Flavour Chasers - Wedding Cake

GreenPirate

Its the time of year mate, spider mite season. Sadly as well once they're in its almost impossible to get rid of them for good. I tried a few grows ago and even now I find the odd the one. I just use sprays to keep them at bay now.

• Like 1

Try the predator mites mate, they cleared the whole room on the last release.. and next door and most of the normal spiders fucked off as well. I did not see one the whole grow after that... until I got them handed back as a gift! :(

They even dealt with a small baby False Widow outbreak but I think the Raid spray helped with that one!

Fuck you Landlord, fuck you!

Room was set back up, landord phones and wants to come back again.. I now have a foiled lined gym for the next week and some delays again.

Seriously, I must have been Genghis Khan and Jimmy Saville's dad in a past life.

The gym.. lol

large.5ce7e657072a1_Groompics.jpg.08b3af

• Like 4

I had all that shite for the first year in the house mate, its my first council property. Really does mess right about growers. I literally survived of autos grow in between visits.

Hopefully once your landlord has visited you can crack on and be left alone for a bit.

• Like 1

I could more than likely tell him, he comes across pretty laid back and cool. He had problems with his mum in India and spinal problems so I recommended cannabis. He was quite interested and said he could get it quite easy over there.

Told him about my daughters illness, how some in the U.S are trying to treat it with cannabis extracts. Showed him a few videos of kids with severe autism using cannabis, that's an instant night and day reaction.

I don't think i've shown anyone those videos who then said afterwards that cannabis should remain illegal.

I just can't take that chance telling him though.

He's doing all this to the house for us, he told us we are the best tenants he's ever had, we've increased the property value and we always pay on time. Now he's going all out to fix things and make sure he keeps us here.

It's nice but a pain in the arse at the same time :yes:

Man has a proper Indian/English accent as well, I make him smile with my South London accent, he makes me smile with his accent. We had the "Plum-Bar" in the other day lol

We have a good relationship, just my bloody luck at the moment is non existent.

I never get in shit but always end up in some of theeee most fucked up situations. I'm quite surprised some of the things i've got away with!

Old landlord in the old place had to be the best one ever, he stood inbetween those outdoor plants in my profile and changed the locks. lol Man never said a word! That was a twitchy arsehole moment.

Finally, after a very long time #3 has rooted, I'm sure it was the Clodbuster as all the roots are taking off now i've added that! :yes:

large.5ce93c16823f7_ChasersCake36cutting

All the cuts are away, 4 for 4, a little ballsy with no extras taken but they are rooted and ready for the 4". I've held them all back waiting for this little fucker, she's the smaller+slower one out the original 4 as well.

All the others look like this.. Clodbuster for the win!! Okay, maybe some Bloom Roots and cranking the heat up, getting them nearer the T5's.. I still think it was the Clodbuster though!

large.5ce93c2fc0914_ChasersCake37cutting

I know i've not shown what these can do yet but at least you know they can take some abuse if you are worried about 130 notes worth of seeds, if they can take this shit i've put them through then they can take most things and a normal grow should get the best from them.

If these produce nicely at the end(jumping the gun here) then at least you know if you are skillz are not up to scratch, they will survive some punishment and don't mind being fucked about with. ;)

Got many options now, after putting some things in place, I don't care how many I run now :D;);)

One last visit from the Landlord and I can put the room back together again and get these friggin well done and dusted.

Mr Chaser must be looking in and thinking "why did we get this cunt, of all the people who can grow on the net, we get this twat!!??"

Things are about to improve I hope :)

• Like 2

DIY on the way, battery went flat so fuck it, i'll post what I have..

Collected half my IBC and got to grab the other half next week.

Chopped her down to 175l(ish) and left some uprights on the cage a little longer to go through the wooden top.

large.5cebe05873318_IBCNFTbuild2.jpg.f14

How she'll look and the space I have to lay 2 x 424 tables nicely, wooden top will be doubled up with the trays sunk into them..

large.5cebe04f34605_IBCNFTbuild1.jpg.3a9

Started cutting the holes for the uprights to sit through and holds the cage nicely, I don't want the cage going sideways on me and spilling the contents, it won't but just to make sure ;)

large.5cebe0664c9a8_IBCNFTbuild3.jpg.616

*waiting for the drill to charge and the rain to stay away* I'll finish this today if the rain holds off.

• Like 1

Holes cut all in the right place just 2mm to small.. I knew I was close but was the biggest bit I had. Need a 22-23mm ideally, guess i'm running out tomorrow to grab one or borrow one.

How the trays will sit side by side, I will either go with one pump and split off to each tray with a T or dual pumps and split off into both trays in case one fails.. I'll start with one and see how it goes.

This is about as far as I can go until tomorrow :(

large.5cebf835a36ea_IBCNFTbuild4.jpg.116

• Like 4

Thanks mate :) not a single injury, I need @GreenVision round to spice the building part up. No blood lost so far! (i'll be in A&E tomorrow after the jigsaw comes out)

Sorry to leave you hanging, i'm going with the attitude of "do something before replying".

I could get lost in what I want to do and post all day long, best I go with the "do something and post" attitude or nothing will get done lol

I would quote Ch@ppers sig as I can turn into a dreamer quite easily. :yes:  Worst bit about it, i'm not lazy, it's all health related.. you could not tie me down before this poxy illness!

I've got more plans than McGyver, all not worth a toss until put into action :)

Dry fit of how it will all sit.. need to clean the IBC one last time before I can drag it indoors. On the plus side, yay for muscle memory.. moved the gym down the over end of the groom and make sure I do at least some lifting before touching the plants. :thumsup:

large.5cee9a6799278_IBCNFTbuild5.jpg.633

Edited by GreenPirate
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, GreenPirate said:

the building part up. No blood lost so far! (i'll be in A&E tomorrow after the jigsaw comes out)

Hospital lol ... Mate you get me on that I will put us in the ground :rofl:  

You dealing with a man that once tried to take the box end of an extension lead off, whilst the plug was still in the wall... 13 amps of pure adrenaline that left me with a scar on my right hand from the electrical burn I got THROUGH the screwdriver I was using to undo the live cable terminal. I shit you not.

That said I do eventually end up with a good job done. I just loose years of life for it...

Groom is looking nice and tidy though bud. :yep:

Edited by GreenVision
  • Like 2

lol

High 5 on the plugged in lesson! I went there as a 6-7 yr old changing a fuse with the back of the plug off. Nice solid stainless fork will get that fuse oooooooooooooooooooooout.

It's not a lesson you forget :no:lol

We'd make an ideal fuck up partnership! :yes:

Thanks mate, getting there, slowly while dealing with life..

Another release of the preds, 1st release never woke up properly, these sure as fuck did! Fingers crossed that is the end of my spider mite problem for a few months. :unsure:

large.5cf145a35093b_ChasersCake38cutting

Off to war they go!!

• Like 4

How the grow holding up mate, any joy getting those cubes in the trays yet?

GV.

@GreenVision

I'm about to take another round of cuttings, the original mothers are going outside for a test run outdoors as well. Will be interesting to see what these do outside in our weather.

The way these grow I need more cuts or i'm wasting space. They want to be single cola plants, topping brings out a new pair of tops but that is it. I've always described this type of plant as an "deep see oil rig" type of plant. One main cola with a platform around it

6 Zkittzo are all ready and getting there own tray+tank, they are going in real soon.

Wedding Cake, soon as the new cuts are off i'll put them all in.

Predator mites have another week to do their job or the Harkers is coming out to nuke the room. They have cleaned most of them out but the odd bit of web is still showing but only around the cube tops, I think the fuckers have chased them off the plants.

IBC tank is all cut, wood it cut and trays are in, pipework is almost routed up to how I want it. Not much more to do but wait for more cuttings to root. I should have doubled up when I originally took them but things were all over the place back then!

I'll bang up some pics later of how they look. Room is sorted, everything is ready to go besides more cuttings and another Landlord visit, plants look reasonable healthy so i'm not too concerned. Just this run is taking forever to complete, I wanted to be done by start of August :(

Out of the 4 I have, they are all growing the same besides one... she be a stumpy small little thing compared to the other 3. In the trays this one is going to get stomped all over so i've decided to double up and run the originals outside for a proper test :)

Edited by GreenPirate
  • Like 2

After that post, the landord is coming back again. *sarcastic yay* all taken down again lol. I'm might start putting Velcro on everything the amount of time this room has been up and down. :unsure:

These lot are topped nice and low (wedding cake bottom left corner 4 plants #1#2#3#4).

Temps, airflow, humidity, everything is perfect besides wanting more leg room and some hydro time and some Cal/Mag.

large.5d0250291f151_ChasersCake39cutting

They will not pull from the bottom unless topped near the bottom, some strains will pull up this is not one of them. These are nice and neat, wherever you cut you will get a pair of new tops. Pretty n00b friendly and perfick for a small tent. For the bigger rooms, 5 seeds is not gonna be enough, no way! That's where the price per seed per plant per space becomes a big factor for these beans. Only way to get more plants without spending a fortune, cuts!

For the grower who runs a nice small square tent, 5 beans is about the perfect number. :yes:

They don't appear to stretch even when light starved, if i've got this right with my limited time with them and I had to make an estimated guess these might only double in height after flip in soil, hydro maybe slightly more(ish).

So a potential for more delays after that phonecall some days back, I took a shitload of cuttings.

The propagator looked half empty, bad pain day and was feeling moody and the pessimist in me came out.. so I took more and filled it up :thumsup: prop is full!

12+ of each just in case, if they all take and flower nicely i'll start giving a few to friends. I hammered the original mothers for these before they go in soil and thrown outside,I topped the cuttings just in case.

Threw in another bottle of pred mites for good measure.

Clonex

4ml Shogun Start (got given a bottle to try so why not)

1ml Bloom Roots. << one of theee best root stims i've used over the years.

Prop lid on for 4 days shut, slowly opening the vents over another few days, prop lid off at the weekend/start of next week. Earlier if I see roots.

large.5d025036da68c_ChasersCake40morecut

Another week, another delay.. yay!

6 x Zkittzo cuttings are looking happy enough to the right, they want to see the hydro, space cake back left two.. again, just want more legroom.

Gonna end up with a room full of Cake and Zkittzo on the plus side :D

Edited by GreenPirate
  • Like 3