Flavour Chasers - Wedding Cake

GreenPirate

57 minutes ago, panik said:

Fucking hell mate whats gone on,.. :bag:

lol

you remember me saying, "I can not take 130 notes worth of seeds off of you for a few reasons".

I could not have you 130 notes out of pocket for my outrage in that topic when you are so good to everyone..the 2nd, well just have a read back.

I must have been one evil bastard in a past life :unsure: Still, I usually get some nice strong smoke down even after the bumpy rides. I nearly purchased a pack of the The New in case it was taking the piss so much in that topic that upset the balance of the force lollollol

A few days back in my care and they are perking right up mate. About to throw them in the NFT tray and under the CMH to get some life back into them over the next few days until the other cuttings catch up.

I'll be hitting them every other day with half strength SPBI to make sure I have no flying pests then the preds will be released next week when the fresh batch turns up.

Still, shows they can take a little beating through Veg. Bit snowflake at the start but once up they don't mind a slap or two.

fucking hell mate your nightmare lol 

I might have some Strawberry Diesel x Gelato 41 I need testing if you want me to throw you some?

• Like 3

2 hours ago, panik said:

fucking hell mate your nightmare lol 

I might have some Strawberry Diesel x Gelato 41 I need testing if you want me to throw you some?

I'd be good to take on trim day, i'd be the prick that got caught hanging upside down in a tree by my red PowerRanger outfit trying to hide. At least you know i'm oldschool, i'd do the time for it without saying a word.. well besides "yes, i'm the twat that got caught in the tree". The rest is the golden rule, you don't ever fuck with the golden rule. Don't say a fucking word while wearing a PowerRanger outfit! Oldschool! ;);)

I think my situations I get myself in paired with @GreenVision growroom accidents. I'd think we would be the next Chuckle Brothers of the weed world!

To me..to you GreenVision! A couple of weed reviews chucked in, I think we've got a possible youtube partnership in the making.

The best is yet to come, i've agreed to something that is fucking monumental on the scale of fuckups!.. another time on that one.

Let me know if you are up for an outdoor run one year GV, it will be fucking epic for all the wrong reasons! "we've hired a mini digger and a chainsaw and a bull, what could possibly go wrong".. next pic would be one of us in A&E and the RSPCA asking questions.

Thanks for the offer mate, I don't mind giving the Gelato cross a try. It will be after these lot though.

If you don't mind waiting until end of summer for them to start, i'll give them a run :yes: If that is too long, please let someone else try them first.

At least you'll know if they can take a hammering with me. :unsure:

• Like 3

On 09/05/2019 at 0:33 AM, GreenPirate said:

with @GreenVision growroom accidents

See, you drop one pair of mole grips into a fan, drop a few £300 filters down the stairs, get a few electrical burns, scar you head and foot with HID lighting, flood a loft and turn a garage into a hydroxide foam party and everyone immediately thinks you accident prone.... :unsure:

And anyway, I thought the foam party was a success in the long run, the floor smelt very clean for months afterwards. Reminded me of going swimming when I was younger.

medium.20171116_122217.jpg.47ab44c56ea9d

And the corrosion on the equipment was minimal I swear to god...

lol 

@GreenPirate How are these coming along bud, have the clones improved at all?

• Like 9

lol

I tell ya, it would be fucking epic for all the wrong reasons!

Two Green's must make a right, or we'd be in for some personal injury claims. Do you think RGS will pay out if we run Panik's strains?

@GreenVision

The Cake cuttings are just sitting there, not died, not yellowed,  not wilted.. but most importantly not rooted yet. I'm giving them another week max or they can becomes the mums and i'll get bendy with the originals as they are starting to produce some nice side branches now the topping has kicked in and they are back in my hands.

I've gone a bit over the top with the amount of different cuttings i'm about to stick in 4" cubes so should have a nice selection of what to run with the Cake over the next week or two.

What I don't need or keep i'll give out to a few people. :)

Edited by GreenPirate
  • Like 2

19 minutes ago, GreenPirate said:

or we'd be in for some personal injury claims.

You may have a point there. If we do ever go legal in the UK and we can stop hiding I'd better keep all this on the low down, just in case the insurance companies decide on risk based premiums... :ninja:  

I think, not 100% yet but I think I may have managed to get my hand on some of Seed Junky's F4, I'm waiting for a reply from a pal over the pond. The Wedding x Gelato is as rare as rocking horse shit now but I know the Wedding cake F4 was there and I said get it if you can. Its just a case of if he ordered, if it arrives and if it makes it over the waters to our noble shores. I have done scores of seeds over and only 1 has ever taken a walk so fingers crossed.

So you planing on putting the cubes into NFT once the clones have rooted?

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, GreenVision said:

I think, not 100% yet but I think I may have managed to get my hand on some of Seed Junky's F4, I'm waiting for a reply from a pal over the pond. The Wedding x Gelato is as rare as rocking horse shit now but I know the Wedding cake F4 was there and I said get it if you can. Its just a case of if he ordered, if it arrives and if it makes it over the waters to our noble shores. I have done scores of seeds over and only 1 has ever taken a walk so fingers crossed.

So you planing on putting the cubes into NFT once the clones have rooted?

Fingers crossed they turn up mate!

I did not like the sound of the picking through the Herms, it's like we've all come to accept it over the last few years. Before everyone was outing the herm genes, now we are all breeding with them. The game has flip flopped more times that I can count!

It's all gonna end bad for some poor fecker with a seeded room because they never noticed it or caused a stress herm through not being spot on. People say the Space Cake I run herms but i've not seen her change on me and I put her through a beating this year!

Everything just feels a little too rushed to market these days, testing went out the window for some breeders, others just go by germ rates. It's a fucking mess in my opinion!

Yes mate, these are all going in NFT. I've got 3 x 424's going spare, i'll be using two for sure then weigh up if it's worth running a 2nd tank. I don't want to take the piss with numbers this run but I don't want to waste space/electric. Then add in the heat is going to hit me hard and i've not run indoors in this new room through the summer yet. I have a feeling i'm in for a few more surprises just with the heat situation.

I also don't want to be stuck hiding 3 trays, 2 is going to bad enough to hide. I'm kinda stuck and hate running a forced grow, I like to take my time and do it when i'm ready. It is what it is this time around but i'll get them to the end in the next 10-12 weeks.

• Like 2

@GreenPirate Sounds good mate, how many can you squeeze into the 424's? 

I think it was the 901 I used when I was NFT if memory serves. Its been a few years but I think it was 901. Two tanks I used to run in a 1.2 x 2.4 roof qube tent in the loft. I'd have one running to get the clones up then once they were good I'd get the other one running and split them up.

sml_gallery_85992_8681_288457.jpg

sml_gallery_85992_8681_30741.jpg

sml_gallery_85992_8681_74014.jpg

My dad taught me somewhat about growing Cannabis, I used to sneak up in the loft in the early to mid 90's and check out his grow, by the late 90's to early 20's I was nicking a cola or two after harvest and making my pals feint turning up at fishing down the lake with buds the size of cucumbers. He was always NFT so its nice to see people still using this method as its getting rare now. Bloody good method though.

I get you on the heat, you can run a chiller in NFT though if you have the cash and it gets really bad. I ran cooled hoods with mine for the same reason, kept the room at about 25C just to help as I was in the loft. But if you do run a chiller dump the water in the bottom end from the chiller not the top as I froze my crop to death once lol .

Be nice to see you up and running mate. I do miss the NFT but it just became an arse ache for me, those 901 tanks were a fucker to move about and clean etc.

• Like 2

@GreenVision

I usually put 5-6 in and let them get to about 5-6ft of finished plant, this time 4 to each tray with a little veg and topping and a little less height i'm hoping for.

I need to keep them at a size I can get them in and out if I have to this time around. Temped to cage each tray as well so I can lift them out and take the cage with them. 3D type scrog net but more rigid ;) The IBC scraps might come in handy with this build.

This is how old one of my trays are, it has the old brickwork pattern instead of the diamond runoffs. lol Your dad must have had the same :yes:

I was even tempted to run gully system this time around but they are not popular anymore. Trying to find bits for that its easier to build your own out of drain pipe.

NFT does not get any love anymore, hydro shops prefer to pimp CoCo or RDWC these days.

At least with the 901's and all the other Gro-Tanks, you have the safety net of no floods. Those multi duct systems with one tank at the end, not a fan of them! I've not had a tray crack/snap yet but if it did I least want the water to fall back into the tank underneath.

I would not feel safe with the other ones without running in a large paddling pool underneath should shit go wrong.

You really have to have a love hate relationship with NFT, you love it when it's going right but fucking hate it when you are chasing a problem. Root rot is the biggest bastard ever with NFT but a decent setup should not run into it, the chillers help.

Fiver says I get root rot this time around, i've not had it for years and years but i've moved rooms and not running a chiller on this setup. Bags of ice and frozen cool packs at the ready, some small PC fans to pull in airflow over the rootzone if it gets out of hand, the fans can shave a good few C's off but you have to crank the water flow up or they dry out too much.

The bigger tables they can be a ballache and that's why I prefer the multiple tray option. If things go wrong I can pull a 424 tray instead of losing a larger table.

I've got to get my arse into gear this week, one last spray down and then i'll release the pedator mites.

Anything flying is getting zapped after that, bug killer kebab shop edition. She's going on the wall before I go in the groom, i'll turn all the lights off then turn that bastard on for 10 mins and listen to them pop before I enter. :thumsup:

When i've got my shit together and had a good sort out, i'll slap some pics up. I know how fast they will reveg in NFT so any old damage now won't be there in a few weeks. :)

• Like 3

@GreenPirate Sounds like plan bud, I know Root Rot was always an issue with the NFT, I think the fact the water only trickles under the root zone makes it easy for the root rot to take a hold. I used pyth off at 50% the recommended and I never had it personally.

Defo get some pics up when your all set up though mate.

GV.

• Like 2

On 5/13/2019 at 10:34 AM, GreenVision said:

Defo get some pics up when your all set up though mate.

Will do mate, still waiting for a friends help with a cut or two on the DIY front and she's away once all the cuts take and I can take my pick of what to run.

I think I need to invest in LED for cuttings and veg. I had to up the height of the cuttings so I took the old VHS player out and raised it with a Clodbuster. I was only getting an extra 5" out of the old VHS, the Clodbuster ups it a little more for what they need.

Lowered the humidity a little to see if I could force some root quicker. Still around 50-60% so not to low, just enough to make the tips curl up.

large.5cdb3f8075ab1_ChasersCake30(cuttin

*raids money box* @diyleduk I might have enough for a veg panel, gimme a shout when you have 5 mins and i'll see if I can afford it. I've just got to cash in these 1/2 penny's at the bank and I should have enough :yes:

Edited by GreenPirate
  • Like 3

lol i use the kids mega blox to raise up my pots n stuff. We growers are anything if imaginative.

e2a. good call on the led. Future of it all mate tbh.

Edited by GreenVision
  • Like 1

Just now, GreenVision said:

lol i use the kida mega blox to raise up my pots n stuff. We are growers are anything if imaginative 

lol

It was the nearest thing to me at the right height, anything will do!

I would have used plastice but the quality has gone downhill since the 70's and 80's since cheaper imports came in. Goes too hard too quick these days. A few hours out the pots and the kids have got a solid figure of WTF they created. "that's great :thumsup::unsure: what is it?... and fucking rock hard, now go make me a set of knuckle dusters out of that shit!"

• Like 1

It appears i've created some interest in myself.. :unsure:

I thought they were after the groom as I smoke in the garden, after seeing the little fucker outside my kids school and him trying to hide his face on a nice hot day, it's not the groom and I have a rear view camera on my car so see what they were up to ;);)

I was outside a few months/weeks back as well and some pair were eyeing up the place in a flatbed van, one was the person outside the school staring straight into my eyes..bit of advice, don't make eye contact, it's easier for people to pick you out.

So now i've got 3 faces, two motors and set some things in motion just in case. This person has fucked up another way but I won't go into it as I can now check if they come back near the house.

I've tooled the house up a little more than I should have but i'm prepping for a bad situation. I've said to a few people I know "anything" happens to me or the family, even if it looks legit.. chase the fuckers!

I've always gone with "if it don't feel right.. then it ain't right!"

I thought I was being paranoid but it is the same fuckers that keep popping up.

Stay safe people!

----------------------------

The grow, everything is being moved out or destroyed besides the 4 wedding cake and a couple of garden plants. I'm a man of my word, I said I would run them and I don't mind police finding 4 plants should shit come back to the house and it's not enough to warrant a kick in the door from rippers.

So even though this shit is going on and everything else with building works in the house, lets fucking do this! I said I would run them, nothing has changed there!

Updates and me being here will be slim.

I'll reply to what I can when I can, i'm not being rude, just got a lot going on now. When it rains it pours in this house :yes: 

All personal messages in my account will be deleted here just in case.

Anyone i've upset on here in case it came from this way, it's just a forum, words on the internet. I like a heated debate and if you've held a grudge it's for all the wrong reasons.

I say my sorry's to anyone i've upset and wish everyone the best while I deal with this shit.

:)

I hope i've got this one wrong but I really don't think I have, still, better to be safe than sorry!

Added the predators, 100% the spidermites are back. :( Nothing flying in the room anymore so in the preds went..

large.5ce484177b97c_ChasersCake31.jpg.42

State of the mothers/orginal seeds I popped, making a nice comeback but still signs of mite damage that needs to be removed once gone..

large.5ce48424bad5f_ChasersCake32.jpg.1d

Cuttings #1 #2 #4 have all rooted but #3, the smallest of the lot is taking her time..

large.5ce484308489a_ChasersCake33cutting

They've taken quite a few sprays of SPBI pretty well,a little sign of damage but can be sorted during veg if those go in!

Roots are coming through nicely, 5ml Formulex and 1ml Bloom Roots.. after adding the Clodbuster the roots took off! Adding a Clodbuster to your clone room really speeds up rooting time, if you can find one try and grab one! :yes::yep:

large.5ce48439dc318_ChasersCake34cutting

large.5ce4844543b41_ChasersCake35cutting

I'll keep the drama out of RGS section, sorry for bringing that crap in here.. i'll handle my shit ;)

• Like 2