Building a groom in the loft.

The Padawan

2 hours ago, The Padawan said:

@Hammo44 it's a beast indeed. You should have seen the state of me trying to hang it by myself lol

Thanks man

@_Jamie_ it's still lying empty :crybaby:

I'm waiting on a spark to come and wire it up for me. He's promised me next weekend so hopefully I'll have her up and running very soon. 

:badass:

Ive been waiting on my spark for the last 5 weeks lol looks great btw @The Padawan you should be well proud of that build

30 minutes ago, bubbleguppie said:

Ive been waiting on my spark for the last 5 weeks lol looks great btw @The Padawan you should be well proud of that build

Tell him to get his ass in gear you’ve been waiting long enough lol

• Like 1

3 hours ago, The Padawan said:

You should have seen the state of me trying to hang it by myself

Man up! lol I put a 1000mm by 250mm Mountain air up on my own in a 2m tall tent the other day. I actually had the imprint of the filter on my shoulder for about 4 days lol .

Looking nice and tidy there though mate. Love a new setup, always feels great finishing a new groom build and adding all those finishing touches. Looks like its nice a solid too mate. Good call on the QB's too, will help you right out in the summer months. As someone who has grown loft for a few years before I can say its easier to heat in winter than it is to cool in summer IME, so you've done it the right way IMO.

• Like 3

@Dodgee thanks very much. Its gonna be a welcomed change from my current setup. I'll be able to almost fully stand up straight now lol

@GreenVision ill just go powder my vagina lol

Your dam right there man. Any grows I've done in the summer have had serious problems. I'm hoping the insulation and bigger fans are going to help. 

Did you run rdwc up in your loft? If so what was the noise levels like? I've been watching hygro hybrid on the tube flat out and thinking about building 4 of my oxypots into a rdwc system. And a scrog frame. Just don't want to go into the expense/effort of it all to turn it on and it's too noisy. 

Can't wait to see how the boards perform. I know you were a bit of a tough cookie to crack when it came to led's. I hope I can manage them as well as yourself. That last grow was lethal! So much so I went and got myself 2 packs of The New. 

:bong:

Edited by The Padawan
  • Like 4

How big is the structural opening of your studwork @The Padawan

I'm a chippie by trade, il be able to help you once I know the opening size

Edited by runninwivscissors

• 3 months later...

Looking good mate, I’ve been planning something similar in my attic soon to be getting underway I will start a new post so you can all follow the journey and progress 

have you any recent pictures of how you baby’s are doing up there?

stay happy 

• 2 months later...