Fan dead? Phresh hyperfan stealth

seb88

Welcome to the club @Mackie :cheers:

Chances are the new controller won't make any difference going off our experiences.

Send it back, get a refund and buy a better fan is my advice

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mackie said:

you don't happen to know the resistance or part no do you pal?

I will check the resistance on Monday for you. PM me to remind me. 

Pots are 20-40p each. I could knock up a few.

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, seb88 said:

Welcome to the club @Mackie :cheers:

Chances are the new controller won't make any difference going off our experiences.

Send it back, get a refund and buy a better fan is my advice

Shops not open and the manufacturer said they won't take it back! 

E2a @BonnieAuto who did you send yours too? Or who did you speak too? Would settle for a v2 and controller if they have solved the issues. 

The can fan is going back in tonight fuckimg £270 fan did not expect this shit fack fack fack 

Edited by Mackie

@Mackie your contract is with the grow shop so you should really send it back to them but given the circumstances that's a bit shitty of Phresh.

Have you tried contacting G.A.S? 

Try and get something in writing so atleast it's logged for when your shop is back open (incase you are anywhere near the end of warranty)

• Like 1

I paid £350 for my 8" stealth :wallbash: 

I got a rhino ac fan that has a switch that lets me run 390 m3/h or 790 m3/h for £80.  no controller's that cost an arm and a leg, no hum either. 

I got mine from one stop shop, I agreed with customer service during the day that they would pick it up the night we were put in "lockdown", so I assume its left sitting at their warehouse 

if what your saying is true with the manufacturer not taking it back.  

why won't phresh take it back ? is it because of lock-down restriction's or do you have to go through the retailer who sold you it ? 

I take it you got it from a local hydro store.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BonnieAuto said:

I paid £350 for my 8" stealth :wallbash: 

I got a rhino ac fan that has a switch that lets me run 390 m3/h or 790 m3/h for £80.  no controller's that cost an arm and a leg, no hum either. 

I got mine from one stop shop, I agreed with customer service during the day that they would pick it up the night we were put in "lockdown", so I assume its left sitting at their warehouse 

if what your saying is true with the manufacturer not taking it back.  

why won't phresh take it back ? is it because of lock-down restriction's or do you have to go through the retailer who sold you it ? 

I take it you got it from a local hydro store.  

Right it literally just died again. Fucking hell. Started up again so hopefully it runs till this eve. Im replacing it tonight with an ac fan and a gas controller im borrowing from a mate. This is long. 

And the receptionist in hull at phresh said she spoke to the rep for phresh and he said has to go through the shop I bought it from. I do have his number though so I could hassle him if needs be. I got it at a local hydro shop but paid cash and cant find the bastard receipt anywhere. If they were open they know me I could prob sort it but untill then it's not looking likely. I'll try he new controller when it arrives monday and might use it as my smoke scrubber if nothing else. When I have a little sesh with the lad a i stick and old fan and filter to scrub the room. Stops the place stinking. 

This is loooooooong fucking Phresh! 

• Like 2

All replaced and dandy. Phew. I also just remembered that when I installed the hyperfan the fucking air direction sticker was on backwards! I didn't even check till id installed it! Shoulda read the signs! 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Mackie said:

All replaced and dandy. Phew. I also just remembered that when I installed the hyperfan the fucking air direction sticker was on backwards! I didn't even check till id installed it! Shoulda read the signs! 

My 2nd fan was the same. Nice bit of quality control eh!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 24/04/2020 at 2:53 PM, cypher79 said:

This thread is making me well paranoid about my Phresh Hyper Stealth v1....:ninja:

A month after I posted this and now my 1 year old Phresh Hyper Stealth is playing up ffs.... :wallbash:

The speed controller only turns the fan on and off now, it doesn't actually control the speed anymore.....and what's worse is the fans on position seems to be stuck in a default speed which is too powerful, and causing too much negative pressure on the tent, and too loud at the exit point!

I've got an old RVK buried in the garage that I'm praying is still working, if it isn't then I'm gonna have no choice but to splash out on another fan....but either way I'm still gonna have to dismantle everything mid grow to sort this out which is gonna be a total pita :(

I know they have a V2 fan out now, but I certainly won't be buying it, as I don't have any faith in this company anymore...fuck Phresh!!! :thumbdown:

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, cypher79 said:

A month after I posted this and now my 1 year old Phresh Hyper Stealth is playing up ffs.... :wallbash:

The speed controller only turns the fan on and off now, it doesn't actually control the speed anymore.....and what's worse is the fans on position seems to be stuck in a default speed which is too powerful, and causing too much negative pressure on the tent, and too loud at the exit point!

I've got an old RVK buried in the garage that I'm praying is still working, if it isn't then I'm gonna have no choice but to splash out on another fan....but either way I'm still gonna have to dismantle everything mid grow to sort this out which is gonna be a total pita :(

I know they have a V2 fan out now, but I certainly won't be buying it, as I don't have any faith in this company anymore...fuck Phresh!!! :thumbdown:

It sounds like this fault may actually be the controller instead of the fan.

Speak to @diyleduk he may be able to source you a potentiometer to replace it

If you are buying a new controller from Phresh just make sure it's the same version as your fan

• Like 1

Mines fucked turning off with no real pattern. The gas thermostat thing now also completely dead. 

Can't wait try and sort this today during a lock down, for extra peace of mind I own 2 V1. 

Tent got to a lovely 50c for god knows how long and some quick autos 3 weeks in are now totally wrecked. 

Have had it a bit and it's got a dent in it, so assume I'll get told to fuck off? 

Thankfully there's a spare rhino in the loft and 3 weeks plants and some seeds is the only cost as stated above the potential problems from this are many and much worse!! 

Edited by Siffo
  • Like 1

46 minutes ago, seb88 said:

If you are buying a new controller from Phresh just make sure it's the same version as your fan

I've tried 2 controllers and the gas thing. Unless it's a coincidence it's outright broke the gas meter

10 hours ago, seb88 said:

Managed to get this sorted, very luckily the grow shop I bought it from had a spare v1 controller knocking around which worked fine....still a bit worried about it going wrong again though, and still don't think much to Phresh either.

• Like 1