Your fishing day

Owderb

i'm waiting till the bank holiday is over cos where i want to go it will be full of kids. ;)

So tuesday for me for a session of carpin on the pole.

Dont want non of that thunder shit ;)

Guest Peppi
i'm waiting till the bank holiday is over cos where i want to go it will be full of kids. :woot:

So tuesday for me for a session of carpin on the pole.

Dont want non of that thunder shit ;)

351576[/snapback]

yep your right there matey chocka with kids making noise all night then the thunder started at 4 am been up since then one fish

should have stayed at home dry but never mind thats fishing

peppi ;)

Guest south east toker

:woot: as soon as it clears up a little im off down our local lakes tooled up with sweetcorn/chick pea/ and maggot...reports of some nice big dustpanlid like bream being caught,the slime on them tho.... ;)

s.e.t ;)

Guest Peppi
:woot:  as soon as it clears up a little im off down our local lakes tooled up with sweetcorn/chick pea/ and maggot...reports of some nice big dustpanlid like bream being caught,the slime on them tho.... ;)

s.e.t  ;)

351871[/snapback]

had some mega bream myself whilst fishing a lake called redesmere in the north its known as a carp water but holds some big fish of other species to but the bream have to be seen to be belevied i had one bout nine pound on the bank i was like that to me mate look at the size of this etc i geezer along the bank rekoned that it wasnt even a big one compared to the others

peppi lol

ps today looks good it may thunder later ;)

Guest south east toker

:sorry: sucess! not the big dustpanlid bream i was after.....few skimmers/roach & perch...not one run on the carp rod to many kids chucking what seemed like 10lb swim feeders in with a weeks shoping inside! maybe try again tomoz when its a little more peaceful! tight lines!

s.e.t :blub:

Well i prepared me pellets,got the pole gear sorted and then got a nice peg out of the wind. :ninja:

Set up,and me and my mate who fished the feeder on the next peg cast out and that was the fookin good day ended for me.

I cupped 8 balls out with pellet lit a spliff in anticipation and the bastard wind changed.My pole turned into a fookin viper,it was all over the shop and to make things worse my mate was baggin. :unsure:

I'd been sat there struggling for 4 hrs without a bite when another mate turned up for a chat.I was gettin cold by now so my mate says let me have a go while you get warm in the shelter.

He didnt even change the worm I had on and the bastard float sailed away and he got a bream.He gave me the pole back and fookin nothin.I did finally get 2 small hybrids and a perch.

I gave up after the perch and packed in cos a perch is usually the kiss of death on the res.When I left my mate had had 10 bream for around 30lb. :ermm:

Ah well,roll on high pressure startin Monday and gettin rid of these bastard northerly's.

Tight lines...Owd :lucky:

done some fly fishing for salmon before, also some sea fishing which is nuts stoned in a gale. :wassnnme:

Guest Peppi

hi all

dont know if anyone has seen this ????? http://www.moonstrike.co.uk/home.html

its info on fish feeding times which coinside with moon phases its a very intresting read check it out theres some good stuff to do with weather etc

peppi :thumsup:

ps hope the link is ok with mods

Edited by Peppi

Guest south east toker

two birds sitting on a perch and one says to the other can you smell fish?

s.e.t :thumsup:

• Like 1

Guest Peppi
two birds sitting on a perch and one says to the other can you smell fish?

s.e.t  :smoke:

353476[/snapback]

just waiting for the drum roll matey bum! bum! lol

peppi :thumsup:

Has anyone tried fly fishing for pike? Great sport.

I do a lot of fly fishing for trout and salmon also. As I live close to the ocean I go sea fishing a lot, the mackerel will be in around the coast soon so I'm looking forward to that, not that you can call that fishing, it's just a case of casting out a rig of feathers and hauling them in five or six at a time.

I think that they are a very underestimated fish, taste wise. If eaten on the same day they are caught there is nothing compares to them in my opinion.

Good for the freezer also and they make great bait for, pike or deep sea fishing.

Has anyone got any good recipes for pike?

to many bones in pike..?

Stick with Bass "The King of Fish" coming up the channel soon so get those gills ready and motor out to the wrecks.

Thanks Maj. Cannabis looking forward to trying some of them.

There is a way to fillet and bone pike that gets rid of most of the bones Rollem Up.