Week 5 no sign of flowering?

Professor Plum

large.5d9d37314d4df_ResizeofIMG_20191007_230850.jpglarge.5d9d37309e260_ResizeofIMG_20191006_211051.jpglarge.5d9d372fda2e3_ResizeofIMG_20191009_014932.jpglarge.5d9d372f3e651_ResizeofIMG_20191009_014921.jpglarge.5d9d372e06ead_ResizeofIMG_20191009_014702.jpglarge.5d9d372e9ce31_ResizeofIMG_20191009_014818.jpg

Hi Chaps, as per title, what do you reckon? Dianfem AUTO cheese xxl. As you can see the other girls have been budding for over two weeks now. Starting to worry she may not be an auto?

Thanks Chaps.

@Dinafem-Mark

e2a the other two girls are different strains.

Edited by Professor Plum
  • Like 2

I just grew a Dinafem Blue Amnesia XXL Auto.

The same thing happened to me.... I waited and waited, but no flowers by day 60 ish...

Anyway, I put her in a different tent, flipped her to 12/12 and soon after she started flowering.

Here's a link to the grow and you'll see what a MONSTER she became!

• Like 2

Thanks chaps, so what do I do if she isn't an auto? I'd penciled in a dead line of early Dec. Do I take her out for a few hours to get her on a 12/12 to flip her so she's not too far behind the others? I've only got the one grow room and am tight for space. Any advise on this would be much appticated. 

• Like 1

large.IMG_20191009_235540.jpglarge.IMG_20191009_235525.jpg

Also the cheese xxl "auto" is now showing a deficiency. Some yellowing at the bottom and the above leaves are about half way up. Im guessing this has something to do with not feeding her correctly as the other two are Bob on suggesting that she likley is not an auto. She is currently had 2 feeds of bloom consisting of Biobiz one feed grow 2ml and bloom 2ml and one feed grow 3ml bloom 2ml.

Time for some a dose of Epsom or CalMag?

If anyone can advise me on this and going forward how best to proceed with two autos and a "pheno?" under an 18/6 schedule I would be greatful as I'm at a bit of a loss on how to proceed.

Having only ever grown autos my gut tells me to pull her out of the grow put in a dark place for an extra 6hrs for 2 or 3 days? And then reintroduce her for the remainder of the 18/6 auto's cycle.

Will this be enough to force flower?

If so, how many days to force her to flower, 3 days enough? And can I then reintroduce her to the grow room on a 18/6?

Or do I just pull her out and right her off and concentrate on the other two autos?

If I do take her to term, how much more time do we think Im looking at? My Autos are due for chop end of Nov, first week of Dec.

Eagerly awaiting feed back.

Thanks chaps. :headpain:

Edited by Professor Plum
  • Like 1

From the pics looks like natural eating back of the larger fan leaves if not quite flowering yet could go with 1ml less bloom 1-2ml extra grow depending on size &  see if that helps( eta looking at the other leaves they look a good colour so may not need extra)...you could just leave her in with rest till harvest day and see if she's just a late flowering auto or a photoperiod and  then worst comes to worst your be able to crop your autos and the switch to 12/12 to flower her ...just give the others priority positions until harvest then she will have all the room when she's flowering  if that possible for you...also if you take her out for 6 hours to trigger flower and then resume 18/6 the plant will likely reveg if is a full photoperiod ...good luck hope this helps with options :yinyang:

Edited by HEMPFRUIT
  • Like 3

Thank you brother, yes this is most helpful. I'm going to up some more pics to see if it can help nail down a coarse of action, as you say regarding feed I agree, I think your observtions are spot on. She is nice n green otherwise.

I do think tho there maybe a cal def, I just gave her 1/3 of a litre of feed from the bottom with an added 1ml of calmag per ltr, just to give her something and then next watering, 2 days, the idea is, 3ml grow 1ml bloom and 1ml calmag. Good plan?

Anoying I cant flip her and reintroduce on an 18/6 this could cause me issues... Any rough idea on time from 12/12 to finish if I go this route. 

Thanks again bud, pics be up soon.

• Like 2

Between 8-12 weeks from switch mate  average  time is  10weeks  for me can go longer than 12 but unlikely  ..you would hope with the auto genetics would be a earlier finisher even if a photo but this isn't always the way could even take as little as 7weeks if lucky or don't mind just having clear/cloudy trichs..I have a cream caramel fast version that done in 7-8weeks easy that has some auto genes ...:yinyang:

• Like 2

I defiantly wouldn't worry about that mate they look well fed looks like natural dropping of larger older leaves from them pics ... although wait for someone to confirm as always best to make sure I'm not missing something..:skin_up:

• Like 2

You could trigger flower early by taking her out  3 weeks before the others finish do that for 1-2 weeks then switch to 12/12 for the last 1-2 of the the others finishing as that won't harm your yield much on the others at all I don't think.. especially if they are only on 12/12 for last week of there life :yinyang:

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, HEMPFRUIT said:

Between 8-12 weeks from switch mate  average  time is  10weeks  for me can go longer than 12 but unlikely  ..you would hope with the auto genetics would be a earlier finisher even if a photo but this isn't always the way could even take as little as 7weeks if lucky or don't mind just having clear/cloudy trichs..I have a cream caramel fast version that done in 7-8weeks easy that has some auto genes ...:yinyang:

Ouch, gonna double my grow time, hmm, gona have to have a think about this. Not sure I will be confortable to have smelly time that long either. Hopefully Mark will pop in and have idea on time re genetics. I did one of those Sweet Seeds Caramel auto, really nice. I'd have to recommend the Cream Manderine to you if you havent tried it, really tastey smoke. Thanks for your thoughts bud, your a star. Gonna have a think.

• Like 1

Yeah cream mands one of my fav mate :D ..you may still be lucky as it's a xxl some flower a little later.. iv had autos turn on the 6 week burst into flower and still done within 10weeks  fingers crossed for ya :yep:

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, HEMPFRUIT said:

You could trigger flower early by taking her out  3 weeks before the others finish do that for 1-2 weeks then switch to 12/12 for the last 1-2 of the the others finishing as that won't harm your yield much on the others at all I don't think.. especially if they are only on 12/12 for last week of there life :yinyang:

Noice... Like your thinking there, that could swing it enough to make a difference, gona investigate the run time of the xxl that may shed some further light on finsh time.:yep:

Tad annoyed as was hoping to beat my mate who I was laughing at as he also got a photo instead of the auto he ordered, and was about 3 months in and we reckoned my grow would be chopped before his finished.lol Oh the irony.

Regarding the def, dont you think if this thing goes 3 months'ish its a bit early for the leaves to be changing natrually? Considering the auto's are same age, about 5plus weeks and 95% green. My gut feeling is still a def maybe Cal. Bare in mind I have zero experience with photo's so my thoughts maybe skewed.

Edited by Professor Plum
  • Like 1

Just to add, I notice dinafem actually only do a cheese xxl auto and not any other type. Does that make it less likely I was sent a photo xxl as they don't sell them? Does that then mean if it is a photo this is not an xxl or is it just that the breading process for autos throws photos out occasionally.?

If you follow my thought process. :headpain:

• Like 2