Building a groom in the loft.

The Padawan

• 3 weeks later...

Hows it going all?

I managed to get some spare time yesterday so got another few jobs ticked off the list. I have given the walls 2 coats of brilliant white paint during the week. I picked up some foam underlay sheets and an off cut of lino that the guy gave me for a tenner

Firstly I gave the room a clear out and a good brush first

large.IMG_20191102_143331.jpg

Then I fitted the foam underlay, followed by the lino. Im hoping this will help with both insulation and noise reduction from any vibrations that may come from the dwc pots.

large.IMG_20191102_144949.jpglarge.IMG_20191102_150239.jpg

Ill pick up some skirting during the week and finish it off properly

For the roof I cut strips of marine ply and screwed them to the I beam timber and the two laths that I've fixed to the roof joists. I plastered up the edges and will paint once it sets.

large.IMG_20191102_163851.jpg

I got the 18mm ply for the doors as the boys recommended, cut them to size and hung. I was actually surprised as to how well they fitted. I thought was gonna struggle with this bit as I'm no tradesman and it aint exactly plum or level! But Im more than happy with them

large.IMG_20191102_180258.jpg

I will build a sub frame behind them during the week to block out the light around the edges and panel off the top so the door closes tight to it, if that makes sense lol

The new environment maker is on its way also. 

large.1572633399671.jpg

8 inch Hyperfan for out take with a Carboair filter 200/660/60 1700m3

6 inch Hyperfan for intake

Hyperfan controller

10m of acoustic ducting

Fast clamp

Rope ratchets ( Ill be using chain instead)

Should be here by tuesday so I can start laying it all out with the LED's to see where Im gonna hang it all.

Thanks for looking

:haveadab:

• Like 10

@Openairbud Thanks man

The new toys have arrived :punk:

large.IMG_20191106_193732.jpg

The filter is a fuking beast of a thing. I had planned on using hook screws fixed into the marine ply roof. With everything suspended by chain. Now I'm kinda nervous lol The missus will def have to give me a hand installing this thing 

The door has now been finished and painted on the inside.

large.IMG_20191105_153701.jpg

Ill pick up the screws tomorrow and start hanging the equipment. Theres 4 new oxypots and a new Haliea air pump on the way now too. I near forgot I've nothing to grow in as I've a grow going in my tent at the minute. There's 3 oxypots in there. I will hopefully fit 5/6 in my new groom with 1/2 spare for doing water changes. But for my first grow ill be running with 4.

• Like 10

• 3 weeks later...

I've finally got round to getting the lights and extraction fitted this evening. I've screwed eyebolts into the timbers and used chains to hang it all. I've been playing about with filter location over the last few days. Not an easy one man job. It's been up and down about 10 times. By fuck she's a beast. I think how I have it is as good as it's gonna get. Other than having it outside the groom and blowing through it. 

large.IMG_20191126_183117-3340x4453.jpglarge.IMG_20191126_185318.jpg

Next job is the intake fan

• Like 15

• 1 month later...

Been toying with the idea of building a room but in terms of how much I grow, its probably not necessary and the tent should be fine. Then I see these threads and I'm inspired to do it anyway! Since starting growing, I've picked up a new found love of building shit. This would keep me happy for months haha. Good job man, what a beauty.

That's the filter monster from the deep. What a beast!

• 2 weeks later...

@Hammo44 it's a beast indeed. You should have seen the state of me trying to hang it by myself lol

Thanks man

@_Jamie_ it's still lying empty :crybaby:

I'm waiting on a spark to come and wire it up for me. He's promised me next weekend so hopefully I'll have her up and running very soon. 

:badass:

• Like 2