HSO - Multi Strain Grow, Vertical Farming At The Whitehouse 2019-2020

tokenroll

2 hours ago, tokenroll said:

Hso - Blue Fire plant (A) is getting binned as it is not needed now.

That's why we start multiple plants to find that "keeper" which best suits our needs ;)

Plant B looks the winner buddy and bouncing back a treat :yep:

Kind regards  :cheers:

Mark..

Edited by HSO-Mark
  • Like 3

18 minutes ago, tokenroll said:

I think its the borg.

large.5d934b33cf222_HSO-SapphireScout-TheBorg.jpg

It looks like the "borg" to me mate :(

You using anything to fight these little buggers?

Damn borg! 

Kind regards 

Mark..

Sucks m8 if it’s the Borg, heard ppl hate these, I’m not even sure what they are though, just know they not good...

Unreall close-up pic off the lil bas-tard, what mm off lenses do you need for close-up like that ?

• Like 2

@Amo that's taken using the sigma 105mm macro lens + a 1.4 tc so that's = 147mm of pro glass and then a 250 Raynox DCR-250 (which on this setup actually degrades the image) on the front plus full set of extension tubes. Bit of a beast to use to be honest. A couple of pics of the macro setup taken just now to give you an idea, I only use it in this configuration when shooting stuff 1mm or smaller in size. Excuse the mess of the table it's covered in coco atm.

Enjoy Toke...

large.5d93895d06fe1_MacroSetupb.jpglarge.5d938959d346a_MacroSetupa.jpg

Edited by tokenroll
  • Like 5

Cool answer, I must look into getting a macro lens to try some close-up shots, 105mm looks like a good size to start with, I just wanna get some close-ups off the dried buds...

Thats a one foot camera, bit off a beast to use is right, I’d say...

Cheer’s for that an with pic’s...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Amo said:

Sucks m8 if it’s the Borg, heard ppl hate these, I’m not even sure what they are though, just know they not good...

Unreall close-up pic off the lil bas-tard, what mm off lenses do you need for close-up like that ?

The "Borg" is basically spidermites buddy :yep:

Aptly named little buggers  :yep:

They just reproduce and destroy  ;)

Not an easy pest to eliminate  :)

Kind regards 

Mark..

• Like 2

@HSO-Mark the amount of leaves just removed from the plants in the veg space has left the little feckers very little to lay eggs on now lol, sprayed them last night and will do again in 6 days or so. I won't put them near the flower cab till they are clap free.

Toke...

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, tokenroll said:

I won't put them near the flower cab till they are clap free.

lollollol

Nuke Em  ;)

Kind regards 

Mark..

• Like 2

So here we are with a photo update showing the damage done by what I think was spidermites and my error of making the SB Plant Invigorator solution too strong for the plants to deal with. A week later and feeding the plants at a lower EC 0.9 (0.4 Background tap water) and PH6.1 we are now slowly starting to get new healthy growth. Normally I would have just binned plants with any sign of infestation but that would have ended my first go with the vertical scrogs etc, hopefully they will fully recover and the mites have been destroyed. 

That's it for now enjoy the destruction images.

Toke...

large.5d9a204514a38_HSO-BlueFire-SickPlantsLeaf3.jpg

large.5d9a20428aefb_HSO-BlueFire-SickPlantsLeaf2.jpg

large.5d9a203f89882_HSO-BlueFire-SickPlantsLeaf1.jpg

large.5d9a204756ea4_HSO-BlueFire-SickPlantsRecoveringWithNewGrowth.jpg

• Like 5

On 06/10/2019 at 6:29 PM, tokenroll said:

Normally I would have just binned plants with any sign of infestation but that would have ended my first go with the vertical scrogs etc, hopefully they will fully recover and the mites have been destroyed. 

I'm so glad you've stuck with it mate as I really want to see how you fair in this vertical grow ;)

You've been proactive and I'm confident now you have the Borg issue under control we will see much more healthier growth coming through over the next few day's  :yep:

Fingers crossed for a quick recovery and that the Borg are eliminated  :bong:

Kind regards  :cheers:

Mark..

• Like 1

@HSO-Mark all plants in veg are recovering and have just been in removing all fried leaves and checking them with the loupe and as far as I can see there is no borg in the room. Veg space has had everything washed down with peroxide and the ozone generator has had a few hours to do its job in the space. Plants have been treated twice now + the ozone gen so that should be it sorted. Now I feel confident of being able to carry on and also get the grow off seeds on the go over the next few weeks. 

Can't be posting only the good bits in a diary we all fuck up at times so may as well show it.

Cheers Toke...

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, tokenroll said:

Can't be posting only the good bits in a diary we all fuck up at times so may as well show it

If your showing the good then you've also got to show the bad mate :)

This is growing and no one has a perfect grow every run, that's just not posdible imo ;)

Best to show it all buddy  :yep:

Kind regards 

Mark..

Edited by HSO-Mark
  • Like 2

Now for a little surprise update as I have not mentioned these two clone plants before. These are two mini scrog plants growing in the same type of troughs as the vertical plants. These are going to be used on the floor and in front of the two vertical scrog plants if they fit in, if not oh well I can keep them in veg for another time. Once they fill the screens I will cut all the tops down at net level give them a few days to recover and then into the flower cab, these I just want to have super small colas about 5 inches max so these might be in place before the vertical plants.

That's the idea and that's it for now.

Toke...

large.5d9dcfe70cd37_HSO-OGKZ-MiniScrog-09-10-2019.jpg

large.5d9dcf7751a9e_HSO-TheNew-MiniScrog09-10-2019.jpg

• Like 4

That’s amazing dude, I had to look at it for a bit, never seen anything trained like that before, will be interesting watching this one grow too...

very cool to look at...

ps: what’s the clear plastic tubes for ??

• Like 2