Fresh Batch Of Cookies !!

Leafneck

Thanks for dropping by @Amarillo slim.

I've read enough diaries on uk420 where a hermie or couple seeds found in the final bud, it can happen from light leaks, clumsy mistakes, temperature fluctuations ect. 

Glad I caught my mistakes in the 1st 8 days of flower, fingers crossed it doesn't have an effect later on down the line. 

Average grow is costing me around £400 in electric and the yellow bottle products I've used have lasted me 2 grows so that has cost around £250 per grow. 

Not cheap but I save so much money growing for myself and I look after 4 of my friends. 

large.IMG_20190922_195637_compress43.jpg

Had to use all that for this weeks feed, it seems alot doesn't it. 

I may try a different nute range next grow

Edited by Leafneck
Pic
  • Like 4

36 minutes ago, Leafneck said:

Thanks for dropping by @Amarillo slim.

I've read enough diaries on uk420 where a hermie or couple seeds found in the final bud, it can happen from light leaks, clumsy mistakes, temperature fluctuations ect. 

Glad I caught my mistakes in the 1st 8 days of flower, fingers crossed it doesn't have an effect later on down the line. 

Average grow is costing me around £400 in electric and the yellow bottle products I've used have lasted me 2 grows so that has cost around £250 per grow. 

Not cheap but I save so much money growing for myself and I look after 4 of my friends. 

large.IMG_20190922_195637_compress43.jpg

Had to use all that for this weeks feed, it seems alot doesn't it. 

I may try a different nute range next grow

Fair, just seems a big cost to me. I use chempak which costs me £6.00 for 1600 litres of nutrient solution. You can buffer your own coir with calcinit (calcium nitrate) and add a small amount of magnesium sulphite if vegging for some time before flowering or doing a seed crop.  Most nutes are made of the same salts just in fancy packets with marketing, Ive not done a side by side but honestly don't think there would be much in it.  

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Leafneck said:

Will I have upset the ladies much? :banned:

As it's only once mate it should not cause any issue's  ;)

Mistakes happen from time to time buddy :yep:

No major issue imo ;)

All the best  :bong:

Mark..

• Like 2

Thanks for the input mark, I'm going to spend a bit of time in there this evening.. Will send them your love lol

I'm looking through your catalogue and the reviews to go with the strains, it really doesn't get easier to pick . Really want to try a sativa like moldy dick but the height scares me now. Maybe It would be perfect to practice early veg training. 

• Like 1

Mark I meant moby dick ^^ lollol I should really read before I send. 

Been in the room for a while this evening, I swapped one of my wall mounted osc 16" fans as the oscillating setting stopped working. 

Also stripped the bottom 3rd of plant, popcorn takes forever to trim and I'd rather the plant focus on the top half and kholas! I usually do this about week 2/3 but I want to start bending and tying down to the pot around Wednesday time and it would be awkward to cut and work around all the wire I'm using to tie down.. I'll learn later on if it was the right time to cut the bottom 3rd :hippy:

I'm still very happy with these cookie strains, see you with an update on satirday or Sunday with a height update.large.IMG_20190923_202755_compress32.jpglarge.IMG_20190923_202807_compress18.jpglarge.IMG_20190923_213412_compress92.jpglarge.IMG_20190923_213426_compress71.jpglarge.IMG_20190923_213445_compress39.jpg

• Like 8

Just having a morning lerk on the Internet, came across something called a super roots air pot. 

Dug deeper and my god it seems like I'm missing out so much as I'm only using a standard plastic pot. 

Anyone had experience with these air pots? 

I think I'd definetly benifit more from a 12l-15l air pot as appose to a 18l starnard. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Leafneck said:

Just having a morning lerk on the Internet, came across something called a super roots air pot. 

Dug deeper and my god it seems like I'm missing out so much as I'm only using a standard plastic pot. 

Anyone had experience with these air pots? 

I think I'd definetly benifit more from a 12l-15l air pot as appose to a 18l starnard. 

Ive used 15 litre fabric pots (air prune pots) like air pots but a lot cheaper and you will defiantly have run off with them using your wilma system as I did. I had a  noticeable difference in growth speed and overall health in the plants. I think due to getting the run off and flushing the coco which I wasn't getting with my 25 litres plastic wilma pots 

just my opinion hope this helps 

peace out brother 

• Like 2

Hello bud master, I hope you're well! 

I had run off with my 25 litre pots on my sdg grow, I fact when I disposed of the coco after harvest I noticed the roots had all gone to the bottom, hardly anything at the side wall of the pot. 

Couple of reasons I've decided to stay at 18 litre pots, I just find that bigger isn't always better. 

I only found out about fabric pots when I already bought my current grows pots but I think I will be trying the super roots air pots next. The main con to air pots people reported is the fact they need multiple feeds a day which isn't a problem for me on an automatic feeder. 

Also people have reported fungus gnats but a little research and a few users suggested using tights to create a bug barrier :wallbash:

Just deciding what size air pot to go for. I've made my mind up that I'm going to tackle the critical + 2.0 next. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Leafneck said:

Hello bud master, I hope you're well! 

I had run off with my 25 litre pots on my sdg grow, I fact when I disposed of the coco after harvest I noticed the roots had all gone to the bottom, hardly anything at the side wall of the pot. 

Couple of reasons I've decided to stay at 18 litre pots, I just find that bigger isn't always better. 

I only found out about fabric pots when I already bought my current grows pots but I think I will be trying the super roots air pots next. The main con to air pots people reported is the fact they need multiple feeds a day which isn't a problem for me on an automatic feeder. 

Also people have reported fungus gnats but a little research and a few users suggested using tights to create a bug barrier :wallbash:

Just deciding what size air pot to go for. I've made my mind up that I'm going to tackle the critical + 2.0 next. 

I have grown in 11, 15 , and 25 litre pots 4 plants per 600w hps and always achieve around 18-22 oz per light average about 20 oz. All grown from seeds 2 weeks under T5 prop light 4 weeks under 400/600 mh light then flipped to 12/12. 

I find the smaller the pot the more frequent the watering 

11 litre 1-2 times per 24 hour   0.5 litres veg   0.75 litres flower 

15 litre 1-2 times per 36 hour   0.5 litres veg.   1.00 litres flower 

25 litres  1 time per 24 hours.   1.0 litre veg.     2.0 litres flower 

the only difference is watering frequency and amount used also the amount of coco and nutrients used on in the grow cycle 

with a longer veg time I would expect the larger pots to yield more 

i have also gone for critical + 2.0 for my next grow 4/5 plants under a 10ftx4ft scrog screen with 4 X 600w hps lights with climate control we are going away in a few weeks so carnt get started until we return.

I'm more looking forward to starting my grow then I am a week in  Tenerife lol ( don't tell the wife ) 

until next time peace out 

• Like 4

2400w + critical, wow that will be monstrous. From what I've read make sure you get lots of fans up and keep that humidity low! 

Looking forward to it but I'm enjoying the cookies at the moment. 

Have a cracking holiday pal

• Like 4

Week 2 of flower done, week 3 starting. 

Tallest plant is now standing at 105cm 

Shortest is standing at 86cm 

Around 1m is the height I wanted to maintain so I'll be supercropping to suit. 

Started feeding twice every 24hours but pots felt heavy 30 mins before the next feed was due so I turned it back to 1 feed for week 2 of flower. I'll try again with the 2 feeds the next 2 days an monitor it. 

large.IMG_20190928_200425_compress35.jpglarge.IMG_20190928_200354_compress87.jpglarge.IMG_20190928_200333_compress39.jpglarge.IMG_20190928_200141_compress75.jpglarge.IMG_20190928_200103_compress95.jpg

Been a trouble free plant so far * touches wood * alot of potential bud sites and the pistols are starting to break through now.. The structure of the kholas look good and I can't wait to see the flower show. large.IMG_20190928_200952_compress51.jpglarge.IMG_20190928_200948_compress73.jpglarge.IMG_20190928_200627_compress98.jpglarge.IMG_20190928_200604_compress86.jpg

I find it a little difficult to focus my camera under the hps light, I know there is a section in the forum about photography I'll be sure to have a read. 

Couple random shots.. large.IMG_20190928_201113_compress76.jpglarge.IMG_20190928_200831_compress67.jpglarge.IMG_20190928_200640_compress82.jpg

• Like 5

Thanks alot jadenugs, I love a good read of your diaries! Super detailed and always a beautiful end product.. Hope you stick around to see the cookie goodness :haveadab:

• Like 2

Cheers dude and yeh I'll be sticking around. I'm especially interested in the BBC ;) Thinking about growing in coco at some point too so there's plenty I can learn here :bong:

• Like 2

On 23/09/2019 at 9:51 PM, Leafneck said:

Mark I meant moby dick ^^ lollol I should really read before I send. 

You definitely want Moby Dick and not Moldy Dick mate lol

Maybe tinder for a bit of Moldy Dick lol

If your going to be playing with heavy sativa influenced strains then I would definitely advice you start early with both the topping and training  ;)

Never to early to start :yep:

On 28/09/2019 at 8:38 PM, Leafneck said:

Week 2 of flower done, week 3 starting. 

Tallest plant is now standing at 105cm 

Shortest is standing at 86cm 

Another 7 days and the stretch will be over buddy ;)

I don't think you'll need to do much super cropping as I don't foresee much stretch in this final week :yep:

Maybe another 5-10cm bringing your tallest to 115cm and the shortest I predict will stay below the 1m(100cm) Mark  ;)

Time for the real flower show to begin :headbang:

All the time  :bong:

Mark..

• Like 1