Week 5 no sign of flowering?

Professor Plum

I think @HEMPFRUIT's advice is spot on. Keep on your Auto light schedule and finish your autos, then flip to 12/12. 

You are gonna have a massive plant, she's showing Cal Mag def cos she's in extended Veg, and she's gonna grow and grow. You are looking at a lot of supercropping etc to keep her height down, but the rewards will be worth it. You're just gonna have to put up with another 7-8 weeks growing and a hell of a smell.

Either that or cut your losses, and bin her. Personally, you've gone this far so why not carry on.

I've nearly finished cropping my Blue Amnesia Auto that actually was a Photo, and I've jarred 15.2 ounces dry already, the rest will be done tonight..... gonna be 17 plus ounces dry in all, off one plant. You manage that and you won't need to grow again in a while!

Edited by teehee
  • Like 3

10 minutes ago, Professor Plum said:

Just to add, I notice dinafem actually only do a cheese xxl auto and not any other type. Does that make it less likely I was sent a photo xxl as they don't sell them? Does that then mean if it is a photo this is not an xxl or is it just that the breading process for autos throws photos out occasionally.?

If you follow my thought process. :headpain:

Yes. Again with my Blue Amnesia XXL Auto, Dinafem Mark says they never made a Photo version of this, so it has to be a genetic throwbaclk. WHen I told him about mine, he said he'd never heard of such a phenomenon, but it must happen..... it's happened to you and me. I've grown Blue Amnesia Auto before, and this Photo version smells exactly the same.... I'm hoping it might be even more potent than the Auto.... it fucking stinks!

Edited by teehee
  • Like 2

Thanks brother, great incite making a lot of sense. A lot to think about. I saw your grow and got to admit it made my hands sweaty. Lol. Going to have to go back and have a full read up on how it went blow by blow. 

Appreciate the sanity check on the calmag, still leaning that way and will give her a dose next feed. 

Interesting what you say about the photo maybe being a bit of a genetic freak @Dinafem-MarkI'd be interested know more. My knowledge of the genetic process is somewhat limited. 

I do have a good carbon filter that should handle it and only running at 275w so won't hit your numbers but those extended smelly weeks is more than I'm used to and a slight concern. :headpain:

Edited by Professor Plum
  • Like 2

XXL suggest a semi auto.Although I doubt it. Perhaps @Dinafem-Mark can add to this

I think one of mine didnt start flowering until week 5. But I made many mistakes and set them back some.

Looks like its stretching to me. Shouldnt be too much longer.

Plus remember we are dealing with nature and environments. @Professor Plum

Chill a bit.

Edited by Kipper420
  • Like 2

18 hours ago, Kipper420 said:

XXL suggest a semi auto.Although I doubt it. Perhaps @Dinafem-Mark can add to this

I think one of mine didnt start flowering until week 5. But I made many mistakes and set them back some.

Chill a bit.

Thanks Kip. She is at day 35 from breaking soil and 41 from seed cracking. You are right in the fact she is still streching, she did start a little slower than the others but has almost caught up in size, another inch in the last 2 or 3 days. They have all had an almost perfect start with no problems prior.

Still no sign of flower, shes chucking out baby leaves on the nodes like there is no tomorrow. My spidey sense is still tingling but I hear what you are saying, its not an exact science.:yep:

I am keeping a close eye on for any sign of change.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Kipper420 said:

Have you some flower feed? 'cause when it gets going, they get hungry I found. @Professor Plum

Thanks for the heads up, just started a brand new bottle. :yep:

• Like 2

On 10/10/2019 at 6:06 AM, Professor Plum said:

Just to add, I notice dinafem actually only do a cheese xxl auto and not any other type. Does that make it less likely I was sent a photo xxl as they don't sell them? Does that then mean if it is a photo this is not an xxl or is it just that the breading process for autos throws photos out occasionally.?

If you follow my thought process. :headpain:

Hi buddy  ;)

We do have a few more XXL strains and Cheese is it's standard photoperiod form so if you were sent a photoperiod and not an auto then this is a huge mistake on our part.

Can I ask did the seeds come in our original packaging mate?

Typically Cheese XXL is pretty smooth sailing and enters bloom around day 30 from germination give for take a day or 2 ;)

What day are you on now mate from germ?

Also, are the other strains all autos mate? As a forced flower naybe the best call but not if the kthers strains are autoflowering  :yep:

If we do go down that route typically 7 week's to fully bloom if it us cheese xxl auto, if it's not an auto and just Cheese then your looking closer to 8 week's maybe 9 :)

Strange one this  ;)

All the best  :bong:

Mark..

• Like 1

On 10/10/2019 at 7:38 AM, Kipper420 said:

Chill a bit.

In theory our XXL Autos are fully autoflowering and should autoflower  ;)

Now over the last year I have seen the occasional Auto NOT flower and has needed that light reduction to 12/12 to start bloom.

It could be a genetic mutation that's retaining traits from the photoperiod used in the creation, but, I'm still going to say this Cheese XXL Auto will bloom she's just taking a little longer to official flower  ;)

I'll keep popping in to check progress out and fingers crossed she blooms soon :yep:

Mark..

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Dinafem-Mark said:

Hi buddy  ;)

We do have a few more XXL strains and Cheese is it's standard photoperiod form so if you were sent a photoperiod and not an auto then this is a huge mistake on our part.

Can I ask did the seeds come in our original packaging mate?

Typically Cheese XXL is pretty smooth sailing and enters bloom around day 30 from germination give for take a day or 2 ;)

What day are you on now mate from germ?

Also, are the other strains all autos mate? As a forced flower naybe the best call but not if the kthers strains are autoflowering  :yep:

If we do go down that route typically 7 week's to fully bloom if it us cheese xxl auto, if it's not an auto and just Cheese then your looking closer to 8 week's maybe 9 :)

Strange one this  ;)

Mark..

Hi Mark, glad you could chime in. No idea whats going on.:headpain:

In answer to your questions, yes they came in original packaging, I have checked my invoice and had 2 XXL's on order then a free cheese XXL auto popped up on my freebies so I got an OG instead. The one I used first was the freebie on a card, the others in tins. I would hope this makes no difference! I am assuming they come from the same place? The card has cheese XXL auto on. Can post a pic if you would like.

The other girls that are both Auto's hit flower as expected around 28 days and are due to finish in just 5 to 6 weeks. The XXL still showing no sign of flower. 42 days from Germ and popped the soil 3 days later inline with the others.

I think the stretch is slowing but not convinced she is going to auto flower any time soon.

How to proceed? If she hasnt flowered at 50 days can we assume she's a photo and proceed accordingly?

You mention having to 12/12 some autos to start flower, can they then be returned with any confidence to a 18/6 or do they have to remain on a 12/12 and be treated as a photo. I have only ever grow auto's so never looked in to this before.

Thanks brother.

Edited by Professor Plum
  • Like 1

On 10/10/2019 at 0:29 AM, Professor Plum said:

large.IMG_20191009_235540.jpglarge.IMG_20191009_235525.jpg

Also the cheese xxl "auto" is now showing a deficiency. Some yellowing at the bottom and the above leaves are about half way up. Im guessing this has something to do with not feeding her correctly as the other two are Bob on suggesting that she likley is not an auto. She is currently had 2 feeds of bloom consisting of Biobiz one feed grow 2ml and bloom 2ml and one feed grow 3ml bloom 2ml.

Time for some a dose of Epsom or CalMag?

If anyone can advise me on this and going forward how best to proceed with two autos and a "pheno?" under an 18/6 schedule I would be greatful as I'm at a bit of a loss on how to proceed.

Having only ever grown autos my gut tells me to pull her out of the grow put in a dark place for an extra 6hrs for 2 or 3 days? And then reintroduce her for the remainder of the 18/6 auto's cycle.

Will this be enough to force flower?

If so, how many days to force her to flower, 3 days enough? And can I then reintroduce her to the grow room on a 18/6?

Or do I just pull her out and right her off and concentrate on the other two autos?

If I do take her to term, how much more time do we think Im looking at? My Autos are due for chop end of Nov, first week of Dec.

Eagerly awaiting feed back.

Thanks chaps. :headpain:

Cut them off tight to stem and keep going.

• Like 3

On 10/10/2019 at 0:29 AM, Professor Plum said:

large.IMG_20191009_235540.jpglarge.IMG_20191009_235525.jpg

Looks like the nodes are starting to stagger in this pic.. a promising sign of buds on the way perhaps?

calmag def shows at new growth on the top of the plant not being a mobile nutrient.

:smokin:

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Professor Plum said:

The one I used first was the freebie on a card, the others in tins. I would hope this makes no difference! I am assuming they come from the same place? The card has cheese XXL auto on. Can post a pic if you would like.

Should make zero difference buddy as the seeds would have came from the same batch regardless if they are "freebie seeds" or paid for :yep:

No need for a picture mate I know exactly what your talking about ;)

How to proceed? If she hasnt flowered at 50 days can we assume she's a photo and proceed accordingly?

If she has not entered bloom by day 50 then we can assume she's not an auto and moving forward treat her like a photoperiod strain  ;)

If she does not bloom then I would do a pot up which should help with the cal/mag deficiency and give a little more room for those roots to spread :yep:

You mention having to 12/12 some autos to start flower, can they then be returned with any confidence to a 18/6 or do they have to remain on a 12/12 and be treated as a photo. I have only ever grow auto's so never looked in to this before.

It's pretty rare for an auto not to Autoflower I think in 8 year's I've seen 5 maybe 6 cases :)

In this circumstance if you do flip to 12/12 To induce bloom then we can safely say she's not an auto and should be treated like a photoperiod strain  ;)

Basically don't flip back to 18/6 mate as this could cause the plant to revert back to a veg state  ;)

I'll keep popping in buddy, have you got any pre flowers showing? 

Mark..

Edited by Dinafem-Mark
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, Dinafem-Mark said:

Should make zero difference buddy as the seeds would have came from the same batch regardless if they are "freebie seeds" or paid for :yep:

No need for a picture mate I know exactly what your talking about ;)

If she has not entered bloom by day 50 then we can assume she's not an auto and moving forward treat her like a photoperiod strain  ;)

If she does not bloom then I would do a pot up which should help with the cal/mag deficiency and give a little more room for those roots to spread :yep:

It's pretty rare for an auto not to Autoflower I think in 8 year's I've seen 5 maybe 6 cases :)

In this circumstance if you do flip to 12/12 To induce bloom then we can safely say she's not an auto and should be treated like a photoperiod strain  ;)

Basically don't flip back to 18/6 mate as this could cause the plant to revert back to a veg state  ;)

I'll keep popping in buddy, have you got any pre flowers showing? 

Mark..

Thank you brother, covered all bases with that I beleive. I'll get some pics up soon, no sign of flowering as yet, best I can tell. lol:yep: Unfortunatley Im out of soil and have no larger pots so may have to just ride this one out. :headpain:

• Like 1