get a v2.

Not impressed really!

Was going to just get my money back and buy a revolution EC but it looks like they also need a separate controller and I didn't fancy spending £700odd.

So said I would pay the £20 and get a v2.

Grow shop then said Phresh have no stock at all now due to coronavirus and they couldn't get a v2.

I needed a fan for this weekend and they only had an 8" hyperfan stealth in so they've given me that and a reducer for my 6" ducting FOC.

So I'm back to having to v1 fans :unsure:

Will update if I have any other issues!

• Like 3

Thanks for the reply @seb88  

The way they treated you there is extremely poor. we have 5 people all complaining of the same issue. They concluded it was not a manufacturer's fault because they couldn't be arsed to test it more than 1 week :wanker: 

My fan now has completely stopped working, rather than turning off by its self which it did for a couple days. so they can't use that argument with me. 

Also I would be careful directly linking them to this thread, given what we are using them for they could be difficult and say we refuse to engage in aiding illegal activity. 

I have no replacement fan so i'm fucked, I did get mine from a big online hydro shop which has 8" stealth v2 fans still in stock so i might get mine before you but i will be without a fan until then. 

I was also thinking about getting a refund but i was going to go back to ac fans and use the other £250 for other parts of the grow, maybe another tent for veg.... who knows:rofl: .I have not decided yet though.

I hope the delay is not too long for you mate, Until the v2 arrives keep an eye on that v1.

Edited by BonnieAuto
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

@seb88 @modeflipRead this thread just after ordering a 150mm stealth,just finished work today,opened front door,house fucking stank..fan was off,pulled plug and switched on again,fan started up..is this just a fault with the controller or the fan itself?.I`m 6 weeks into flower and could limp along without the controller(just increase my passive intake size),just dont want to take the risk of the fan failing lights on.

Edited by Miles `n Smiles
tagged member
  • Like 3

yours being the v1 I assume @Miles `n Smiles ?

this is a big worry eh...they must know about the issue and Imo with just the number of uk420 members that have had issues they should be doing a recall of some sort.

these aren't a household item being used in a 'not for purpose' way....these are a specifically designed fan for extracting in a growroom so the company should be well aware of the consequences of a fan failure.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, stu sleeper 20vt said:

yours being the v1 I assume @Miles `n Smiles ?

this is a big worry eh...they must know about the issue and Imo with just the number of uk420 members that have had issues they should be doing a recall of some sort.

these aren't a household item being used in a 'not for purpose' way....these are a specifically designed fan for extracting in a growroom so the company should be well aware of the consequences of a fan failure.

yes mate V1, been used'about 4 month,shocking that they`ve not acted on this,gonna leave it on the controller,see how it goes,wish me luck

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Miles `n Smiles said:

@seb88 @modeflipRead this thread just after ordering a 150mm stealth,just finished work today,opened front door,house fucking stank..fan was off,pulled plug and switched on again,fan started up

Hey mate welcome to the club. 

I would advice you order a rvk now from ebay, sellers on there are still shipping next day ( all hydros stores are back logged and have 10 day delivery times because everyone's using this opportunity of no landlords coming round to start growing where they usually wouldn't) my fan fell flat every 24 hrs, then turned dead for 4 days before starting to intermittently work again.

It was sent back for warranty testing in that state. 

The controller makes no difference connected or not. that's what I found anyway.

a very expensive paperweight eh.... 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, BonnieAuto said:

Hey mate welcome to the club. 

I would advice you order a rvk now from ebay, sellers on there are still shipping next day ( all hydros stores are back logged and have 10 day delivery times because everyone's using this opportunity of no landlords coming round to start growing where they usually wouldn't) my fan fell flat every 24 hrs, then turned dead for 4 days before starting to intermittently work again.

It was sent back for warranty testing in that state. 

The controller makes no difference connected or not. that's what I found anyway.

a very expensive paperweight eh.... 

its shit yeah,but got no worries about a fan,got a 150mm td somewhere in the house just got no fucking tape(nts always have fucking tape)gonna see if i can pilfer owt from work tommorow

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

So my v1 hyperfan just woke me up at 3.30am by dying. Not a fun thing to wake up to. I fiddled with the controller and eventually it started again thank fuck.

I've ordered a new little controller thing (its just a potentiometer as @diyleduksaid, you don't happen to know the resistance or part no do you pal? ive a whole box of electronics downstairs And could prob replaced it myself just after opening it up at 3.30 the idea of breaking out the solder wasnt ideal haha glad it started again). I had to order mine direct from the manufacturer as no shops are selling them (I tried to from one stop online shop but they had no stock, still took my money tho ffs).

Now is replacing this controller gonna solve my problems? Or do I just order an isomax fan today and replace the whole thing next week? 

Don't wanna spend loads of money but this is kinda essential as I'm sure you're all aware. 

Hope you're all having a better friday than me haha 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Mackie said:

Now is replacing this controller gonna solve my problems?

Seems a lot of folk are having issues with these.  I'd ask them if they're willing to upgrade to the V2 mate.  I'm really happy with mine so far.  OSGS also sell the G.A.S EC1 controller (about £70) and works really well with it.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, JJJ said:

Seems a lot of folk are having issues with these.  I'd ask them if they're willing to upgrade to the V2 mate.  I'm really happy with mine so far.  OSGS also sell the G.A.S EC1 controller (about £70) and works really well with it.

Ok yea I'm gonna rip it out and replace with an ac fan ive scaveneged and then ill see about getting a replacement for a v2. This is not the stress i needed today fuck sake haha

• Like 1

@Mackie Hi sorry to hear your having issues as well

My advice is put that old ac fan in now, Getting a another controller doesn't make a difference mate. the fan itself is fucked. 

it will probably turn on and off for a little while longer till it eventually crap's out. 

I sent my fan back to Phresh for "warranty testing" on march 24th and I still haven't received an email back yet.......   

Edited by BonnieAuto
  • Like 1