Your fishing day

Owderb

Guest south east toker

Mackrel fishing this summer on southends pier....a mile long be rude not to...light spinning rod with one feather attached....& bang they fight like mad or the beach cast loaded up with 12 feathers for the take home catch :blub: used to fish for trout all the time in scotland anyone ever gets the chance try the white cart in glasgow and the kelvin youll be pleasently surprised...and its free (the cart) think the kelvin beside the kelvin hall is a day ticket tho......tight lines ppl! s.e.t :puke:

Guest Peppi
Thanks Maj. Cannabis looking forward to trying some of them.

There is a way to fillet and bone pike that gets rid of most of the bones Rollem Up.

353920[/snapback]

i ate a jack pike once on the bank cooked on the fire on rod rests it was out of this world had them prepared proper at home nice but not as good as the rodrest one

peppi :woot:

Last time i cook Pike i made a Tomato Sauce with Onions,Garlic Oregano and Plumb Tomatoes, Cook onions with garlic then add herb and Tomato, Reduce(not boil) for about 25-30 mins. I cook the raw pike fillets which i cut up into cubes about 4inch, Actually in the sauce as i made it. Takes about 8-12 mins if done right!(Give it about 15-20 if not sure, The fish should be white and flaky and cooked all the way through) Be carefull as raw pike will end ya.

Nice Pike Provencal served with Fragrant Basmati Rice.

Though i must say i prefer Red Snapper to Pike with this dish. Also with this, drink a red Burgundy or a Pinot Noir.

Guest south east toker
Last time i cook Pike i made a Tomato Sauce with Onions,Garlic Oregano and Plumb Tomatoes, Cook onions with garlic then add herb and Tomato, Reduce(not boil) for about 25-30 mins. I cook the raw pike fillets which i cut up into cubes about 4inch, Actually in the sauce as i made it. Takes about 8-12 mins if done right!(Give it about 15-20 if not sure, The fish should be white and flaky and cooked all the way through) Be carefull as raw pike will end ya.

Nice Pike Provencal served with Fragrant Basmati Rice.

Though i must say i prefer Red Snapper to Pike with this dish. Also with this, drink a red Burgundy or a Pinot Noir.

354138[/snapback]

what he really meens is a fish supper and a bottle of bucky! so you can really eat pike :woot: im sure years ago while fowl hooking one on the river lea in edmonton some little kids said its a delicsy in the jewish comunity? anyone know about this?

s.e.t :woot:

Pike

Yeah it is SET it the dish GEFILTE FISH, there are two kinds of gefilte fish. The strong and the weak. The weak are your standard fish which are in a loose "broth" (it is actually the lake water). Now the strong are special. They seem to be in a "jell". These fish are actually imported from the Middle East where they are caught in the Dead Sea. They have to be strong to be able to swim through that "jell".

Guest Peppi
what he really meens is a fish supper and a bottle of bucky! so you can really eat pike  :puke:  im sure years ago while fowl hooking one on the river lea in edmonton some little kids said its a delicsy in the jewish comunity? anyone know about this?

s.e.t  :yinyang:

354147[/snapback]

i always remember me dad banging a jackie over the head to bring home to eat anyway we get home he gets it in the sink to clean guess what its still alive after bout 8 hours out of the water and a wacking lol

apprently the jewish community are fond of carp for the table and they were brought here by the romans for food

peppi :smoke:

Edited by Peppi

Just had a Flash to fishing in The Holy Loch Scotland(Dodging Nuclear Subs!)

Me and Fred X had not a bad day Though it was raining and a bit choppy we had a few joints and a couple of beers! Then Fred X gets a bite a big one! Then WHOOSH! the whole sea rod ripped outa his hands! He hooked a Seal!

Man it gave him some burns to his hands also lost his best rod! :yinyang:

Poor Seal.

Also know a guy who brought a pike home and thinking its dead he put it in his bath in water?? To clean it up later, He went back hours later and the thing nearly took his hand off! They say you could hear his wife scream in France! :smoke:

Edited by Maj.Cannabis

Guest Peppi

Me and Fred X had not a bad day Though it was raining and a bit choppy we had a few joints and a couple of beers! Then Fred X gets a bite a big one! Then WHOOSH! the whole sea rod ripped outa his hands! He hooked a Seal!

Man it gave him some burns to his hands also lost his best rod! :smoke:

Poor Seal.

Also know a guy who brought a pike home and thinking its dead he put it in his bath in water?? To clean it up later, He went back hours later and the thing nearly took his hand off! They say you could hear his wife scream in France! :puke:

354164[/snapback]

love it lol

yep the old pike are robust to say the least i had one the other week it was only small whilst unhooking it i managed to scrape my finger against its tooth wow those teeth are real sharp when people say there razor sharp they aint joking there was blood everywhere well off for a tetnus i had to go just to be safe as the lake is grotty and rat infested

bugger that hurt

peppi :yinyang:

Guest south east toker

Man it gave him some burns to his hands also lost his best rod! :smoke:

Poor Seal.

Also know a guy who brought a pike home and thinking its dead he put it in his bath in water?? To clean it up later, He went back hours later and the thing nearly took his hand off! They say you could hear his wife scream in France! :puke:

354164[/snapback]

lol not so long ago i was up visiting me old mum in cumbernauld and decided to jump on the bus thro to kirky to fish what 8 mile trip? into the wee tackle shop pint of maggots and a day ticket....another good half mile up the river to my fav spot started to set up......and guess what....no fricking reel!!! all that way for nothing with only a rtn ticket on the bus......the joys of fishing eh! :yinyang:

Nah sorry guys dont have any tips for filleting pike, i would maybe try taking them down the local fishmongers and asking them to look at it...They are the masters of filleting...

I always like to try and eat my fish whole baked in foil with an assortment of erbs and stuff, or cut into decent sized steaks (cod). Cant fillet for toffee so end up loosing most of the flesh

In NZ the Moaris prize the meat in the head of the fish as the best bit, but there again they are eating big snapper, kingfish, tuna and the like something with a decent football swallowing head on it... Not smelly old bottom feeders like carp

Yer the romans ate carp, but i think the monks over ere used to as well, thats why in a lot of castle and monestrys there is a lake within the walls where they used to farm the carp for dinner.. Oh and those swans werent there for show either...

Oh well hope you all have a great weekend hauling them out what ever species they are..

Tight lines and skunky bifters

the romans ate carp, but i think the monks over ere used to as well, thats why in a lot of castle and monestrys there is a lake within the walls where they used to farm the carp for dinner

Aye, the monks were the first to bring Carp to the UK.

I always find Pike taste very earthy, so i used to keep Jacks alive in a tank of tap water for a few days - gets rid of that earthy taste - same with eels :yinyang:

Guest Peppi
Aye, the monks were the first to bring Carp to the UK.

I always find Pike taste very earthy, so i used to keep Jacks alive in a tank of tap water for a few days - gets rid of that earthy taste - same with eels :puke:

354194[/snapback]

yes the earthy taste ! i find trout to be the same me dad is a avid flyfisherman does his own flys etc etc to be honest the earthy taste puts me off eating it its like eating a bag of compost

grayling on the other hand mmmmmmmmmmmm smells like cucumber when fresh from the water and tastes real good to and eels i wouldnt touch em with a barge pole disgusting creatures known by myself and fishing mates as satans knob :smoke:

hate them !

anyone eaten grayling ?

peppi :yinyang:

Edited by Peppi

I couldn't knock a Grayling on the noggin - such a nice fish that gives a good fight, & i don't see too many about. Used to catch lots on the River Teme years back :smoke:

I'm lucky enough to be living on a tidal river now, so will be throwing a few lures at the Sea Trout when they run up - And the Bass! Now that's a Mmmmmm :yinyang:

Guest Peppi
I couldn't knock a Grayling on the noggin - such a nice fish that gives a good fight, & i don't see too many about. Used to catch lots on the River Teme years back :yinyang:

I'm lucky enough to be living on a tidal river now, so will be throwing a few lures at the Sea Trout when they run up - And the Bass! Now that's a Mmmmmm :headpain:

354203[/snapback]

likewise matey

to be honest i wouldnt knock anything on the head nowdays

its catch and release all the way now days

peppi :wassnnme:

i don't see too many about. Used to catch lots on the River Teme years back smile.gif

I'm fortunate that the Derwent is thriving with lovely Grayling Bish :wassnnme:

so will be throwing a few lures at the Sea Trout when they run up - And the Bass! Now that's a Mmmmmm wink.gif

Now that i'd like on me doorstep you lucky man :headpain: