Enter the Dragon

botanics

:toot: Welcome! :toot:

Well folks, I suppose it's about time I got this pot noodle compo on the go and after spending the last two weeks in the relative paradise of heat and sunshine on holidays, I require something to brighten me up as I've only been back in this shit hole country for a few days, my head is already done in with the desire to go on another, foremost in my cognition!

It seems that I've not missed anything whilst away really, the madness within our society still ensues I see after perusing the current affairs board and catching up, which in turn thus brings it right home to the craziness that is this competition. :yep:

I'm a late starter to events but matters not as plenty of time available to get these here lovelies grown and budded up, all being well of course.  For my last grow, I went all zen about it and returned to simpler times, whereby I grew with little complication or overthinking and the results I am very happy with :stoned:  (it's been doing lovely whilst I've been away aye! :naughty: ).  Consequently, this compo grow and bit of fun, will again be a simple affair.  There'll be no fancy jiggery pokery, sorcery and magic or dark voodoo arts going on in here! Nope, all flowing like water and as it happens. :yinyang: 

Of course, the detailed plan is, I'm going to grow these seeds in pot noodles :yes: and "King" pot noodles at that....Well, I've scratched up a couple of wins elsewhere and so no serf sized self respecting receptacle will suffice after careful consideration.  Yep, they will be the Bad Boys of the noodle empire and contents were removed and eaten sometime ago see (no pussies in here mind, hardcore noodle slurping is the order of the day!). 

Thus it begins and just a moment ago, these OGKZ seeds, went for a swim in a solution of water and VeloKelp and put into the airing cupboard.  I'll leave them a day and we'll see how they go.  If we have signs, then I'll pot them up and put them straight under the halide (250W)

large.5d82347587ac6_OGKZ-Seeds.jpg

They are all a bit pale (photo doesn't really demonstrate) and one is only half the size of the largest, with the other in between (I'm hoping they're all goers but took clones before going away that can now be potted up, in order for a backup plan and to ensure I get some flowers at the end of this run ;) ).  The mum for those is from the last grow (Purple Moby Dick) and she did lovely with a wick system I set up for here to survive whilst away. (I'm quite shocked at how good the wick system is and may incorporate it into these pot noodles as under HID, I'll be watering them every five mins otherwise) :yep: 

Other than that, not much to say apart from my hugest of thanks to Mark and HSO for putting up these beans, doing the work etc and running this competition...Thanks guys, its great to be a part of this madness you're fronting and hope the show is good one!!! :yep: 

• Like 14

@botanics good to have you in the madhouse, if you could go check my grow and tell me where I'm going wrong itd be much appreciated,it will be obvious when you see it!

I've seen some of your previous work and hope you get a good run here to mate.

If you have any questions feel free to offer it to the "noodle team" we are pretty nice but we do need to know your stance regarding current affairs in so far as whether you support the out going King or not?

Bet you thought it was b****t which is now a banned word as proclaimed by King Vince 1 himself or perhaps I made that up but when ithat word goes out of use I will be mightily happy as will we all I'm sure,do we agree people of the noodle?

Seriously though,best of luck with the grow but I'm sure you won't need it buddy.

Edited by 2Fat2EatThat
  • Like 3

Welcome to the nutter’s mad house @botanics m8, though I see you knew what you was getting into lol 

Im a late starter too, only last week, but there is plenty off time...

Cool to see you in this challenge, it is and will be fun till the end im thinking...

Good PnC luck dude...

• Like 3

And so this tale begins...

Thanks everyone for all the comments :hug: looks like we've got three for the run here! :yahoo: 

Aye, after a good swim session in a solution of seaweed and quiet time in the airing cupboard, all have broken their casings with the taproots.  Thus today they've gone into some medium

large.5d84d39a6effa_OGKZ-Taproots.jpg

Okay, now I did write there'd be no sorcery and skulduggery and what not going in here and all is within rules of course, but I was worried see lol  

Because I'm putting these under HID and it'll also be running at 400W at some point (there'll be other plants going in with these OGKZ), I thought it'd be wise to think about things a little.

I decided to incorporate a wick setup but with a little twist as I've put the drainage holes within the sides of these fine planting containers and thus have a little hempy situation going on too :naughty:The bed is filled with vermiculite (within which the wicks are also incorporated) and the compost (Westlands MP with JI) is toned down slightly with some vermiculite sits on top (two thirds filled at the moment and will fill up as the seedlings get going). 

There are four wicks each and these are fed through a few of the drainage holes into the pot, whilst underneath there is a tray of weak seaweed solution to feeds the wicks as they get going.  The material I've used for the wicks is capillary matting cut into thin strips :yep: 

large.5d84d39cd2d41_OGKZ-Thebeginning.jpg

They're sitting in my bloom box now which is dark at the moment and as soon as they pop through, I'll put the lamp on them (250W Halide) ;)   Temps are ok at 23 C and so happy enough with this.  They will be joined tomorrow with some clones that are going straight into 5L pots and I'll put the lamp on a veg cycle for two weeks, then flip to 12's. 

Until next time though, thanks for watching and :rockon: 

• Like 9

It's time for @botanics to enter the ring and get his 2019 PNC underway  :yep:

3/3 on germination,  with all 3 going direct into the Pot Noodle Container,s :)

I know this will make our reigning king @vince noir rock n roll star happy :yep:

Best of luck with the grow my friend  ;)

And welcome to this bit of crazy community madness  :)

You'll fit right in lol

Kind regards  :cheers:

Mark..

• Like 2

Update

:unsure:  Well don't know about 'enter the dragon'...more like 'out without a puff' lol 

Aye, they did take an age to show through the medium, one looks like it aint that bothered with coming up though and can't be arsed with life.

So, it seems we've just got the two (but one of them is a bit dodgy too and we'll have to see).  Taking ages to get moving however and in reality not much has happened at all.  I think they've been in the dirt for ten days and was expecting them to be a bit more moved on by now tbh.  However the temps are not the greatest, with a larger than desired range  (dropping to 22 C and no lower, but hitting 30 C on the peak some days).  Could be humidity, but I've also got the tray underneath them, which are filled with water in order to assist with a micro climate of sorts.  Other than that, not much to say so I'll leave a pic below of the state of play as of last night ;) 

large.5d91ef40a3771_OGKZ-Starters.jpg

I'll leave them plod on, continue with little fuss and see how they do.  I'm not worried about enough time as there's plenty, besides, I'm also vegging up my clones and they need longer before any lamp time switching shenanigans and they'll stay under the 18/6 for at least another two weeks it seems.  Until next time, thanks for watching :rockon: 

• Like 8