Sticky OGKZ - Pot Noodle Challenge

1 minute ago, zabz said:

Those are some serious temps you're dealing with dude. Aircon?

Only have a portable unit and it puts out more heat through the ducting than it does cold air... It's just this bloody heatwave hitting hard.. Should drop back down to low 30's after tomorrow which for me, I can work with being tactical.. How's it in the UK?

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, InTheSystem said:

back down to low 30's

:yep:

I was just commenting today how low 30's were the cooler days where I used to live. I'm sure after an extended time in those temps you can almost become reptilian. I used to fall asleep every time I was in air-con.

Although Ol' Blighty was peaking today. 34 on the veranda (bit of a sun trap)

I hope it cools down for you soon :yep:

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, zabz said:

:yep:

I was just commenting today how low 30's were the cooler days where I used to live. I'm sure after an extended time in those temps you can almost become reptilian. I used to fall asleep every time I was in air-con.

Although Ol' Blighty was peaking today. 34 on the veranda (bit of a sun trap)

I hope it cools down for you soon :yep:

Haha - yer I try to avoid air con also as it doesn't fend too well with me and the respiration and gives me a cold easily with the contast of temps going outside and inside. Grow room atm is my bedroom as it's the coolest room in the house haha It's best to just man it out..

sexy-beast-original.jpg?w=840&h=466

Cheers for the good vibes... I do hope the seeds are just being slow as I am quite enjoying the PNC antics... I know fellow knight Sir @tokenroll was also facing some germination issues though - I blame Vince tbh lollol

Edited by InTheSystem
  • Like 5

Dude those are crazy ole temp’s you got there, I hope all germ’s ok for you.

I read on here the other day someone was using big bottles off frozen water to help control high temp’s. I guess you would need two set’s, one frozen in tent, an one in freezing... but you prob know this or have tried before...

Just trying to send some good cooling vibe’s, good luck m8...:oldtoker:

• Like 3

7 hours ago, InTheSystem said:

sexy-beast-original.jpg?w=840&h=466

Was baking in my loft yesterday but i was at least at home to run around with fans and opening windows and shit. Today i am back at work so the plants are on their own. I am going to ride out these hot days before germinating my pot noodle seeds. I got no where cool to put them. 

• Like 2

hey dont worry ..were totally struggling to keep anything under 30 deg here ..no respite from the heat this week .thursday may see some of these pnc entries just fry up ..youve been warned ..thursday ..tone the lights down ,wet towels and fans ...

good luck .

• Like 4

Bottles of frozen water last around 15 mins... But it is effective. Honestly the best way is to add humidifiers and try to follow the VPD chart. So talking 85/90% RH +... My other plants are doing ok just about in 40c using this technique:

large.DSC_0234.JPG

Just as an example to show it is possible not to have spit roasted MJ in high temps haha So don't worry people.... Low 30's is a walk in the park! In the case of the OGKZ - I think the seedlings they could be cooked - I germinated the day after started the thread and nothing :(

But my prayers are with the Pot Gods... Thanks for the advice @Amo and @vince noir rock n roll star - some great tips there for anyone reading and having heat battles.. I will let you good people know if I am still playing in the next couple of days tops, as I will know for sure if anything is happening or not - but not looking great I will admit ;)lol

Let's hope it cools down a bit, my hands are sweating writing this morning... Gonna be a scorcher

Edited by InTheSystem
  • Like 5

7 hours ago, InTheSystem said:

add humidifiers and try to follow the VPD chart.

So to battle high temp’s it better to raise the humidity ? Alway’s learning something new here each an everyday, cheer’s m8.

Long time toker, beginner grower...:oldtoker:

May the seedling god’s be with ur lil german’s-nation...:smokin:

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Amo said:

So to battle high temp’s it better to raise the humidity ? Alway’s learning something new here each an everyday, cheer’s m8.

Long time toker, beginner grower...:oldtoker:

May the seedling god’s be with ur lil german’s-nation...:smokin:

Precisely bro, due to transpiration rates - it is why in the heat a plant will suck the pot dry in less than a day. Raising the humidity will counter that and keep them transpiring happily. Of course this will only work really in veg period which is why I close shop on flowering tents from mid June till Mid September. Even still  - I am pushing plants to the limits I think.. Ideal veg temps would be 28/9c at 60-65% if following a VPD Chart - I just use it to know I need to be in 90% humidity range really and it's still too hot and in the red haha The downside to the high humidity is carbon filters start to lose efficiency greatly, but veg plants don't really kick off much of a smell anyway... Well there are some strains that play exception lol

You should look into VPD (vapour pressure deficit) if you have some spair time for reading. It can be a game changer for indoor growing - I don't follow it to a tee as I am not sealed with co2 which is exactly what it is aimed at, but for the most part I do follow the chart and notice the difference in growth/health.

Edited by InTheSystem
  • Like 3

27 minutes ago, InTheSystem said:

You should look into VPD

Cheer’s bro, I’m gonna look into this, seen VDP mention’d before but just disregard it.

But now you explain it like that I’m gonna go read up.

As I like this comment, 

30 minutes ago, InTheSystem said:

and notice the difference in growth/health.

My RH sit’s abt 45-65 all the time...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Amo said:

Cheer’s bro, I’m gonna look into this, seen VDP mention’d before but just disregard it.

But now you explain it like that I’m gonna go read up.

As I like this comment, 

My RH sit’s abt 45-65 all the time...

No worries mate - well the idea of VPD is as you decrease the temperature from 29c in veg through flower, you drop the RH to coincide which keeps the VPD numbers where you want to be. For the best indoor results I have seen it is dropping to as low as 21c or even less on the final week to simulate the fall if was growing outside... So will be on the lower end of the humidity levels. It does not seem like much but these environmental factors can make the difference from a great crop and a stunning crop. Each to their own with everything of course, some people may feel it is OTT. It's a weed, it will grow ;)

Edited by InTheSystem
  • Like 2

Wishing I had your air con unit today. Your plants are living better than me. 32 degrees and my light ain't even on. Hope all is well in sunny Spain mate. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ROCKSTEADY6 said:

Wishing I had your air con unit today. Your plants are living better than me. 32 degrees and my light ain't even on. Hope all is well in sunny Spain mate. 

I feel your pain mate. on 39 degrees light off now hiding in the corner of the room with sweaty touchscreen, I have been on a Gazpacho diet for 2 days too... It is supposed to cool down here to 31c tomorrow though which is the silver lining.... Its a bugger isn't it. I have nothing on germination on these beans either... Iv put seeds back into water for 24h... Iv had some hard ass seeds be some of the best plants so I am going to just be ambitious

76d3d34937ec5f9cef780917ba01faaf651b76ea

• Like 3

I have faith in HSO and it's just hard shell seeds and high temps.... Half my garden is HSO lol

Added a drop of h2o2 also to oxygenate and help them break free! Also refrigerating my RO water

giphy.gif

Edited by InTheSystem
  • Like 1