shite germ rates

scot_ganj

10 fast diesel 

12 mazar

10 fire99 

the one cell that has nothing in it poped a few days laterlarge.D1FE4E2B-6F96-45D0-B817-22507EAD97D8.pnglater

Edited by Rufas
  • Like 8

11 hours ago, panik said:

Im not sure I understand this so did you receive mazar and amnesia in the same pack??? as we don't ship seeds like that , it would either be 6 mazar or 6 amnesia , and I take it you mean Auto's, 

we also have an email contact via the website mate , don't need 50 posts there 

Aye yes 2x3 packs of autos. They were fat beans much larger than hfh seeds but some didn't want to pop. I use the paper towel in a plastic tub method and then tweezers into soil

I am not saying how many of paniks beans we are doing, but only had 1 fast diesel not show....I got 13 in a 12 pack, so who fucking cares

RGSC beans imo, have given us the best germ rates we have had....say no more

:yep:

• Like 11

Yea same here mate great germ rates. Once i got them in the post i whack them in the fridge till im ready for them, germ rates have never been poor

• Like 2

22 hours ago, thekingofobsolete said:

heres my method been doing it a while,

get about 15 sheets of plain bogroll,then get a litre of tepid water,to this add half a teaspoon full of bleach domestos for the win. :yep:

soak the bogroll on a plate or saucer with the solution,then place your seeds on there and fold it over make them all cwtched in see :yep: place them in a ziplock bag in the airing closet nice + hot and dark,48 hours later they will be ready to grow,sometimes takes a day or 2 longer,with me if a seed aint popped within 4 / 6 days i dont grow them. :stoned:

That my technique apart from I use my own spit instead of bleach

12 minutes ago, B-real said:

That my technique apart from I use my own spit instead of bleach

horses for courses :yep:

On 6/12/2019 at 10:10 PM, thekingofobsolete said:

get about 15 sheets of plain bogroll,then get a litre of tepid water,to this add half a teaspoon full of bleach domestos for the win. :yep:

soak the bogroll on a plate or saucer with the solution,then place your seeds on there and fold it over make them all cwtched in see :yep: place them in a ziplock bag in the airing closet nice + hot and dark,48 hours later they will be ready to grow,sometimes takes a day or 2 longer,with me if a seed aint popped within 4 / 6 days i dont grow them. :stoned:

Yea it does also help with a full moon in the sky and jupiter saturn and uranus are in conjunction. Andrex bogroll is much superior imo it improves the germ rates 66%, except on saturday morning when ive been eating curry 

• Like 5

I was germing in a paper towel with a decent result, I was getting a decent result once I planted sprouted seeds into compost, I stopped using paper towels started putting seeds straight into compost now i'm getting a perfect result

• Like 2

To be honest I use the paper towel technique and I had 1 lemonade og not germ and 1 critical amnesia not germ gave them a little persuasion and they pop but only grew an inch long root and when i put them in the pots they never sprouted and they just died so I don't think it's the technique I used.:skin_up:

@Rufas  Are they the haxnicks root training cells you're using there? If so how do you find them? I've been considering trying some for cubeless cloning?

On 6/12/2019 at 10:10 PM, thekingofobsolete said:

Never heard of using bleach to help germinate???

• Like 1

I've used most methods mentioned here but don't see any more of a germ rate than using soil, I've planted in soil for a couple of decades or so. Last seeds were straight into a H&G batmix and no issues there.

Way before seeds were sold in the UK I would often plant up the bagseeds and was recipient of seeds off a local dealer who was gentleman enough to remove most seeds.

I'd scatter seeds and have had a few surprises with scattered seeds germinating and taking root.  

All the main seed companies will test those seeds. They have to before they release any variety. They look for uniformity, germ rates of course and a basic THC count.

Just be careful were you buy seeds from. Scammers do exist in the seed world, I'd stick to buying direct or from a reputable distributor.

I’ve popped quite a few seeds from RGSC and have had decent germ rates, only problem was one pack of Zkittzo, 3 out of 6 popped which in my opinion is just the way it goes sometimes, no big deal! 

I ran a diary so @panik saw this and sent me straight out another pack, top customer service, I wasn’t even expecting another pack, like I said it’s just the way it goes sometimes and was probably my fault.

• Like 3

Has anybody tried the aloe vera impregnated super soft bog roll?  All the folks round here are raving about it.  It's amazing!  For arse wiping.

For seeds use soil!

• Like 6