Enter the Dragon

botanics

@Amo  Around 1.5 to 2 x stretch mate but they will all get big if they have a large root ball and been vegged for a long time.  :yep: 

• Like 5

Cool, I asked as it says in the strain description that they need extra space, an I’m space restricted, I use a 9L air-pot, an usually try for a 5-6 week veg, topped...

• Like 3

On 02/11/2019 at 4:17 PM, botanics said:

Update

Afternoon folks, quick update with some pics and these are bloom now :yahoo: too!

I switched the lamp over a few days ago and they're getting on with stretching out after the topping, completed last week.  I've also trimmed some of the lower shit off and tidied them up a bit (I'll probably take off some more but will see how they shape up throughout this week first).  They are drinking well and still on seaweed but will put them on some week food soon (chempak no 2) and then chempak 8 when they're putting out the flowers.

Temps are okay with going no lower than 23 C and 29 C max.  Seem to be loving the wicks and I'm going through the top of feed but keeping the re topped now too as without it, they're going through whats in the medium and sump fast ;) 

Some pics :yep: 

large.5dbda6bf3ec00_OGKZBloom3days-both.jpg

large.5dbda6c5bd6ec_OGKZ-Bloom-3daysno1.jpg

large.5dbda6c2d2831_OGKZ-Bloom3Days-no2.jpg

large.5dbda6c93d57c_OGKZ-3DaysBloom-roots1.jpg

large.5dbda6c74d4d6_OGKZ-3DaysBloom-underneath2.jpg

So, all looking ship shape at the moment and they be happy under the halide.  I'll be switching them over to sodium after 21 days and we'll see how they like that :yep: 

Until next time, thanks for watching! :rockon: 

A few days into bloom and looking in great shape  ;)

Another very detailed write up mate, thank you  :yep:

Thanks for adding the stretch info to brother  :bong:

Kind regards  :cheers:

Mark..

• Like 3

Looking absolutely spot on mucker, very nice and healthy :yep:

Loving the hempy/wick combo and they seem to be loving it.

Did you get it right with the amount of and thickness of wicks or did you start off overboard, see how they wicked and if wicking too much remove some?

Whatever you did you've got it off to a T, nice one :yep:

• Like 2

@jadenugs

Yeah mate I upped the wicks from the original pot I had them in because after getting them out I noticed some medium unused and was because of the way I'd arranged them, compounded by not watering through the top too.  It meant I had a hell of a lot of roots where the compost met the sump layer, however they were potted into new pot noodles with more wicks added and also top watered  to encourage the roots through the upper medium.  The wicks are being used now alongside the top down and they need them, being in such small pots.

Without any wicks, it's a serious commitment I reckon and I take my hat of to the effort some have put in with this challenge :eek:  but with having them it eases the mind from anxiety knowing that they have a source other than the small sump at the bottom of the pot and I'm finding it a very effective system Nugs ;)   Hempy's are for coco as you know, but I'm finding the way I've set these up are far better for rooting than without that sump layer and wicks.   

Think this is going to be a part of my system moving forwards tbh and I wish I had the time to get on with sorting a new grow space out, fibreglass a drainage tray etc and get a bit more modernised. 

• Like 2

@shire

Thanks mate, it's quiet in here and the way I like it see :ninja: you got the main contenders like, lots of noise going on, well I likes it in here, under the radar a bit and we'll see how we do ;) 

I've noticed you've got a diary up too and will stop by, slowly getting to read through all the entries bit by bit and rushed off my feet lately :headpain: 

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, botanics said:

rushed off my feet lately

Tell me about it mate, tho I am not complaining it’s really good to be up and about again :hippy:  

Your noodle is looking spot on anyway mate, your making it look far too easy.

Take care Jj :yinyang:

• Like 3

@botanics rolling on nice here mate and Im glad the wicks have got your back, they're grow heroes are wicks lol

I'm of the opinion that sometimes Cannabis smokers arent the best people to actually grow Cannabis lol

and wicks are a safety net for them when it comes to watering routines (I always forget :bangin:)

Your plants are in great nick with a lovely colour to them so its looking good for a nice crop.

Are you getting much on the aroma side? Mine have been nuts in that way but others dont seem to be saying much as yet. Out of everything I have wrong I still have a nose like a shark for blood.

Edited by 2Fat2EatThat
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, botanics said:

under the radar

Nothing is under the radar in the noodle grow. Both of those plants looks strong and healthy, I can see them frosting up savagely. 

giphy.gif

• Like 4

1 hour ago, 2Fat2EatThat said:

Are you getting much on the aroma side? Mine have been nuts in that way but others dont seem to be saying much as yet. Out of everything I have wrong I still have a nose like a shark for blood.

Early days yet mate and they'll no doubt develop into something completely different but there are aromas for sure.  Smelling hashy at the moment with coffee undertones :yep:  

1 hour ago, ROCKSTEADY6 said:

I can see them frosting up savagely. 

I'm hoping so mate to be honest, because the other plants I've got in bloom are not performing (because I fucked them up, with letting them dry out too much :doh: ) 

• Like 2

Update

Evening all :yep: 

Well, things are developing tidy in here and these noodles are stretching out now.  So much so that I buckled a couple of shoots on the bigger one with a pinch and crack so as to even out them out a bit.  Will be doing more no doubt too considering how they are shooting upwards (they're 2' thereabouts).  The plants are drinking well and also sucking up via the wicks with me only having to feed them once a day and they seem very happy.  They're still on veg nutes at the moment and I'll be turning them over to bloom nutes when they start putting the flowers out proper.   However, they are getting on with that now - which I'm happy about considering they are still quite young ;)

Temps are also good with peaks of 29 C and lows of 23 C and aprt from that there aint much else to tell.  They're just behaving themselves and seem happy enough for the time being, just hope it stays that way and there's no dramas lol 

Some photos below and I took  a few without flash to see natural colour as the flash always bleaches the colour.  They are ok but a bit grainy as my camera isn't anything of note but they are okay enough

Bottoms first and all above board in here with no secret compartments or any trickery

large.5dc753406f862_OGKZ-Bloom10DaysUnderneath2.jpg

large.5dc75341bb40a_OGKZ-Bloom10DaysUnderneath1.jpg

This one is the best of the two and has been throughout (the other, had a one leaf situation at first, but developed normally and has always been a little behind the other one).  In the pic you can see where I supercropped one of longest shoots a few days ago

large.5dc7533ea22e2_OGKZ-Bloom10DaysNo1.jpg

This is the other one, she is a bit smaller in her frame but has a good shape nonetheless.

large.5dc75336c3dfd_OGKZ-Bloom10DaysNo2.jpg

This pic is from the top.  I took two, the first without flash and then another with it to see the difference.

large.5dc7533c0ed22_OGKZ-Bloom10DaysTop.jpg

large.5dc75339c6ff5_OGKZ-Bloom10Days-Top2.jpg

So all in all the OGKZ seem to like pot noodles considering all the other grows in this challenge this year for sure!!  I'm well happy with how these having taken to it but it's a long time to go yet so we'll see yet if I can pull it off and get some bud at the end of it ;) 

Until next time thanks for watching :rockon: 

• Like 8

Alright there @botanics

Tidy noodles mate, even canopy, nicely greened up too.

How far into flower are you mate? I would guess around two weeks, 

Take it easy. Jj :yinyang:

• Like 1