Russjackell

Ok I will say something ‘positive’ about the absolutely shite ‘summer’ 

only had to water a handful of times the whole season .. last year I nearly expired from exhaustion carting multiple tonnes of it to sites daily in the drought  

so not watering has been ‘easy’.. don’t even visit plots much 

Saying that I did break my back to store multiple reservoirs worth over the winter, which didn’t even need to use in the end ha swings and roundabouts 

@Aphatspliff sorry to hear bout your plot man. I know everybody always goes ‘it’s a part of the game’ and all this jazz.. true.. but it still sucks ass same way so hope ya other zones work out 

Was a bit of Sun today gone .. who knows .. anything can happen (stingray) not getting hopes and expectations up too much tho

but fuck ya gotta still enjoy it in some kinda way …

Rot fest 2023 (or maybe not… we’ll see).. happy salvaging 

good luck y’all 

Edited by Erbman T
  • Like 6

11 hours ago, Erbman T said:

Ok I will say something ‘positive’ about the absolutely shite ‘summer’ 

only had to water a handful of times the whole season .. last year I nearly expired from exhaustion carting multiple tonnes of it to sites daily in the drought  

so not watering has been ‘easy’.. don’t even visit plots much 

Absolutely this has been a Godsend. Indeed, looks like I might need to do water runs soon, no rain forecast for nearly a fortnight...!

• Like 5

It's been like Autumn here for a few days now but it's meant to brighten up over the weekend though.

It's been a SHIT summer this year. Fucking rots  pissed me off a tad 

• Like 8

On 26/08/2023 at 11:53 AM, Aphatspliff said:

one of my favourite plots this season has been trashed. All plants ripped out, cages kicked over and flexi tank slashed

Fuking hell mate what a cunt :wallbash:

Any idea what went down? You got a cam on this plot?

Hope the other plots get you out of trouble and bring home the bacon brother :v:

• Like 4

Had a feeling this season was gonna not be a banger!. Ain’t stopped raining round here two plots not gonna bother going back to or might just to clear them out two others are ok but the main two have rot all over the shop tried dealing with the rot but there a lost cause and not worth the hassle and walk shame but that’s the game sometimes you win some you don’t been a shit roll of the dice this season. Good luck to the rest of you finishing up your girls.:yinyang:

• Like 9

Land owners mate. It’s a cheeky one behind a 10ft fence with a return and 3 rows of barbed wire on top. No cam as didn’t have enough of them and felt this was the safest bet of them all. Certainly wouldn’t get any randoms or kids wandering about as it’s backed onto somewhere with security surrounded by miles of farmers fields. The little ‘traps’ I’d set on the gates hadn’t been disturbed for 2 years but it’s clear the gates have been opened and they’ve been in for a look. Probably gonna flatten the area off and build on it. Was neglected for years, but seems like every little bit of land is getting developed on round here, just a case of unlucky timing :yinyang:

• Like 8

@Aphatspliff, commiserations on the vandalism mate. I like your philosophical attitude t this, and I agree it is most likely the landowners that did it. Could be worse, at least the fuzz are not involved (I presume). So they're not grasses.

Solidarity to you. Hope you find a good alternative plot for next season. 

:yinyang:

• Like 3

Yea was particularly mingin yest

Everything damp as fook. With short but heavy showers thrown in occasionally. But what makes it so extra poop is that there’s no wind or even a breeze to give the baba’s a little blow dry… oh and of course no Sun but that’s just standard now 

Got a couple of Arnold’s creations ThaiKings6. About 2 & half to 3 weeks left on em.. has Serious 6, wildthailand Ryder + UEL in em… Was already starting to rot when I saw them Monday gone even with Serious 6 in the genetics… 

large.IMG_6872.jpeglarge.IMG_6879.jpeg

Was just starting to smell good, quite resinous to the touch while picking out the rot…. Doubt I will get them to the end.. not a lot of airflow down at that spot either.. will see

this mega early dwarf Mighty Gold was looking good when I saw it a week+ ago … coulda do with two weeks into sept I recon.. be lucky if it’s not mush on return… trying to push it but again will see… large.IMG_6631.jpeglarge.IMG_6630.jpeglarge.IMG_6618.jpeg

Know what Aphat means about developers.. been experiencing that to. They wanna build on everything these days ..Where them ThaiKings are, land is up for sale, starting Sept (so now).. got some later finishers down them ways to… fook knows.. 

some plots are also very unappealing to visit crawling in the wet mud and foliage … usually wait til have a day or two of sun to dry the tunnel out a bit before a visit… but that’s a lucky occurrence these days 

I’m wondering if Slims thing’s are rotting yet… they nearly to that rot prone stage in the flowering cycle 

still got a bit of faith in me Essex Gold 

A week of Sun starting from tomo i hear,

all the best fellow GG’ers

Edited by Erbman T
  • Like 8

6 hours ago, Erbman T said:

Got a couple of Arnold’s creations ThaiKings6. About 2 & half to 3 weeks left on em.. has Serious 6, wildthailand Ryder + UEL in em… Was already starting to rot when I saw them Monday gone even with Serious 6 in the genetics… 

Ha! I just received a pack of these. :) Interesting to see how they're doing. Candidate for next season... :yep:

• Like 1

Keeps threatening to rain but then doesn't really, the occasional flick of spittle, that's it. Warm during the day, occasionally a bit cool overnight but usually double figures (centigrade). Been like this for about a week, soil getting quite dry. Can see a weekly water/feed run on the cards until the next proper downpour... :rolleyes:

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Crow River said:

Ha! I just received a pack of these. :) Interesting to see how they're doing. Candidate for next season... :yep:

yea. Ha I was imagining you might nab some. They seem good to me. Very early and a bit more jazzy than straight Serious 6. By the looks a bit less mould resistant. Arnold mentioned he had approx 25% rot per plant with them on an especially bad season in his seed description. Mine aren’t in an ideal open spot tbh, partly why I put them there as hoped could finish before sun gets to low and they gets shadowed.. did try put some out at a more open spot but unfortunately had an accident with them at plant out… 

Weather report= A bit warmer and a bit Sunny here today so far 

Edited by Erbman T
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Erbman T said:

yea. Ha I was imagining you might nab some

Literally arrived today. Spooky coincidence! :) 

Also got some Swiss King BX, supposed to be quite tough..

• Like 1

@Crow River synchronistic. good work. Be interested to see how those go. I got some of the MexMav F1. Havnt popped any yet. I will prob stick one or two in some soil soon; see if I can get a fem.  

• Like 1

Today marks the beginning of a week of blazing sunshine and temperatures hotter than anything since June! I foresee several water runs in my immediate future... :rolleyes:

• Like 8