Week 5 no sign of flowering?

Professor Plum

Couple of update pics at week 9 from seed pop!

Thinking another 3 weeks'ish for the auto's and I can finally start doing something with the photo! Repoting her this week is the plan. Just trying to work out what to do to support the branches when I super crop. Thinking a couple of battens on the wall left and right and run some string to lay them on. Anyway thats a few weeks off. As of now Im just having to bend the branches down and hook them under some leaves to keep them off the bulb.

:unsure:

Still growing new leaves, looking quite healthy. Gonna be a monster.

large.latest2.jpglarge.latest1.jpg

• Like 4

11 hours ago, Professor Plum said:

Repoting her this week is the plan.

She's definitely going to love a potting up mate ;)

Give those roots room to spread out and plenty of recovery time before she goes into bloom :yep:

Definitely a big girl ;)

Has she put "pre flowers" out mate?

All the best  :bong:

Mark..

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Dinafem-Mark said:

Give those roots room to spread out and plenty of recovery time before she goes into bloom :yep:

Definitely a big girl ;)

Ditto to all 3 Man! She is gonna be HUGE!!! Better order more Jars and Bovedas!

When you repot, you might wanna throw in some stakes round the edges to support the impending supercropping. Get them in sooner so as not to disturb the roots... they gonna have to be XL length stakes though!

There's lots of ways to support supercropped stems, I often use a variety.

I mainly go for stakes, they mean that I can move the pot around if needed. The other ways involve holding them with little strings suspended from the roof, one sometimes holding from below too.

You can even tie string between 2 stakes and do a mini version of what you were planning. The mesh was perfect though, I could tie everything down, but it was a pain setting that up.

You could try some soft nettiing or a scrog net?

I'm looking forward to seeing this really fill out mate, it's gonna be great!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, teehee said:

Better order more Jars and Bovedas!

3rd world problems lol

Your definitely going to fill a jar or 3 with this harvest mate :yep:

2 minutes ago, teehee said:

Personally I would not do a scrogg net mate :)

The canes/stakes will do the trick a treat  :headbang:

This has the potential to be one crazy plant, let's see what the next few weeks has in store  ;)

Mark..

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Dinafem-Mark said:

Definitely a big girl ;)

Has she put "pre flowers" out mate?

Mark..

Picked up a pot off my mate tonight, maybe a 10 or 11ltr at a guess, gonna repot her before next feed so next couple of days. :yep: Zero sign of any flowers yet bud, best I can tell she's still just chucking new leaves. Think Im gonna run out of grow nutes tho, gona be tight got about 100ml left lol but I'll sort that if need be.

Anyway I can slow her down a bit? Guessing at this stage I'll just have to let her do her thing!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, teehee said:

Ditto to all 3 Man! She is gonna be HUGE!!! Better order more Jars and Bovedas!

When you repot, you might wanna throw in some stakes round the edges to support the impending supercropping. Get them in sooner so as not to disturb the roots... they gonna have to be XL length stakes though!

There's lots of ways to support supercropped stems, I often use a variety.

I mainly go for stakes, they mean that I can move the pot around if needed. The other ways involve holding them with little strings suspended from the roof, one sometimes holding from below too.

You can even tie string between 2 stakes and do a mini version of what you were planning. The mesh was perfect though, I could tie everything down, but it was a pain setting that up.

I'm looking forward to seeing this really fill out mate, it's gonna be great!

Nice one brother, I will look out for some stakes, slowly getting a picture in my head, be easier to visualise when I get the other girls out. I will be back for some pointers no doubt nearer the time. :yep:

If I understand correctly the plan is to bend them quite far down the stem (in the range of 10 to 12 inches) and kind get them flat and then use the stakes to support the weight. As it is I have been just doing some LST to maintain canopy hight. The plant is still very malleable, making me wonder if actually popping the stems is necessary and I could do some agressive LST instead? Just a thought.

• Like 2

Popping is good, it creates knuckles at the bends which become powerhouses for nutrient distribution.

Heavy bending may just snap the stem.... you can really control the bend if you pop and lightly massage up and down.... it's almost like the stem is under a hypnotic trance... you just let it 's weight bring it down and to tie it in place. Give them a good watering a couple of hours before the operation, and make sure there's plenty of light on the clock so they can use the light to recover afterwards.

As for height.... I'd aim somewhere here....

large.5dc0d197d1b99_Inkedprof3.jpg

(loving that main stem!)

Maybe even a bit lower if you fancy trying a net! I'd put some wide netting over her and feed everything through to that level, then you have something to use for future LST etc..... once the net's where you want it, supercrop away!

Or for less effort, higher if you have the space for lighting.

You'll think 'what the fuck have I done?' mid way through, but when you see all those tops turning up over the next day or two, you'll breathe again! You'll see it in hours really.

Work out in advance which way you want it to fall, so you don't block out too many underlying tops... a few days of teasing stems and tops in the right direction, and you'll fill out that canopy. The first one requires some thought, but then it's pretty easy to work out what will go where.

Once she's recovered, then you can remove pretty much everything under the canopy and let her concentrate on building buds on top! I did it in stages, but you'll see leaves going yellow underneath purely cos they wont be getting any light as the canopy will be so dense.... cut them off in advance so the plant doesn't waste energy trying to keep them alive.

That's why Mark was saying to do all the supercropping before flipping to 12/12. A few days to recover and get those communications re-established, flip, then watch for more stretch.... you may have to then do some LST or more supercropping a week or 2 after flip once the stretch is done to prepare for that hedge of bud you're gonna get!

Edited by teehee
  • Like 2

On 04/11/2019 at 1:46 AM, Professor Plum said:

Couple of update pics at week 9 from seed pop!

Thinking another 3 weeks'ish for the auto's and I can finally start doing something with the photo! Repoting her this week is the plan. Just trying to work out what to do to support the branches when I super crop. Thinking a couple of battens on the wall left and right and run some string to lay them on. Anyway thats a few weeks off. As of now Im just having to bend the branches down and hook them under some leaves to keep them off the bulb.

:unsure:

Still growing new leaves, looking quite healthy. Gonna be a monster.

large.latest2.jpglarge.latest1.jpg

Looking good man. When you see them side by side you can see the difference! Hoping she loves her new pot :)

On 05/11/2019 at 1:12 AM, teehee said:

Popping is good, it creates knuckles at the bends which become powerhouses for nutrient distribution.

Heavy bending may just snap the stem.... you can really control the bend if you pop and lightly massage up and down.... it's almost like the stem is under a hypnotic trance... you just let it 's weight bring it down and to tie it in place. Give them a good watering a couple of hours before the operation, and make sure there's plenty of light on the clock so they can use the light to recover afterwards.

As for height.... I'd aim somewhere here....

large.5dc0d197d1b99_Inkedprof3.jpg

(loving that main stem!)

Maybe even a bit lower if you fancy trying a net! I'd put some wide netting over her and feed everything through to that level, then you have something to use for future LST etc..... once the net's where you want it, supercrop away!

Or for less effort, higher if you have the space for lighting.

You'll think 'what the fuck have I done?' mid way through, but when you see all those tops turning up over the next day or two, you'll breathe again! You'll see it in hours really.

Work out in advance which way you want it to fall, so you don't block out too many underlying tops... a few days of teasing stems and tops in the right direction, and you'll fill out that canopy. The first one requires some thought, but then it's pretty easy to work out what will go where.

Once she's recovered, then you can remove pretty much everything under the canopy and let her concentrate on building buds on top! I did it in stages, but you'll see leaves going yellow underneath purely cos they wont be getting any light as the canopy will be so dense.... cut them off in advance so the plant doesn't waste energy trying to keep them alive.

That's why Mark was saying to do all the supercropping before flipping to 12/12. A few days to recover and get those communications re-established, flip, then watch for more stretch.... you may have to then do some LST or more supercropping a week or 2 after flip once the stretch is done to prepare for that hedge of bud you're gonna get!

Legend Teehee, that is really helpful, thanks brother. :yep:

• Like 2

Some bonus pics, getting close for the auto's...

large.repot.jpg

large.repot1.jpg

Root shot.. Think she will defo appreciate a bit more breathing space.

large.repot2.jpg

Potted up and cleared out a fair bit of new growth down below, chopped off the other sucker branch from the main stem.

large.repot3.jpg

Maxed out on hight right now, having to fold the stems over just to fit her in, 5 inches from the bulb!! Dont panic tho, Im only running at 250w on boost at 275w and all is well. Just have to make regular checks to make sure she hasn't spung back.lol

Question regarding the leaves on the autos, the dry and crispy leaves are they ok to be taken off now? They are 60% or more dead.

Side bar.. I have also seen ppl clear leaves out completly healthy or not in the final weeks. My thinking maybe skewed but I assumed thats how the plant gets the light energy and final sugers etc in the last few days, so seemed a bit counter intuitive. Am I missing something?

TIA

• Like 3

I only take the yellowing leaves off.... usually from the lower parts of the plant.... not getting enough light or just done their job..... they usually just drop off on their own, but anything that requires more than a light tug should stay on, they will be releasing their stored sugars for those buds, once they go brown and crispy you can cut those off.

I've had some plants where every leaf went yellow in the last few days..... pulling them out was a pain, but is good, cos you might get bud rot if they stay and go mouldy.

Good work on the repotting.... that in itself has probably raised the height, so looks like you'll be supercropping below the red line!

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, teehee said:

I only take the yellowing leaves off.... usually from the lower parts of the plant.... not getting enough light or just done their job..... they usually just drop off on their own, but anything that requires more than a light tug should stay on, they will be releasing their stored sugars for those buds, once they go brown and crispy you can cut those off.

I've had some plants where every leaf went yellow in the last few days..... pulling them out was a pain, but is good, cos you might get bud rot if they stay and go mouldy.

Good work on the repotting.... that in itself has probably raised the height, so looks like you'll be supercropping below the red line!

Thanks for clarification bud, you just described it as I have been doing previously, so that's perfect. :yep:

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 08/11/2019 at 1:21 AM, Professor Plum said:

Some bonus pics, getting close for the auto's...

large.repot.jpg

large.repot1.jpg

Root shot.. Think she will defo appreciate a bit more breathing space.

large.repot2.jpg

Potted up and cleared out a fair bit of new growth down below, chopped off the other sucker branch from the main stem.

large.repot3.jpg

Maxed out on hight right now, having to fold the stems over just to fit her in, 5 inches from the bulb!! Dont panic tho, Im only running at 250w on boost at 275w and all is well. Just have to make regular checks to make sure she hasn't spung back.lol

Question regarding the leaves on the autos, the dry and crispy leaves are they ok to be taken off now? They are 60% or more dead.

Side bar.. I have also seen ppl clear leaves out completly healthy or not in the final weeks. My thinking maybe skewed but I assumed thats how the plant gets the light energy and final sugers etc in the last few days, so seemed a bit counter intuitive. Am I missing something?

TIA

Autos are looking pretty close mate and the big girl is definitely going to appreciate that extra medium to spread those roots  ;)

Well played  :yep:

How long do you think the autos have left mate?

And

Are you starting 12/12 as soon as the autos are down?

Mark..

• Like 2

On 18/11/2019 at 2:44 PM, Dinafem-Mark said:

Autos are looking pretty close mate and the big girl is definitely going to appreciate that extra medium to spread those roots  ;)

Well played  :yep:

How long do you think the autos have left mate?

And

Are you starting 12/12 as soon as the autos are down?

Mark..

@teehee

Hi Chaps, the chop is comming in around 7 to 10 days. Last feed tom then flush is the plan, then chop. :yep:

I'm thinking of switching to 12/12 in the next few days and just running the last week for the autos on that just to get a bit of a head start. Any objections? Dont think it will effect them too much.

Photo still growing hard, running out of room again!

Not too sure how Im going to tackle the tie down yet, as room is going to be an issue and getting the canopy nice and level is going to fun! Reckon I may only to bend approx 10inches front to back and left to right. That will likley fill the the square footage.

I have been looking for tie down patterns without much luck, thinking I may gather stems to the middle like a bunch of flowers and bend outward to the walls, put some struts between the 4 corner stakes and tie to that, or fold them one left one right one left etc running front to back, or just freestyle it. :unsure:

Pics below. :yep:

large.5.jpglarge.4.jpglarge.3.jpglarge.2.jpglarge.1.jpg

• Like 2