What A Lot Of Pot ...

Diverse comp this ..a lot of different grow techniques being used very interested to see what happens in a dwc grow I have high expectation ...no pressure  lol

I keep forgetting to update about my ogkz#2 ( not in the pot noddle) she's a bit of a mutant  when you said "odds signs" I'm wondering if you have similar  ? 

Although mine looked quite deformed early on  compared to yours..

Good luck with the comp :yep:

• Like 2

On 12/10/2019 at 5:42 PM, Medicated said:

So, on the slow down now for winter so it was time to get off the starting line.

3x seeds put into the  propagator  to wake these little ladies up - left them for 3 days and only one decided to come out to play. Not sure why the others kept on hibernating but maybe they were just not in the mood, women... :P

Did a little more mucking about with flow tests and put a few more holes into the PotNoodle nursery tank, added a super small air stone for later on in the grow.

large.IMG_0899.JPEG

So one popped open and was transported directly into the DWC pot.

The next day she was going strong, had broken surface and raced up.

large.IMG_0919.JPG

A few days later she shed her shell but hacked off her left leaf in doing so, I was away and came back to the the below :wallbash:

large.IMG_0920.JPG

Not undeterred, shes now named "Lucky" and beginning to show some odd signs but lets just watch and wait to see what happens.

large.IMG_0917.JPEG

Using a combo of GHE Nutes this time around, PH/Temp/PPM bang on so sitting on my hands right now!

Anyone else doing a Micro DWC - must go and back read the last few months of posts - Has the "King" been intolerable ??? :rofl:

This has the potential to be a blast and a very creative idea ;)

We have had another OGKZ in this competition that did the same and cut of one cotyledon leaf as she was emerhinh from her shell  :)

"Lucky" looks to be bouncing back a treat  :yep:

Time to get this thread rocking with this micro DWC system  :headbang:

Until next time  :cheers:

Kind regards 

Mark..

Edited by HSO-Mark
  • Like 2

Thanks Mark, shes definately a runt but a lucky one aye.

What a difference a Week makes huh, she was a bit sad so gave here a little more PPM in her solution and that seems to have done the trick - the growth this week alone is way out there!

Started root pruning on Tuesday which seems not have caused any shock at all, in fact It looks like its stimulated growth, really need to keep on top of this as already shes looking like the king pot DWC is going to get full real fast - will be risking more than 10% pruning on the root next week -lets see how Lucky reacts. 

large.Capture.JPG

Not sure if I'm going to trim or just LST - will see how she is in a week or so.

Roots and DWC pics later after I wake her up from her afternoon nap :naughty:

• Like 4

On 20/10/2019 at 7:41 PM, Medicated said:

Roots are doing well...

large.Capture.JPG

So glad she's looking quite healthy - getting stronger every day.

large.Capture2.JPG

Crazy growth over the last week, She's kicked into gear now ;)

Happy and healthy rootzone buddy, can't wait to watch this one :headbang:

Until next time  :cheers:

Kind regards 

Mark..

• Like 2

OH No - Poor Lucky!!!!

Just got back from being out in the field for a few days to a very unlucky Lucky! Looks like the airpump had a hissy fit and went south.

Air pump replaced but I have no idea when it failed, shes looking very unhappy - hoping she will push through :(

large.Capture.JPG

I also checked the roots, I took another 10% away Tuesday evening before I had to leave, the amount of growth in two days is crazy - She will outgrow the PotNoodle DWG soon so will have to flick her schedule soon as shes recovered from being drowned!

• Like 3

On 24/10/2019 at 2:29 PM, Medicated said:

OH No - Poor Lucky!!!!

Just got back from being out in the field for a few days to a very unlucky Lucky! Looks like the airpump had a hissy fit and went south.

Air pump replaced but I have no idea when it failed, shes looking very unhappy - hoping she will push through :(

large.Capture.JPG

I also checked the roots, I took another 10% away Tuesday evening before I had to leave, the amount of growth in two days is crazy - She will outgrow the PotNoodle DWG soon so will have to flick her schedule soon as shes recovered from being drowned!

Give her a few days and I'm confident she will bounce back then it's flower time  :headbang:

How's she looking today mate @Medicated?

Kind regards  :cheers:

Mark..

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 29/10/2019 at 9:09 PM, HSO-Mark said:

Give her a few days and I'm confident she will bounce back then it's flower time  :headbang:

How's she looking today mate @Medicated?

Kind regards  :cheers:

Mark..

Morning Mark and the rest of you lot out there!

Apologies for the super late response, posted away with work again, grrr.

All going well, took the below pics from last week, a few issues with the nutes but got that squared away now, shes completely root-bound in the pot and I cant get the bloody king pot away from the basket so shes just going to have to cope all couped up in there :) 

Flipped her on Friday, thank the gods for my automation as I'm away from home most days at the moment so my code is pretty much her carer for now with me popping my head in now and then when I'm about.

From my cam shes looking good - stretching well and looks like shes going to be quite a sizeable lady after stretch - on par with many Autos I have grown in the past so hopeful of a king-sized Crop (watch your back Vince :P - she may be a king slayer!).

Will be pushing up the ppm this weekend and will have to add some more drainage holes into the pot but apart from that - all systems go looking good for a crazy outcome.

as mentioned - A few pics from last weekend below, I'll be home this weekend so will update with some stretch updates then!

large_pic1.JPGlarge_pic2.JPG

• Like 4

Just got back to a happy lady :smokin: Shes been on her own for 4 days, i should go away more often (no thanks).

No clue what week this is but will be bumping up nutes tomorrow - 250 more ppm should give her a push.

Looks like shes just going to make the finish line before Xmas, shes got a great smell, better check my filtering...

large.IMG_0997.jpeg

• Like 4

On 15/11/2019 at 9:08 PM, Medicated said:

Just got back to a happy lady :smokin: Shes been on her own for 4 days, i should go away more often (no thanks).

No clue what week this is but will be bumping up nutes tomorrow - 250 more ppm should give her a push.

Looks like shes just going to make the finish line before Xmas, shes got a great smell, better check my filtering...

large.IMG_0997.jpeg

Are you now in 12/12 buddy? 

Defitely one of the bigger girls in the PNC. Should be a pretty sight in full bloom ;)

Can't wait  :bong:

Kind regards 

Mark..

• Like 2

Aye @HSO-Mark, she is indeed 12/12 now, shes getting bushier still and stretching like mad, LST from tomorrow when I get home.

I think shes going to produce some lovely trikes - she smells soooo good :)

• Like 2

Ok you lot this ones turning from Lucky the lill runt to Lucky fat chops...

Dont ask what day/week it is  (ok its a Monday :P) - though 2 weeks into 12/12, shes looking very strong but now concerned that I cant get the damn pot noodle pot off her, shes def root bound but hoping shes not going to start strangling her self in there which is my only worry.

LST with a few APC practice rounds I had hanging around - good weight and can just hang them on the stems, will be more aggressive and will be starting to prune her lower 1/3 next week.

Though I must say shes looking mighty fine for such a tight lil rootball, bloody good genetics - she smells wonderful!

large.Capture.JPG

• Like 3

Alright there @Medicated

Not looking too bad at all mate, out of interest what are you feeding her? And how much is she taking?  

Surely your on it more than once a day by now, but I would be interested to hear.

All Hail The King :notworthy:

Take it easy. Jj :skin_up:

• Like 1

On 25/11/2019 at 8:17 PM, Medicated said:

Ok you lot this ones turning from Lucky the lill runt to Lucky fat chops...

She's made a total 180 mate ;)

Now she's in bloom she's thriving :)

Can't wait to watch this one conclude  :yep:

Kind regards 

Mark..

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

She has mate - completely - until the pump died while I was away... :(

I only thing a few days of no water but the damage was done as you can see from the pics below.

Anyhow got a new pump (thanks for staying open late mystery shop that saved Lucky's life) and after tough love trimming her back shes now going great guns - shes put on so much weight!

Some before, and after pics large.Capture.JPGlarge.IMG_1022.jpeglarge.IMG_1020.jpeglarge.Capture1.JPG

• Like 3