Your fishing day

Owderb

hi everyone

I have been going to do this for a while.

Just thought seeing that there are a few maggot drowners around i,d put a post up for peeps to tell us about their fishing escapades.

There must be some great stories from the past and more to come in the future

TIGHT LINES ;)

• Like 3

Guest Peppi
hi everyone

I have been going to do this for a while.

Just thought seeing that there are a few maggot drowners around i,d put a post up for peeps to tell us about their fishing escapades.

There must be some great stories from the past and more to come in the future

TIGHT LINES  :yinyang:

346103[/snapback]

hi owderb

seen some funny sights while fishing one of the funniest was one night my self and a mate were out carp fishing in a major storm i mean it was hammering down . me and me mate are both sat in my bivvi he turns to me and says wouldnt it be a bastard if your alarm went now you now wot happens next his alarm starts to scream out in the storm so he jumps up and runs to his rods falling in a bed of nettles along the way

ouch !!!!!!!

he plays the fish right into the edge at which point i jump out of the bivvi to net it

it comes of at the net by this time me mate is soaked to the skin we both run for the bivvi and sit down as soon as me mate sits down the other rod is of so out he goes again into the storm this fish he lands its a sixteen pound mirror carp me mate then has to strip of naked and put a all in one thermal suit ive never laughed so much in years the next morning as we are leaving the lake we are walking up the bank with are tackle me mate says ouch wot the fuck is that i turn him round to find a 3-5 oz lead hanging from his arse attached to him by the hook stuck in his arse lovely

this is one of many ill post more up as i recall them

anyone else had any laughs while fishing ????

ps the same geezer once ate some boil up noodles on the bank and shit himself in the night out with the thermals again no bog roll so out with the copy of carp talk in the bushes :wassnnme:

love it !!!!!!:rolleyes:

peppi :wassnnme:

Edited by Peppi

Guest Peppi

by the way recently ive caught the following

pike of 22lbs,15lbs,10lbs and several smaller which didnt get weighed this was in one session !

and a new lake record mirror carp of 22lbs (not in the same session)

happy days

peppi

well just got back from the res and i had 8 bream to 3.5lb which aint bad considering the time of year and the wind blowing the wrong way.

But i did get 4 spliffs in which was nice :smug:

Still got a slappin off my mate who had had 13 when i left. ;)

Still at least i smoked him under the table :guitar:

• Like 1

whilst trying to educate my lads in the art of spinning for pike one of them continually got the plug/spinner in the reeds at the edge of the river bank due to not lifting his rod up at the last few winds. I must have got him free 8 or 10 times, i was starting to get a bit pissed off with him not taking a blind bit of notice to what i was trying to teach him.

He reeled in and did it again and whilst i balanced procariously (sp) on a mat of reeds trying to unhook his snagged lure and complaining about his memory span being similar to that of a goldfish, my foot went thru the mat of reeds and sent me toppling over sideways on into the river. You should've seen their faces when i got out. I have never seen anyone try that hard not to piss em selves laughing.

I was absolutely gutted as i'd just rolled a nice single skin beanie and i'm afraid i had only just lit the fucker an all.

This ended our excursion rather abruptly and we had to walk back to the car past two anglers en route who also had a right good laugh at my expense.

'kin kids still rip the piss now.

ATB

BILB :smug:

I got caught short one day barbel fishing miles from no were the night after beer and a kebab and managed the squirt what seemed like boiling oil about three feet but luckily i all ways take bog roll with me because of something that happened when i was 8 and involved a beer towel i used to handle eels, :smug:

nice one owderb :smoke:

i aint really got any amusing stories, apart from chucking some kid in the canal to get my reel he managed to kick in when harassing me. he kept asking me to show him inside my keepnet whilst i was playing a fish, runs forward to see wot i was doing and kicks my spare reel into the canal. played the fish in (1.5lb roach btw :smug: ), unhooked and put it in my keepnet, then stood up, picked him up and chucked the little fucker in the canal and pointed a sharp bankstick at him until he managed to fish out my reel (excuse the pun). not too thrilling, but funny as fuck seeing his face mid-chuck into the canal :guitar:;)

punky

• Like 2

thats a fair old slab of a bream there m8. being brourght up with the river colne

on my doorstep as from a nipper mi old man used to take me to this special place

we used to catch good quality roach dace perch chub every fresh water fish you could think but i still fish this water and all you catch now is chub bream just like the one you had in ya pic and carp. but all good fish and in good nik. cut it short i was with my mate biff and i was trying to cast under this tree i got snagged a couple of times i just could not cast to were i wanted my baite? Brilliant idea put my ledger weight and my hook baite in my magapult and fire it under the tree leave of the bailarm leave it on the rod rest here we go bang, the No 6 hook ended up hanging out of the back of my thumb and i am screaming on all foors in pain and my mate biff was also screeming with lafter. it took 6 cans of beer and fek now's how many spliffs to get that hook out the back of my thumb still got the scar T.F.K.

Guest Peppi
A pic of my most treasured single fish...10lb 8oz bream caught last year

346472[/snapback]

owderb

thats a large bream youve had there matey well done on that fish !

its funny but a lot of anglers seem to be stoners

you cannot beat been by the water whilst stoned watching the lake and its diffrent moods throughout the day personally i love those misty dawns up at first light kettle on rolling a fatty love it !!!!

peppi :guitar:

peppi you are not wrong.Especially when we are well into the summer and its gettin to around 7 oclock.

Sat there watching (sorry staring) at the tip or float thinking"did i have a bite then or not".Never want it to get dark on them kinda evenings.Helps me relax no end. ;)

Oh by the way thats one hell of a canal carp mate. :guitar:

Well done ;)

Dont they hang on as Matt Hayes would say lol

Guest Peppi
peppi you are not wrong.Especially when we are well into the summer and its gettin to around 7 oclock.

Sat there watching (sorry staring) at the tip or float thinking"did i have a bite then or not".Never want it to get dark on them kinda evenings.Helps me relax no end. ;)

Oh by the way thats one hell of a canal carp mate. :guitar:

Well done :yinyang:

Dont they hang on as Matt Hayes would say lol

346700[/snapback]

hi owderb

yes i love the light nights myself i live 2 minutes from a half decent lake (its at the bottom of the road )its home from work food then down the street to the lake ive fished pretty much all my life with most of my adult life spent after carp recently ive been trying for pike and have had loads of fun down the street with pike the lake is full of em

i stumbled upon them by chance catching a 32lbs pike on a boilie whilst after the carp so then i went and got some deadbaits trebles etc and give it a go ive found a spot with no visible features which produces bite after bite these usually come within a hour or two then it stops very strange best ive had intentonally is 22lbs which im most impressed with as soon as the film is full ill post the pics up ere

fishing ?? love it !

peppi ;)

Edited by Peppi

Thats a clonker of a slab there mate well done :guitar:

ive been carp fishing a south cerney gravel pit for 3 years with bream to 14 lb ,and only had them to 7lb 14oz.I think a big bream is one of the hardest fish to catch

tokefish

If I was to class myself into one category it would be a bream open match angler.Ive been match fishing for years and love fishing for skimmers or slabs.

Anyway not far from us is a big country lake that you can buy a day ticket for.We were told that there were big bream in there but hardly any 10lb bream come out.Plenty of big carp,tench,and perch come out but not bream.

"7,8,9lbers,Ive had but not a ten in 4 years of fishing this place" I was told by a local.I'd always wanted a big un but on my very first visit got my fish which was weighed by a nearby bivvie basher.They couldnt believe it and neither could I.

I was as high as a kite for a couple of days. :guitar:

• Like 1

Guest Peppi
Thats a clonker of a slab there mate well done :yinyang:

ive been carp fishing a south cerney gravel pit for 3 years with bream to 14 lb ,and only had them to 7lb 14oz.I think a big bream is one of the hardest fish to catch

tokefish

346712[/snapback]

theres a lake on the warrington anglers card that does double figure bream to carp anglers on a regular basis this lake is a biggy at 53 acres i personally i know someone who had 10 double figure bream in a session after the carp (this isnt no it was that big story either) these captures are by chance as the bream anglers just dont seem to have the success he does

on a more serious note rubbish and line left on the bank troubles me

where i live the local lake is full of kids i dont have a problem with kids(have two myself the boy fishes also with me)fishing its just that im tired of cleaning up after them it seems there parents just send them out fishing to get some quiet which is sad really coz when i learnt to fish i was taught by my father(=quality time with father)

whereas now there just sent fishing without a clue what there doing then you end up with tackle and line up trees etc etc just the other week myself and a mate had to catch a swan and remove a hook from its leg the size of the hook was unreal it had attached to it some kitchen foil i think it was meant to be a lure of some desciption

on a lighter note heres a link to some intresting fishy stuff !!!!!!

http://www.moonstrike.co.uk/home.html

hope this is ok with mods

peppi ;)

Edited by Peppi