Week 5 no sign of flowering?

Professor Plum

22 minutes ago, Herbal Kint said:

Sanity check post made me lol

If you into dinafem autos i can recomend critical + auto(not xxl), had some really decent buds out of it. And its like 10weeks top if i remember well

Haa, thanks brother. Actually the other two girls are Dinafem and tbh I think they are looking good for 10 weeks 11 max.:yep: Shame you cant see them in the last pic behind the triffid.

I will no doubt up some pics of those soon, that part of the grow has gone very well.lol

e2a Can I borrow your plant pot?lol Nice haul there pal.

Edited by Professor Plum
  • Like 1

drop lighting period by 30 minutes see if that triggers it. Personally id put it in a bigger pot now, before it buds.

Them necrotic dead spots on the leaf arnt a good sign. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Professor Plum said:

Regarding the super crop, I recon I need the other girls out of the way, the canopy isnt too bad but she is still growing, I'm only a few clicks away from max light hights as it is but will look into this over the next week, need to do some reading first then see if I can flatten her out a bit.:yep: Super cropping is the pinch and bend technique right?

Good work clearing out the under-growth Prof. I'd wait until you do any bending/supercropping before doing any more clearing out down under.... I got rid of anything that wouldn't get direct light.

With supercropping, feed them first, wait a bit for the fluid to fill the internal plumbing, then yeah, pinch, squeeze, pop away, and do a good inch or so, then it will bend over itself. Have stakes ready so you can tie them in place. I've even used pliers for some of the stiffer stems Ive done in the past, but get used to doing it  by hand first. I's not as daunting as you might think.

I once went a bit too hard on a Dinafem Gorilla, and snapped the stem FFS........

large.5c8ddb0b6ab28_day77Gorilla4.JPG

.... but even then she dealt with it. Here's the same branch just before harvest, with the supercrop on the left.....

large.5cd938943bf93_Gorilla04.JPG

....and a closer view of the damage repair.....

large.5cd93899d25fb_Gorilla05.JPG

I didn't use any masking tape or anything.... I just supported the branch and let nature do her shit....

large.5cd9388179bb9_Gorilla06.JPG

These are better examples on the same plant though. I was less stressed about these ones!...

large.5c8ddae94cbd6_day77DesFrans2.JPG

Glad you enjoyed my 'summary'.... took 3-4 days to cut and paste it all together from the real journal!

• Like 2

14 hours ago, teehee said:

Glad you enjoyed my 'summary'.... took 3-4 days to cut and paste it all together from the real journal!

I can tell, much appriciated Teehee. :yep: Getting close to crunch time here and those pics will be useful. Gonna up some pics in a bit, see if we can gustimate a finish time for the Auto's. Considering flipping soon and just running the auto's out on a 12/12.

• Like 2

large.5db8e3b231bb3_ResizeofRotationofIMG_20191030_003456.jpglarge.5db8e3b0b39f9_ResizeofRotationofIMG_20191030_002111.jpglarge.5db8e3af4ae3f_ResizeofRotationofIMG_20191030_002104.jpglarge.5db8e3adc60b0_ResizeofRotationofIMG_20191030_002048.jpg

large.5db8e3abc31b9_ResizeofRotationofIMG_20191030_002039.jpg

What do we recon chaps? Sitting at 8weeks 3 days from seed pop. One more feed and start 2 week flush or go abit longer? Flip to 12/12 this weekend or next and see what happens? :headpain:

• Like 2

On 10/10/2019 at 6:16 AM, teehee said:

Yes. Again with my Blue Amnesia XXL Auto, Dinafem Mark says they never made a Photo version of this, so it has to be a genetic throwbaclk. WHen I told him about mine, he said he'd never heard of such a phenomenon, but it must happen..... it's happened to you and me. I've grown Blue Amnesia Auto before, and this Photo version smells exactly the same.... I'm hoping it might be even more potent than the Auto.... it fucking stinks!

I think I'm in the same boat here. 60 days in on an RQS NL Auto and no sign of flowering but the past few weeks, lots of stretching.

I'm on my first grow so it would be sods law if she's a photo. I've got another auto in with her and she's maybe 2 weeks max from flush then harvest but the NL I overwatered and it took her 2 weeks to recover from around day 20 onwards. I put it down to the fact I stressed her and she was way behind in development. About 25 days ago I had to insulate the tent as its in the loft and couldn't keep the temps up even with a heater in there.

Temps are now around 24-26 but the humidity went through the floor and in the low 30s. Fixed it slightly by adding a humidifier but still not getting higher than 45. When it was really low, the NL just withered even with plenty of watering so in my head I put it down to a slow starter then humidity issues.

I was hoping to finish both by mid November and the other auto should be on track but might need to get creative with the NL. I'm glad I read this thread as its defo given me some ideas.

One thought was to go to bloom nutes if I don't see anything in the next week or two? She's currently on OT grow and every other feed I'm adding fish mix to try and keep the soil good. She's had cal mag on occasion but apart from some yellowing on the lower leaves, she's pretty happy looking. She's had a growth spurt off about 15cm in the past 2 weeks so was hoping she was starting to feel flowery!

Other option is to flip to 12/12 and see how that goes. However, I have to do some travelling in about 6 weeks for a few weeks so a flip and an extra 8-10 weeks for bloom might not be possible for me.

Fingers crossed she shows some signs soon, I don't want to call it quits on her.

9 hours ago, Professor Plum said:

What do we recon chaps? Sitting at 8weeks 3 days from seed pop. One more feed and start 2 week flush or go abit longer? Flip to 12/12 this weekend or next and see what happens? :headpain:

I think they need a bit longer under max lighting, I know pistils aren't the key factor but there's lots of white.... how are the trichomes?

I'm sure you have your reasons for a 2 week flush.... contentious topic!!!! 

Glad you're busting to flip her.... gonna be nice to see how she turns out! Good luck Bro!

1 hour ago, Hammo44 said:

One thought was to go to bloom nutes if I don't see anything in the next week or two? She's currently on OT grow and every other feed I'm adding fish mix to try and keep the soil good. She's had cal mag on occasion but apart from some yellowing on the lower leaves, she's pretty happy looking. She's had a growth spurt off about 15cm in the past 2 weeks so was hoping she was starting to feel flowery!

Other option is to flip to 12/12 and see how that goes. However, I have to do some travelling in about 6 weeks for a few weeks so a flip and an extra 8-10 weeks for bloom might not be possible for me.

Fingers crossed she shows some signs soon, I don't want to call it quits on her.

Tough decisions mate. I dunno if switching to bloom nutes will help, they take what they need from the nutes you give, and adding more P and K in the hope of stimulating bloom may not work... I tried, but nothing.... just wasting time.

Switch to 12/12 ASAP, and maybe you'll get a short flowering stage... don't add any late bloom boosters, keep it simple, and she'll not fuck around!

Once I flipped mine, it only was 58 days till I cropped, I was expecting 70 plus days, but mine was ready, despite the urgency and prematurity of my chop date.... and well, you know the rest. I'm smoking some now, and its up there, Man... strength taste... my Wife wont touch it, too heavy for her.... so I'm well happy!

Only downside is having to find another spot away from your other plants. With a deadline, every day counts, so you better make your mind up!

Edited by teehee
  • Like 2

52 minutes ago, teehee said:

I think they need a bit longer under max lighting, I know pistils aren't the key factor but there's lots of white.... how are the trichomes?

Glad you're busting to flip her.... gonna be nice to see how she turns out! Good luck Bro!

Tough decisions mate. I dunno if switching to bloom nutes will help, they take what they need from the nutes you give, and adding more P and K in the hope of stimulating bloom may not work... I tried, but nothing.... just wasting time.

Switch to 12/12 ASAP, and maybe you'll get a short flowering stage... don't add any late bloom boosters, keep it simple, and she'll not fuck around!

Once I flipped mine, it only was 58 days till I cropped, I was expecting 70 plus days, but mine was ready, despite the urgency and prematurity of my chop date.... and well, you know the rest. I'm smoking some now, and its up there, Man... strength taste... my Wife wont touch it, too heavy for her.... so I'm well happy!

Only downside is having to find another spot away from your other plants. With a deadline, every day counts, so you better make your mind up!

Cheers for the advice on not switching to bloom nutes. I think 12/12 is the only option here.

I've got an extra tent, fan and filter but don't have another light and not really an option to buy another one just now + I'm planning to use the spare tent for drying the other auto.

Will have to wait till the other auto is harvested and then do a flip in the existing tent. I guess it's an unknown how long she'll take once flipped but I guess it's good experience to try a photo so there are positives to be had.

Dunno what I'll do when I'm away travelling. Will have to give my gf a crash course in growing! Defo don't want to throw away 9 weeks work because she ended up being a photo + some of the comments point to a bigger yield so it'll be worth it for more bud. I'm in the loft so I'll have to take some pain with temps for a bit longer over the coldest months of the year. May see if the missus lets me bring her down into the spare room and hope we've no guests for the next few months!

I'm sure she'll be on side when she realises the reward, and the smoke will be sweeter for her, knowing she finished off the job. 

Once you've got the height under control, the last weeks are easy, no change to the nutes, just keep the fliuds going in, and boom!

Just be sure she doesn't clear you out, sell you out and move home before you return!

• Like 2

Haha she doesn't actually smoke. Doesnt mind me doing it and was surprised she was ok with me growing! Shes kinda bored of me talking about PH and RH levels now though.

Ha her first comment when I said I was planning to grow was 'can we sell it and retire early' I explained the 3 rules to her double quick and she had to stick to 'no tell' and not tell her stoner brother.

She may well do a runner if it yields a lot ;) I'll need to hide her passport from her.

Yeah been practicing my LST on them but I could maybe get a bit creative if she's a photo. I was looking at a net to maybe scrog, get a bit of practice in.

Defo need to lightproof the tent better though. It's in a dark attic but I have passive vents open and my homemade baffle box I dont think will cut it. Guess I could use the duct sock and not the vent and create some bends. Didn't care about light leaks as much with the autos.

16 hours ago, Hammo44 said:

I think I'm in the same boat here. 60 days in on an RQS NL Auto and no sign of flowering but the past few weeks, lots of stretching.

I'm on my first grow so it would be sods law if she's a photo. I've got another auto in with her and she's maybe 2 weeks max from flush then harvest but the NL I overwatered and it took her 2 weeks to recover from around day 20 onwards. I put it down to the fact I stressed her and she was way behind in development. About 25 days ago I had to insulate the tent as its in the loft and couldn't keep the temps up even with a heater in there.

Temps are now around 24-26 but the humidity went through the floor and in the low 30s. Fixed it slightly by adding a humidifier but still not getting higher than 45. When it was really low, the NL just withered even with plenty of watering so in my head I put it down to a slow starter then humidity issues.

I was hoping to finish both by mid November and the other auto should be on track but might need to get creative with the NL. I'm glad I read this thread as its defo given me some ideas.

Hi Hammo, welcome to the fun and games, that's three of us now. lol

So couple of things, if poss get I'd her down stairs in the warm, I'd be a bit worried about cold snaps if she was in the loft might be fine as you have a heater but I am having similar concerns flipping to a 12/12 as I will likely have 6 hrs a day when she may dip below the ideal min of 18dC, although I will prob just turn on the heating. If that's a concern, consider it.

As for feed, I have been feeding 4 to 5ml of grow per litre and 2ml of bloom, like you a few doses of calmag on the way but thats what she has been on for about 3 weeks now. I gave her plenty of bloom earlier on, like you thinking it may help switch her but made no difference.

She is very thirsty right now so depending on pot size, mines 7lt, pots light after about 2 days so keep an eye on that. Likely water schedule will change.

Like Teehee said, flip her asap if possible, she may not go as long as you think.

Stick around tell your GF to pop in this thread later down the line if she needs any help and you are unavailable, sure we will about for some moral support. :yep:

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Hammo44 said:

I explained the 3 rules to her double quick and she had to stick to 'no tell' and not tell her stoner brother.

Ha ha ha, can you imagine him turning up unannounced! And his mates!!!

Get her a pair of overalls so she don't smell like a Coffee Shop!

I was looking at a net to maybe scrog,

I think some sort of net or mesh is essential if you're gonna start LST and supercropping. I got a 5cm square hole metal mesh sheet from the DIY place, very handy for spreading the canopy out. I just used cable ties to hold the tops down and it was easy to cut them later on for harvest.

Defo need to lightproof the tent better though. It's in a dark attic but I have passive vents open and my homemade baffle box I dont think will cut it. Guess I could use the duct sock and not the vent and create some bends. Didn't care about light leaks as much with the autos.

My tent is atrocious, splits, tears and blim burns. Yeah, with Auto's that's no worry, but all I did was get a plastic tarp from that DIY shop, and plonked it over the front (where most of my damage is) like a second door... bit of gaffa tape over the tears, and job done.

Bear in mind, in nature, it's not totally dark at night, even here in the stick where it will go pitch blacs, no light pollution from Cities etc but when there's moonlight.... it's sometimes very bright, but our gardens continue to grow and flower..... tiny leaks are not gonna be a problem... it's gonna have to be pretty bright to disturb your flowering.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, teehee said:

I think you are right bud, I will get my loup out he weekend and have a closer look. May have misspoke, I usually like two or three feeds of water so maybe 8 or 9 days.

Thanks again brother.:yep:

• Like 2

@Professor Plum @teehee

You guys have been a massive help so thanks for that. I was thinking yesterday that if I'd only planted the NL it would have melted my brain going 60 days without flowering, especially on the 1st grow. Trying to understand what was going on would have been even more of a head fuck! Luckily the other one has followed what I expected.

So yeah think I'm committed to 12/12 and most likely going to bring the tent down from the loft and into the warmth. I started off 18/6 and moved to 20/4 when the bubble kush went into flower. But 12 hours up there in the dark will be tough for her even with the heater. The tent is wrapped in bubble wrap with an outer layer of thermal wrap stuff but even then it's pretty chilly up there with lights on and a Baltic with the lights off.

An extra benefit from wrapping it with insulation is it keeps the light in and out. I even fashioned a hinge style door with Velcro strips to cover the tent door. The tent I have is a generic cheap one so it isn't the best for avoiding leaks but the wrapping should help.

I've got plenty of nutes so I should be good for another 50-60 days but they are in quite small pots as I was worried about space with such a small tent. Do you think it's a good idea to repot her in some fresh soil and a bigger pot or is that a given?