Week 5 no sign of flowering?

Professor Plum

@Dinafem-Mark@teehee@HEMPFRUIT@Kipper420

Hi chaps, need some advice, currently at 52 days no sign of flower. Strongly thinking of binning her off, anyone want to back my thougthts or talk me out of it?

So she is currently crowding out my other two girls a little who are about 5ish weeks from finish and doing well. She's still throwing new leaves so defo not going to auto imo.

I have a few concerns, one is if the other two dont hit my target I maybe forced into doing another grow earlier than planned putting me in the relm of a peek of summer grow which may make temps harder to manage, generally I aim to start a grow in September as temps are perfect. Clearing out the space may give me a better chance of hitting the 6/7oz needed. (275w hps)

Next concern is she is only in a 6.5ltr pot, Im out of soil and have no pots, fixable of course but a bit of a bind. Bare in mind not having grow a photo before, she is 52 days in, starting to yellow and dont think she is getting enough light as I am giving the other girls priority, unsure what state she will be in, in another 5 weeks plus another 7 weeks min of flower on top. Plus the time and effort required over xmas when I will be slammed at work is putting me off.

As you can see Im still a bit indecisive on how best to proceed.

A sanity check would be much appriciated.

Thanks chaps.x

large.IMG_20191024_000132.jpg

Edited by Professor Plum
  • Like 6

..here's a option cut her right back  to stop her reducing yeild in the others or just flatten her out on the wall with ties from pole to pole (ETA looking back at pics) arhh your not in tent could still flaten against wall with ties ...feed a bit of fish or grow on regs as sounds like she's a bit hungry now ..repot in a couple weeks before  switch if is a photo ..will only need extra couple litres . if can't repot uping  the feeds will help keep her in check ..it's still very possible for her to start flowering soon and be a auto  (ETA reading back) possible ..but from what @Dinafem-Mark unlikley now..

Remember if the other two don't hit target because you keep her you will be getting another crop within a few weeks of the others being dried/cured ..so a slight con may bring a bigger benefit in the long run ...has the structure of the plant started to change/geared for flower?

I'm probs the worst to give advice as the last thing I'm going to tell you to do is bin her lol

Edited by HEMPFRUIT
  • Like 6

Honestly though mate that plant looks like it will easyery yeild the same or more than them 2xautos if is a photo as will fill your area nicely once flipped  :yep:

And Dinas cheese is a tastey strain :skin_up:

• Like 5

13 minutes ago, HEMPFRUIT said:

Honestly though mate that plant looks like it will easyery yeild the same or more than them 2xautos if is a photo as will fill your area nicely once flipped  :yep:

And Dinas cheese is a tastey strain :skin_up:

Legend, all valid points bud thanks for that, lol wont do anything till after the weekend, get some more feedback first. Will pop back in tomorrow, will sleep on it for now.

• Like 4

Hey Prof, I agree with Hempfruit, keep her going. 

I'd srtip everything off from the lower parts.... all those pale leaves should GO!

Finish off your autos, then flip her to 12/12. 

You;ll almost certainly have to supercrop her to give you as nice flat canopy..... and you'll have an enormous harvest.

Temps wont be too bad if you have lights on at night and off in the day.

There will be a bit of work required initially, but once she's on her own, you won't have to do much.

Dont bin her, you'll regret it!

• Like 6

I would have to agree with @teehee and @HEMPFRUIT :yep:

This girl should be well into bloom now and by the look of things I can't see here autoflowering so we are dealing with a photoperiod lady :(

Yes, she should have autod but she has not so let's make a plan to move forward :yep:

You can take quite a bit of foliage off to open her up you could even do some topping to keep the height down so the 2 autos are getting more light exposure. That will grow back over the next few weeks then flip to 12/12 :)

I definitely would not bin her I know it's not ideal but it's doable and you could pull of a pretty decent harvest  ;)

A potting up would be beneficial but if you've not got the soil I would do some aggressive topping and training work to create a smaller plant then 12/12 her :yep:

That would be the best call in my opinion mate  ;)

All the best  :bong:

Mark..

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Dinafem-Mark said:

I know it's not ideal

I disagree Mark, this is a GREAT situation.

You've got a grow on, the Auto's are gonna harvest soon, and you'll have a few jars of bud.

You'll be left with the Photo, which has already vegged, so once into 12/12 it'll flower very quickly, you'll have another load of bud in 7 weeks, using much less electricity (cos of 12/12).

That is MORE than ideal. You won't be short of smoke for ages mate...... this is a massive gift horse, don't look it in the mouth! (Whatever that means!)

Notice that Hempfruit, Mark and myself all gave the same answer with different wording..... you'll be fine with this, you've got the skills!

Edited by teehee
  • Like 7

i had summit similar to yours back about 6 years ago,i triggered it to 12/12 within 3 weeks it grew 3 foot and not a flower insight...... !!!  ime i sling it out for the sheep and pop a new seed tbh.....:stoned:   my plant was 7 ft tall the day i chopped it down and it filled a black bag bang tidy. :yep:   + its getting colder the sheep are starving. :skin_up:    duw duw :sport:

• Like 4

Righto'... Firstly really appriciate all the feedback chaps, big thanks to you all.:yep:

Gona process all the info over the next couple of days and look into pruning and cropping (any tutorials to recommend?) and will be back on my days off to formulate a plan. :headpain::yep:

• Like 2

By a quick glance at her, she needs a light defoliation down below, small prunes can make them react and spur new growth, bit like strength and conditioning trainng for her.

Other than that your flying it.

• Like 3

On 25/10/2019 at 0:06 AM, Professor Plum said:

Righto'... Firstly really appriciate all the feedback chaps, big thanks to you all.:yep:

Gona process all the info over the next couple of days and look into pruning and cropping (any tutorials to recommend?) and will be back on my days off to formulate a plan. :headpain::yep:

I would get rid of the lower 1/5-1/4 of the growth mate as that's just sucking energy and will not amount to much end product wise ;)

Some light leaf and sucker branch removal and personally I would super crop the taller branches to lower height  ;)

This gives plenty of time to recover whilst the autos are finishing up :yep:

What size pot are you in buddy?

A pot up is needed imo, but I know you are low on funds to buy soil. Let me buy your soil/coco then we can get her potted up and in a bigger pot. That will maximise yield and productively  ;)

Drop me your info via pm and I'll sort your medium issue out  :headbang:

Mark..

Edited by Dinafem-Mark
  • Like 5

Hey Prof, and anyone else looking for how this may end.....

I summarised my similar situation in the Autoflower section of this great forum.....

http://www.uk420.com/boards/index.php?/topic/402025-auto-not-flowering-heres-a-solution/

As you'll see, it's a long post, consider rolling up a joint and having a good read. The results are worth the effort!

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Dinafem-Mark said:

I would get rid of the lower 1/5-1/4 of the growth mate as that's just sucking energy and will not amount to much end product wise ;)

Some light leaf and sucker branch removal and personally I would super crop the taller branches to lower height  ;)

This gives plenty of time to recover whilst the autos are finishing up :yep:

What size pot are you in buddy?

A pot up is needed imo, but I know you are low on funds to buy soil. Let me buy your soil/coco then we can get her potted up and in a bigger pot. That will maximise yield and productively  ;)

Drop me your info via pm and I'll sort your medium issue out  :headbang:

Mark..

Thanks Mark, just did some chopping earlier, think you kind of said what I have done, fortunately. lol What do we think, enough? Took the yellowing leaves off but havent taken much off the top. 

large.5db78083321fe_ResizeofResizeofRotationofIMG_20191028_231128.jpglarge.5db78085080aa_ResizeofRotationofIMG_20191028_231350.jpg

Regarding the super crop, I recon I need the other girls out of the way, the canopy isnt too bad but she is still growing, I'm only a few clicks away from max light hights as it is but will look into this over the next week, need to do some reading first then see if I can flatten her out a bit.:yep: Super cropping is the pinch and bend technique right?

Pot size is 6.5ltr or 7ltr. Defo no good? What do you recommend, upto 10ltr?! 

Appriciate the offer on the soil, my reticence on getting the kit is time related rather than funds. I am never at home for delivery times so if delivery does'nt come with a click and collect option of some sort it's a real pain. :unsure:

As I am typing I just thought I may have some Verve from B&Q from an old grow somewhere and I have!! UNREAL. lol.

That will be ok for a top up right.lol

Cant be arsed to edit this now so yea... Guess I find myself another pot. :yep:

29 minutes ago, teehee said:

I summarised my similar situation in the Autoflower section of this great forum.....

http://www.uk420.com/boards/index.php?/topic/402025-auto-not-flowering-heres-a-solution/

As you'll see, it's a long post, consider rolling up a joint and having a good read. The results are worth the effort!

Thanks Tee, already had a read, will defo be popping in again for reference as the grow goes on, will have a proper look at your super cropping. :yep:

• Like 2

4 hours ago, teehee said:

e2a Somehow missed the fact that you said summarised the story,:headpain:Incredible chain of events, and a great read Tee. Very helpful too.:yep:

• Like 2

Sanity check post made me lol

If you into dinafem autos i can recomend critical + auto(not xxl), had some really decent buds out of it. And its like 10weeks top if i remember well . That gallery page is critical +

Edited by Herbal Kint
  • Like 2