Building a groom in the loft.

The Padawan

Cheers for looking in @HEMPFRUIT

The raised floor was fitted by my uncle about 10 years ago. We fitted all those timbers so they aren't load bearing. 

When I fitted the floor I laid beams across the rafters then the floor on top. All joins in the flooring met half way on the beam below. If that makes sense 

:bong:

My mate who used to be a roofer also came up and gave me the does and don'ts before I started. 

• Like 2

Just now, HEMPFRUIT said:

Arhh that's sweet then mate just thought I'd give it a shout just in case  :yinyang:

Cheers man. Appreciate it. Safety is paramount. It's hovering over me an the missus. lol

• Like 1

Anything 150w will veg, we have 4000k cobs in soon that will do well and are cheap.

Nice project to have going, if you cut the insulation at a slight angle, its easier to fit as any excess you can take off with a Stanley, it also helps keep it wedged in place.

• Like 6

Looking awesome mate. Hope you got your extraction for two rooms sorted. Those LED lights are producing some big buds for some. Looking forward to seeing it come together. What plants are you going to grow? 1m height isn't too big so I presume some bending will be needed.

• Like 2

@ROCKSTEADY6 cheers man. It'll be 1.7m tall in the middle. The oxypots eat into the height quite a bit. I've been mainlining my last few grows and it seems to be working out for me height wise. But yes. It'll be a full on bondage room lol

I'm gonna run separate extraction for each room. I've got the veg room sorted. Just the flower room to make up my mind on. 

I've been kindly offered my choice of dinafem beans to christen the new room. Not sure what to go for. Maybe purps#1. Or maybe put it to a vote lol

Cheers @diyleduk I'll keep my eye out for them arriving. Cutting 100mm insulation board by yourself ain't the easiest thing to do lol but that's a good tip on angling it. Why did I not ask this before I started. 

:bong:

• Like 2

Just now, ROCKSTEADY6 said:

Sorry mate got your build and @MidlandGrow  builld mixed up height wise. My memory doesn't work like it used to. 

I've noticed this happen quite a few times on this site. People forgetting stuff and getting mixed up. Wonder why that could be? Nout to do with the amount of weed we consume :g:

lol

• Like 4

Got round to finishing off the insulation board today. I also started to frame up for the doors to each room but I'm still undecided on size. Is smaller better for containing pressure/smells or does it not really matter? Id like as big a door as possible for the flower room. I also plan to frame behind the door and use draught insulation to seal it up tight.

Ill hopefully be starting to plasterboard over the weekend. If not Im off on monday anyway so I can get stuck into it then.

Starting to shape up now

large.IMG_20190712_161027.jpg

This will be the veg room with the door in the middle

large.IMG_20190712_160841.jpg

Then this will be the entrance on the right hand side to the flower room

large.IMG_20190712_160958.jpg

Still plenty to do but at least I'm chipping away at it.

Have a good weekend folks

:haveadab:

• Like 17

@The Padawan this is coming along very nicely mate :yep:

In regards to your door question the size isn’t  really going to matter much as long as it’s tightly sealed once it’s closed and your extraction is adequate for the size of your room then you should be golden.

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, MidlandGrow said:

Looking good mate.

Very tidy work space too!

24 minutes ago, ROCKSTEADY6 said:

Yeah fucking buddy. It's a beast of a space. 

Thanks fellas. 

15 minutes ago, Jstaff said:

@The Padawan this is coming along very nicely mate :yep:

In regards to your door question the size isn’t  really going to matter much as long as it’s tightly sealed once it’s closed and your extraction is adequate for the size of your room then you should be golden.

Cheers man. I was hoping that. I'd like good access to the flower room. 

:yinyang: