Fresh Batch Of Cookies !!

Leafneck

Quick update, 5 days into drying now. 

Still not fixed my Bluetooth thermostat, I went into asda and honestly couldnt part with £6 for a battery then came home and moaned the thermometer doesn't work lollol

Extraction down to minimum, intake is on minimum too but I have ducting on outside of drying room pulling the air out of my veg cab, such a tiny puff of air coming in. From the weekend I'll be diverting the intake air with some ducting in the drying room and taping it to the extraction like I did on my last grow. It allows a extremely tiny amount fresh humid air in which probably does nothing but I'd like to imagine it slows the drying down a touch. Also have my tube heater on 12hours on through the night out the way of the hanging bud.

No branches snapping or making the brittle crunch noise, not even the smallest twigs. Bud is a little crispy out side but spongey to squeeze so I'm happy this is on course for a good 12-14 day dry. 

Bud has shrunk so much, you look at your harvest when you are finished with the sizzors and think wow there must be 5 kilo here lollol

I'm going to take a stab in the dark and say around 35oz, but we will see. 

That one bud I did squeeze, oh my.. That really got me excited! Such sweet fuely smelling weed.. Honestly I could of happily rolled one up!! I'm going to wait for the finished product tho.. I'm a greedy man so I have to teach myself patience lol

Edited by Leafneck
Added info
  • Like 8

Umm I'm not sure how i missed this, never mind good job, my blueberry cookies are starting to smell rather fuely been in the bucket for about 12 days now

• Like 5

Only on page 3 so far but I have to say what a simple and great setup you've got mate and your smashing it so far can't wait to read this all 

• Like 4

Damn I can't wait for the dry shots of this bud mate, fair play cracking diary mate was a great read. What are the  purple phenos from mate the blueberry cookies? 

• Like 4

Thanks for the kind words tric and finest. 

Purples was in both cookie strains, all plants was cookie dominant.. nice tight bud structure! 

Will get those dry bud shots up soon 

• Like 5

Just went and had a check in the drying room, the biggest blueberry bud was like a giant cob Web, also found 3 other smaller buds rotted.. They was dry outside but when I opened the bud a little you could see the ugly brown cobweb stuff. 

Wounded is an understatement but I played it risky with high RH % throughout and thought I got off lightly. Maybe lost an ounce just so separated it from the rest and will observe closely over the next week. 

• Like 2

Just had to go check each branch, lost around 2 oz today.. Found one branch the weed didn't have any visible mould but I split the bud to check stem and it just fell to bits in my hand like it was wet or something.. This was the single khola of the blueberry cookie.. I'd say I've pretty much lost all from that plant.

Shame really but I know to keep that RH down during flower now! 

Heart breaking, but all I can do is be observant during the drying now. 

• Like 2

@Leafneck sorry to hear this sad news buddy bud rot is horrible I've been through it all myself.

it's one of the main reasons I invested in a enviro controller takes the worry out of getting conditions right to certain extent 

On and upwards 

peace out 

• Like 5

Checked again today, biggest branch in there covered in mould ffs!!! Cold in the room so I'm making the decision to bring in a 2kw oil heater in the room and point a fan at the wall to speed up the drying process, most will be ready tomorrow if I do this. 

I sorted all mould and split every bud yesterday so this is an overnight revenge attack. 

I'd say it's been around 16 degrees in the room today with my tube heater on which isn't ideal but the last time I bought heat into the room it dried way too quick. 

Had my bro round for a couple nugs and we all agree flavour and smell is bang on, it even grinded up perfectly! 

• Like 6

This is today's loss 

large.IMG_20191129_190525_compress88.jpglarge.IMG_20191129_190537_compress86.jpg

I'd say around 4 ounce dry lost now. Really sad times but I'm sure i know which plant it was that was most effected. 

My bud will be dry tomorrow now as I've put a fan facing wall and the oil rad on in there.. Also sped the intake and outtake a little. I'd rather speed dry it a little than loose a load more to mould. It taste, smokes and smells great so I'm happy with it. 

large.received_2195843974043997.jpeglarge.IMG_20191130_191430-01_compress68.jpglarge.IMG_20191130_192529-01_compress93.jpglarge.IMG_20191130_192830-01_compress63.jpglarge.IMG_20191130_192845-01_compress50.jpg

Oozing in trichomes, 

Group photo, they aren't shrinking anymore so I'm happy with the huge nugs! 

large.IMG_20191130_193045_compress60.jpg

large.IMG_20191130_191828-01_compress2.jpg

This is one of the coat hangers of the blueberry, really fat buds! 

• Like 12