Building a groom in the loft.

The Padawan

Cheers @tokenroll might take a while but at least its started. 

@GreenVision fuckin hell man now that's a sight to behold. Lovely job.

Sorry thought you were talking about the new system you've set up :smokin:

• Like 1

@Jon Clobert built a room within a room in his loft a few years back and is still going strong.  And take note of @icki loft growing safety tips. lol I think one of his main ones was get a tap plumbed in up there to save hauling water up a ladder.

• Like 2

Nice one @grooving I remember seeing that loft build before a while back but couldn't remember who done it or where I'd seen it.

Thanks

16 hours ago, grooving said:

@Jon Clobert built a room within a room in his loft a few years back and is still going strong.  And take note of @icki loft growing safety tips. lol I think one of his main ones was get a tap plumbed in up there to save hauling water up a ladder.

Not fitting that fucking tap was life changing...lolI can look back and smile now but its taken a few years mind.

@icki I spent a good few years doing this, dropping a bucket off the ladder ain’t much fun, stairs looked like a fucking waterfall 

:wallbash:

• Like 2

12 litres of water on the landing and a broken ankle.Light beaming out the loft and an ambulance incoming.Absolute mare.2 years of work all over a fucking tap.I had all the gear there for it just never plumbed it in.:stoned:

Piping water up there must be one of the best things I did. Very difficult trying to be discreet when shifting silly amounts of bottles back and forward every day.

• Like 4

@ROCKSTEADY6 sorry bud. Loving the rosin too much lately lol 

It was ridiculously hot up there last week. I tried to do some work but i felt like the miners from Chernobyl. Sweat was fuckin lashing off me

I managed to get the floor down and i laid out some timber to mock up a floor plan of what I'm looking for. This layout will get me a 1.2m2 flower room and a veg room ( where the drill is ) the same size as the tent i have now 1.2mx0.6m

large.IMG_20190626_154114.jpg

All materials have been ordered this morning and will be here friday.

2x2 x 4.8m lath x 8

2.4x1.2 100mm insulation board x 5

2.4x1.2 plasterboard x 6

All in was £240 delivered

Im off next week so should get a good rattle at it then all being well

@icki I can see how easy that happened. I normally take 25/30 litres up in one go and have drowned myself many a time. A tap is def the way forward. Ill have to get that sussed out

Also seen someone on here with a Mabo automatic fire extinguisher. If your groom hits over 84 degrees C it automatically goes off. Look them up on the tube. They look like some bit of kit. Ill be investing in one for added piece of mind.

:yinyang:

• Like 7

Finally got round to doing a bit of work instead of spending money. Im off most of the week so time to make some progress. I also have ordered a 550watt Quantum board from our glorious creater of the lumens in the sky. ALL hail @diyleduk lol I will also need to grab a veg light off you at some stage. What would you recommend for a 1.2x0.6m room?

This is def the biggest DIY project I've attempted to date. Honestly didn't know where to start this morning. Ive been watching loads of videos and looking at shit loads of pics of loft conversions. But nothing beats just getting stuck in. Coffee and a dab and I was set to go.

Started off by fitting some uprights. Then started measuring and cutting the insulation board for the roof. Fuck thats one messy job. None of them fitted and i had to run the saw down them to get them in. I was white from head to toe. 

I started fixing some batons for my walls also

large.IMG_20190708_153314.jpg

large.IMG_20190708_195723.jpglarge.IMG_20190708_195729.jpglarge.IMG_20190708_195710.jpg

large.IMG_20190708_195904.jpg

Tomorrow I will work on the insulation for the walls and see how i get on

If anything is looking shit or just wrong, please shout

:yinyang:

Edited by The Padawan
  • Like 12

Love the effort that's going into this.  That's an excellent space and good workmanship.  I look forward to seeing it in action...:thumsup:

• Like 1

Hey @The Padawan  nice project...when you say you removed the raised floor did you remove the crossbeams?( Inpic4 I think) I maybe missing something as hard to see from pics but are you sure not structural they look like your cross beams tieing in your roof to prevent spread..like i said  can't really tell from pics just thought I'd mention becuase if is will defiantly need some extra timbers :yinyang: