Enter the Dragon

botanics

On 30/09/2019 at 4:30 PM, vince noir rock n roll star said:

did you add the soy sauce sachet when germinating ?

Everytime you get me just as I'm having a cup of tea lol

Another mouthful over a monitor lol

@botanics We've seen a few slow starters with OGKZ in the PNC but once through they will take off ;)

I'll keep dropping in as you update buddy  :cheers:

Kind regards 

Mark..

• Like 2

lol@ROCKSTEADY6 yeah I've been a bit busy tbh mate but took some photos yesterday so I'll tidy them up and get an update up soon (they've not grown that much yet but alive at least ;) )

• Like 3

On 09/10/2019 at 11:54 PM, botanics said:

lol@ROCKSTEADY6 yeah I've been a bit busy tbh mate but took some photos yesterday so I'll tidy them up and get an update up soon (they've not grown that much yet but alive at least ;) )

Life takes over from time to time mate ;)

No rush buddy :yep:

Kind regards 

Mark..

• Like 2

@Dinafem-Mark

I dunno whether I'm coming or going lately mate and anxiety to fuck like :headpain:  

Anyhow, I did put up some pics the other day but just haven't had the time to do an update/  I'm here now though and there's not much of a story to tell really because they've just been ticking along, stayed short though and because I put them into only two thirds of medium to start I didn't get chance to top up. 

What I'll do instead is knock up another couple of pots the same and then put them into it with the extra medium needed at the roots like a traditional pot up ;) 

Light is on veg (18/6) still and it looks like I'll be putting them into bloom soon as my other plants are getting near to the point now.  Temps are ok with them dropping to 22 C min and still getting a bit warm at 30 C sometimes but the box does operate higher with the halide and fan needs another clean now too, no doubt.

Drinking and feeds wise, well this is where I'm keeping it to the min and they don't get much, seaweed and water so far and via the wicks.  They seem to like it actually and been no bother at all with my usual woes with me being heavy handed with watering seedlings lol  (actually I'm thinking of adopting the method entirely for a run and see where it goes in bigger pots like, be interesting as it's new to me)

The pics I took the other day :yep:

large.5da334562956e_OGKZ-12Days-No1.jpg

The larger of the two and slightly ahead

large.5da33453b610c_OGKZ-12DaysNo2.jpg

The other one

large.5da33458ad74b_OGKZ-12Days(both).jpg

Side by side

large.5da33450de4d4_OGKZ-12Days(underneath).jpg

The all important underneath ;)  

They've grown a bit since I took these photos but I'll try and get some more up on the weekend and do a fuller update :yep: 

Edited by botanics
  • Like 8

On 17/10/2019 at 0:54 AM, botanics said:

dunno whether I'm coming or going lately mate and anxiety to fuck like :headpain:  

Listen brother if you ever need a chat I'm never far away :)

Anxiety can breed depression which I know well and it can take you to some very dark places :(

Please reach out if needed mate :yep:

On 17/10/2019 at 0:54 AM, botanics said:

The all important underneath ;)  

They've grown a bit since I took these photos but I'll try and get some more up on the weekend and do a fuller update :yep: 

Thanks for the under shot mate, no shenanigans in here :yep:

Kind regards 

Mark.. 

• Like 2

Update

Evening all, update time :yep: 

Right well last week was a bit of rush job of an update and with that one I had taken the pics a few days before writing the update.  This week things are a bit different and the photos are of them last night.  They've grown a fair bit too from the last ones and so it's nice to see the differences when I looked in here.  

If folks will recall, I mentioned last time that I hadn't had chance to top up the medium from the initial seed planting and so I intended to make up some new PNC pots and pot them up into those, thereby having a fresh new mix at the roots.  This was completed and a bit of a job too because what I noticed was, the roots were concentrated at the point whereby the vermiculite base met the compost (these pots are based on a tweaked hempy bucket design and loads of them resembling hydro roots).  They were potted up straight into Westlands MP with JI (neat and no vermiculite) with the same hempy style base filled with inert vermiculite for a sump at the bottom and drain holes drilled above this.

Some of the medium was a bit bare however when I got them out and this is due to my placing of the wicks in my estimation, letting them take up via them too early on too ;) I've corrected this with the pot up and arranged the wicks better with me also encouraging the roots through the new medium via usual top watering and will be using the wicks for when they are fully rooted from now on (they are not far off now either as they are drinking quickly). 

Another thing I have done is to top them.  I was getting worried tbh and considering how top heavy they are already, one main extended shoot will be more of a headache than it's worth with my circulating fan on full tilt (which it will be when these go under 400 Watts of sodium in a week or so).  This means I've had to extend the length of time I wanted to veg them and it's getting tight now to get them to the closing line so I'll be taking a punt in a few days and once I see these side shoots starting to motor, I'll flip the lamp.  I know from grows past that if I get the timing right on this, then I'll should able to manage the stretch better throughout the shoots an hopefully have neat looking plants.  Although saying that, this is going to be bloomed out in a Pot Noodle pot after all! lol 

Temps have been good with no lower than 23 C this past week and highs of 30 C.  They're drinking well, got a lovely look about them and healthy plants with a good aroma on the leaves already after a feel.  Some pics :-

large.5db37650b9e70_OGKZ-3Weeks-Underside.jpg

The underneath with wicks (I added a couple more with the pot up so six now in total)  They are also resting on an upturned starter pot insert tray too in order to lessen the evaporation etc.  Below the drain and wick holes lies the vermiculite sump like a hempy style.

large.5db3764e3106d_OGKZ-3WeeksNo1.jpg

The smaller of the two with a lovely vibrant green and can see how the little addition of Velokelp gets that bluish hue into them ;) 

large.5db3764a62337_OGKZ-3WeeksNp2.jpg

The larger of the two and a very strong plant this one, it's a shame they're only going to get grown out in a pot noodle but I might try a reveg and go for a clone to mum up if able.  Again the quality in this plant is evident with excellent leaf definition and vibrant colouration.  

large.5db376478120f_OGKZ-3WeeksBoth.jpg

And last, side by side..vastly different to the last update pics for sure and yeah, considering these are not getting the attention they require or deserve at the moment (I'm stressed with my work and find no time for anything anymore), they are plodding along lovely.

Until next time, thanks for watching :rockon: 

• Like 10

Now that's the type of update im used to from @botanics :yep:

Well written, plenty of detail and 2 PNC girls looking fantastic  :bong:

Super update buddy, thank you  :yep:

Until next time  :cheers:

Kind regards 

Mark..

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, botanics said:

Putting them into bloom tonight mate ;)  

Then the real fun begins  :headbang:

Let's do it :bong:

Kind regards 

Mark..

• Like 2

Update

Afternoon folks, quick update with some pics and these are bloom now :yahoo: too!

I switched the lamp over a few days ago and they're getting on with stretching out after the topping, completed last week.  I've also trimmed some of the lower shit off and tidied them up a bit (I'll probably take off some more but will see how they shape up throughout this week first).  They are drinking well and still on seaweed but will put them on some week food soon (chempak no 2) and then chempak 8 when they're putting out the flowers.

Temps are okay with going no lower than 23 C and 29 C max.  Seem to be loving the wicks and I'm going through the top of feed but keeping the re topped now too as without it, they're going through whats in the medium and sump fast ;) 

Some pics :yep: 

large.5dbda6bf3ec00_OGKZBloom3days-both.jpg

large.5dbda6c5bd6ec_OGKZ-Bloom-3daysno1.jpg

large.5dbda6c2d2831_OGKZ-Bloom3Days-no2.jpg

large.5dbda6c93d57c_OGKZ-3DaysBloom-roots1.jpg

large.5dbda6c74d4d6_OGKZ-3DaysBloom-underneath2.jpg

So, all looking ship shape at the moment and they be happy under the halide.  I'll be switching them over to sodium after 21 days and we'll see how they like that :yep: 

Until next time, thanks for watching! :rockon: 

• Like 9

Hey m8, liking this set-up, very healthy looking green, wicks seem to be working well for you, an cool ur now on the 12/12 side off the flip...

will be interesting watching this done with the chem-pak nutrients 2-8 as I was looking at these but didn’t go for them as i didn’t know enough at the time...

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Amo said:

will be interesting watching this done with the chem-pak nutrients 2-8 as I was looking at these but didn’t go for them as i didn’t know enough at the time...

:cheers: bud.  Yeah they're good nutes but hot too so weak, weak, weak is the way to go and with them being in such small pots, especially so.  Considering this challenge is a about is trying to get some bud at the end of it all without burning that crap out of them or drying them out it's not gonna accurately test the chempak nutes but I did run them on my last Dinafem grow which was the Purple Moby Dick and did well out of it (which reminds me actually as I'll have to do a smoke report before it's all gone lol )

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, botanics said:

last Dinafem grow which was the Purple Moby Dick and did well out of it (which reminds me actually as I'll have to do a smoke report before it's all gone lol )

Cool I must look at that report when you get it up, I can’t remember if I’ve read ur PMD diary or not yet, must take a read, I have some PMD of mark for start of next year, as plans stand...

ahhh now I remember that diary, just had a quick look see, will read again when I’m starting, do they get really big ?

Edited by Amo
  • Like 3