Your fishing day

Owderb

Guest Peppi
no I cant complain peppi, even the fish need to get their fin over :D

357045[/snapback]

owderb

its probably better in a way coz in a week or two they should get there heads down after spawning thats when ill be there waiting and hopefully have some before the summer sets in and they just lie around sun bathing to be honest carp and warm weather dont mix ive found that my best hits have come later in the year say sep,oct,nov what we do is bait all year then start to increase the bait as the naturals start to die off

peppi :D

ya right there matey.We were talking about that earlier and we said the same.Although some of the bream are already red with sores after cleaning most have yet to spunk.

So we said give it a fortnight and they will be ravonous.

When it gets really warm we tend to fish the carp puddles cos they feed all the time :D

Then Come September back on the bream.

I have just booked in to a three day festival at Ferry Meadows Peterborough at the end of July which is being sponsered and is going in the mags.

Should be some big money to win and ive won opens there before so a couple of good draws and who knows. ;)

tight lines Owd :D

Oh and i'm going on safari wi me dad in june but weve booked 5 days on diani beach in mombasa to do some sport and game fishing......Cant wait ;)

Edited by Owderb

Guest Peppi
Oh and i'm going on safari wi me dad in june but weve booked 5 days on diani beach in mombasa to do some sport and game fishing......Cant wait :headpain:

357068[/snapback]

is right matey !

bet that will be something else what you fishing for there ? i always fancied a go at shark fishing or marlin or something

were gonna need a bigger boat ! :headpain:

peppi :wassnnme:

I'm not sure the marlin are in them waters the time we go but shark and other big uns are. yellowfin tuna, broadbill, kingfish, wahoo, barracuda, dorado, giant trevally, rainbow runner, sailfish to name a few........Superb hopefully.

As long as I get one on that tries to pull me over the side i'll be happy :wassnnme:

And to pull 18st overboard is gonna have to be a big un :headpain:

Guest Peppi

hi all

well i went fishing tonight i didnt catch any thing but i seen something ive heard of but never seen myself and a mate were watching a female mallard with 2 chicks in the margins as the birds started to move out into the lake i said to my mate it wouldnt take a big pike to eat one off them to which he replyed then there was a strike at the top and the older duck kicked of then there was only one chick left yep it was taken by a pike in the blink of a eye

as the saying goes seeing is believing

peppi :yinyang:

decided to leave the res alone and went to have a day on the pole on one of the commercials.When I arrived I had the pick of the pegs cos there was no-one there.I couldnt believe it cos it was a crackin day.

Anyway I fished the pellet for 6 hrs and finished with between 80 and 100lb of carp to 12lb and a solitary tench :war:

To sum up!

lovely weather,lovely fishing,lovely weed,and lovely peace and quiet. :guitar:

Marvellous :spliff:

sounds like a great day mate.

I've been toying with the idea of going (not been this season) but everytime I mention it something comes up.. bah..

I'm gonna do it next week.. I really am. So long as it's not half term. :spliff:

GL

hi all :(

Just call me golden bollux at the mo cos Ive just got back from the res where ive had 16 bream to 5lb. :(

Although some fish have still to spawn alot have had their fin over and have done cleaning.

Did nothing special,in fact plain old bream tactics.Castors,halibut pellet,squatt through the feeder with worm and maggot hookbait.I did use my black groundbait cos the water is going clear but a bit of rain will do it no harm. ;)

I fished at the side of a big tumble down tree and the birds in there were a nice sight.I saw a couple of Robins that I fed all day cos they stayed with me the full 6hrs,yellow wagtail,tree creeper and a bird I aint seen for ages and that was a mistle thrush. ;)

Oh nearly forgot....The hindu kush skunk and P99 were lovely :unsure:

Owd :unsure:

sounds like a crcking day mate :unsure: im gona have to make some time soon to wet a line bought my licences and not been out yet. wil have to get some practise in before the gloaruos 16th.dont wont to lose that big barbel that i know lives under a sunken tree in me fav swim :(:unsure:

sounds like a perfect day there Owderb, wish i coiuld get some bream round here, last 2 years ago we used to pull them out throughout the night, but not even a sniff now :guitar:

Guest south east toker
sounds like a crcking day mate  :wub: im gona have to make some time soon to wet a line bought my licences and not been out yet. wil have to get some practise in before the gloaruos 16th.dont wont to lose that big barbel that i know lives under a sunken tree in me fav swim :unsure:  :yinyang:

361945[/snapback]

is there still a closed season for barbel fishing then? i thought this was scrapped years ago,can remember waiting on the 16th of june tho itching to thro a line!

s.e.t :unsure:

Ay up SET.

There is still a closed season on rivers and most canals but they are trying to make it all year round fishin.

However on the Derwent you are still allowed to fish it cos of the trout but with only bomb and worm,no maggots groundbait etc. :yinyang:

Stupid really cos the rivers become unfishable to a certain extent around November cos of floods etc.Then when they become fishable again in March/April its the bloody closed season.So in effect youve only got 4 or 5 decent months to fish it.This is why river fishing has took a big slide in popularity and fishing clubs have folded. :unsure:

Sorry to go on but its a bit complicated and a bit silly in my view. :wub:

Owd :unsure:

Guest BushBandicoot

I was off fishing today, after brown trout, sea trout, late springers or early grilse :yinyang:

Caught bugger all mind you :ouch:

But it was a lovely day and I was happy lol