Flavour Chasers - Wedding Cake

GreenPirate

12 hours ago, FatBoy77 said:

They sure seem to love that algae..

:yep:

It's not too much of an issue on top of the cube, it never goes down to far. The only thing you have to watch out for is extra spores growing ontop of the algae but i've yet to see it cause any issues over the years.

As soon as they go into the NFT tank, i'll could cover the tops at some point and kill it off. It should break back down into Nitrogen and i've yet to see it rot or have issues over the years. As long as it does not get into the NFT tray/tank, i'm not too bothered. You can also kill it back with SPBi spray if you wanted.

All it does is use a bit of Nitrogen from the feed and it's only a 4" square patch on 4 cubes so it will take minimal Nitrogen if I let it live.

12 hours ago, FatBoy77 said:

I was looking to try wedding cake, saw something about it being from purple caper in the states, is that what flavour chasers are offering?  Finding them hard to get hold of.

Don't worry, didn't see the feminised bit.  Purple caper don't do fems.

You're probably far more educated than me, do you know where the strain originated?  No worries if not

I'm guessing here but they must have gone to the U.S and grabbed the cutting doing the rounds and S1 the thing to produce fem seeds. How legit that Wedding Cake cutting is, I could not tell you and it was an expensive punt on my behalf on something that is unknown, no reviews and very little info about them on the internet besides "we were pissed off with U.S strain being elite, so we brought them to EU".

Pheno Finder have some at a much much cheaper price! around 90 notes cheaper, so i'm not sure Flavour Chasers can keep that price high if Pheno Finders S1 of the same strain IS the same thing. That would be an interesting side by side to run as £90 cheaper is quite a saving if they produce the same.

The you have Dina's version that was held back but that has OG Kush mixed in so not a straight Cake.

Trying to find info on it only really goes back to the clone and reviews on that.

Link to RGS so you can get them in the UK without hassle

https://www.realgorillaseeds.com/product-category/seed-boutique/flavour-chasers/

https://www.realgorillaseeds.com/product/wedding-cake/

https://flavourchaserseeds.com/cannabis-seeds/wedding-cake

Sex Regular

Seeds Per Pack 25   <<<< this should be 5 not 25

Genetics Mainly Indica

Heritage Cookie Dough X Cherry OG

Environment Indoor, Outdoor, Greenhouse

Flowering Type Standard

Flowering Time 8-9 WEEKS

Height Medium

CBD Content Low (0-1%)

THC Content Very High (over 20%)

Yield High

Medicinal No

Wedding Cake is an indica dominant hybrid. It gives an exceptionally sweet aromatic essence and a fruity flavour. The taste is a perfect combination of sweetness and fruitiness. Wedding cake gives you a calming effect and works well as an appetite simulator, and is quite helpful for patients who experience regular depression-associated syndromes, fibromyalgia, MS and other such related symptoms.

Being an indica dominant strain it may act as a sedative for patients. It is observed to contain a THC levels 20-25%. Plants come out looking like pine trees with a dense structural form. This should come through covered in crystals also thickly dressed up with orange hair all over it. It is most generally known for its sugary taste, as well as high potency value.

What do they class as medicinal, the info says NO but the blurb says perfect for MS,Fibro and others. :unsure:

It feels like a little bit of a cash grab on a hyped name but it might be the best thing since sliced bread, I need to get her to the end to find out before throwing down judgement.

Just that price is a bit of a piss take!!

Cool man, thanks for the info.  I thought the strain came from Purple Caper in th US.  They look like a pretty ethical decent breeder, so I'm going to give them a try.  They say it is a cross of Cherry Pie and GSC (F2) and call it a medium (whatever that means) CBD strain.

They seem to care about the male genetics, which seems to be rare these days, got me interested.  I've not been having much success matching what I can buy on the street with fem beans, so these guys (and the usual I've seen mentioned oh here in every other dairy) stood out for me.  I haven't tried regular genetics yet so fingers crossed!

I'll be ordering in the next few weeks so won't be able to report anything smoke wise for about 6 months minimum, not going to rush a cure, plenty in the jars.  I'll follow if you don't mind to see how things go.... fingers crossed for you she's fire!

45 minutes ago, FatBoy77 said:

Cool man, thanks for the info.  I thought the strain came from Purple Caper in th US.  They look like a pretty ethical decent breeder, so I'm going to give them a try.  They say it is a cross of Cherry Pie and GSC (F2) and call it a medium (whatever that means) CBD strain.

They seem to care about the male genetics, which seems to be rare these days, got me interested.  I've not been having much success matching what I can buy on the street with fem beans, so these guys (and the usual I've seen mentioned oh here in every other dairy) stood out for me.  I haven't tried regular genetics yet so fingers crossed!

I'll be ordering in the next few weeks so won't be able to report anything smoke wise for about 6 months minimum, not going to rush a cure, plenty in the jars.  I'll follow if you don't mind to see how things go.... fingers crossed for you she's fire!

There website is all over the place, so don't go by that. Panik's info on RGS is the one i'm going by but posted the link to Flavour Chasers to show you shit was all over the place with info.

If you look, Flavour Chasers state 25 beans and claim as regular.

Where is you goto RGS, it is 5 beans and fem'd.

I think Flavour Chasers might have it wrong on there info, as soon as you try to add the beans, the description says :

Sex : Feminised
Seeds Per Pack : 5

so feck knows mate, I got 5 fems I do know that.
Other places state fems only as well, so I think they got the info wrong on their own site.. which is a bit bodge it and leg it but we've all got info wrong, just i'm not trying to sell my beans! Looks unprofessional to me is all but could be a legit mistake!

Damn.... cheers for the heads up dude.  You know anything about Ace seeds, or run anything by them? 

You sound like a pretty knowledgeable chap.  I'm just trying to add something a bit different to my shopping list, determined to keep it mostly regular beans for experience purposes (Ugorg selection, FDM and subcool so far...)  A few people shouting about karma (might have spelt that wrong) too.

RGS, noted. Thanks

Edited by FatBoy77

40 minutes ago, FatBoy77 said:

Damn.... cheers for the heads up dude.  You know anything about Ace seeds, or run anything by them? 

You sound like a pretty knowledgeable chap.  I'm just trying to add something a bit different to my shopping list, determined to keep it mostly regular beans for experience purposes (Ugorg selection, FDM and subcool so far...)  A few people shouting about karma (might have spelt that wrong) too.

RGS, noted. Thanks

Ace from what little i've read are pretty much on the ball but i've not looked to hard, I think it was oldtimer who gave them one or some of their genetics. I think that was Ace seeds. (someone please correct me if i'm wrong or have dig about yourself to check i'm right)

I know how to grow, I know what is wrong, over the years the breeding pool lost me. Things came out soo quick with soo many new breeders with old ones fading out and losing old lines, I don't know what is what anymore mate without digging myself!

There are much much much more knowledgable people around here on strain info. The RKS skunk topic will show you how dedicated these lot are to tracking down genetics!! I know feck all compared to others on here when it comes to that, I thought I knew a bit... nope!

UK420 is a great place for info and to speak to the breeders and some old faces who know a thing or two!

I've been about, I know a bit.. mostly trial and error and learning a thing or two over the years but some of the people will blow you away with the things they know. ;)

Real Gorilla Seeds has a few Regular lines that seem to do well but @panik would have to tell you more about them or look around this section for info,most of the RGS lines have been grown out by people on here with diaries! I'm yet to try the regs from RGS but i'll keep adding things to the "to do list".

Panik's regs are on there to get through at some point!

Edited by GreenPirate
  • Like 1

@GreenPirate Nice one.

Little hard to tell right now but they don't look too bad, this said they never do in this stage. 

Don't mean to nag mate but get something over those cube tops, that green moss will murder you lol 

@GreenVision

I've had full on herb garden on top of those cubes before mate, I used to cover them and get all anal about it.

I can't be arsed anymore, a little spray of SPBi or water down liquid Oxy and it's gone/dead if it becomes a problem.

Inside the tray/tank, I keep that spotless and as clean as possible :yes:

All it does it take away a bit of Nitrogen and the NFT tank is full of it, only problem that can come from it is mold but I have a decent airflow across the top of the tray so mold spores never really show up. *I bet i've jinxed myself now*

I'll stick some balls over the top before they go in the tray but these are cut now and it will either be these and the cuts, or just the cuts with these kept as mums until the end.

I'll sort it out one way or the other before final veg and flower :)

Edited by GreenPirate

If a friend ever says these words to you, listen and think twice! "i've never grown in rockwool cubes before"

Went and got my Wedding Cake back, told the fecker not to put them with his other plants. I find them.. in the greenhouse with my soil plants!

Roots must have been fucking cold over the nights.

Wedding Cake is a few leaves down, and some yellowing with less root than they had. I'll get them back to good health :)

Zkittzo lived through this abuse, lol that's one hardy little fucker. 1 year in a 4" rootblock, a few weeks in a greenhouse that was about to kill everything else. She still lives on and the cuttings of them all.

Way forward is now to root up these Cake cuts as quick as possible that I kept back until rooted, or decide to run the original cubes or wait for the cuts. Either way my hand has been forced and I can't sit on them forever.

I'm going ballz out with the builders and the landlord. This should get all kids of interesting and me having raised blood pressure..possibly some snapped plants if I have to move them around.

I'll post up some pics when i've rebuilt the friggin room somehow ASAP

I'll post the pics of what is left!

Still, at least I get to find out a bit quicker if the Cake is worth it. *tries to look on the positive side of it*

This will be a bumpy ride! :yes:

• Like 1

Here is how they look as i'm getting them back to good health after a near death greenhouse holiday. Trying to pull the sideshoots up now i've got no thrip damage on the new growth.

As soon as they new growth has gained some size i'll rip all those damaged leaves off. I can't have them looking like that going into flower.

large.5cd0a0e262a36_ChasersCake28(recove

Here are the cuttings, no sign of root yet but they look healthy enough in there.

large.5cd0a0ef8790e_ChasersCake29(cuttin

Zkittzo cuttings are ready for the 4" cubes, if the Wedding Cake cuttings don't catch up this will be a two strain, two tray NFT run. If the Wedding Cake catches up, it'll be a room full of Cake.

I've run out of Zkittzo, i'm hoping the cake don't catch up as I could use some of this for summer! Pure summer time smoke is the Zkittzo.

Cuttings were a little battered by thrips and a mate leaving them in a greenhouse in a tray of cold water but they are alive.

large.5cd0a0fe8c72a_ZkittzoCuttings12.jp

Flower room is almost back together, time to chop the IBC down and prepare the tables.

2 x 424 trays sitting side by side over 100+ litres of water on a plywood table.

Power tools are coming out over the next few days, guess i'll be losing some fingers during this grow!

The mood I was in with everything going against me I could have ripped these all up and not given a shit(okay a little).. a little motivational kick up the arse today (thanks GreenVision :) ), I went and got supplies and things needed to build this.

Ignore the way they look now, they will look nothing like this when they hit the trays/flower room!

I'm just happy they are alive after sitting in a greenhouse in a tray of cold water.

If it starts looking worse than this I am burning my entire setup! lol

I've got a shitload of building work to deal with and a landlord to hide from.

• Like 3

i've still got algae and still don't care.. they nearly killed the plants and cuttings but not the algae. lol

btw..

If the bastard has given me thrips back after all that shit, I might actually kill him!

• Like 1

20 hours ago, GreenPirate said:

thrips

Mate I'd get on that. Are you looking under the leaf's to make sure it's not Red Borg?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, GreenVision said:

Mate I'd get on that. Are you looking under the leaf's to make sure it's not Red Borg?

Bastard has given me back spider mites, the hardy Zkittzo has been infested out of nowhere.

I have not seen a single sign of spidermites after releasing the pred's when I had the issue before.. those bastards ate every single last one! I was 100% clean of spidermites, until getting my gear back!

Now got to go over everything they handed me back and i'll order another bottle of pred's. Only thing is, I came out of the groom itchy on last release.

Placebo or spidermite predator crabs.. i'm not sure but they work!! lol

Glad I never gave the fecker the Cake cuttings! I've got the mum's that left the house and the cuts i've had isolated here.

thrips were my only issue that kept coming back but I was getting on top of that.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, GreenPirate said:

Bastard has given me back spider mites, the hardy Zkittzo has been infested out of nowhere.

I have not seen a single sign of spidermites after releasing the pred's when I had the issue before.. those bastards ate every single last one! I was 100% clean of spidermites, until getting my gear back!

Now got to go over everything they handed me back and i'll order another bottle of pred's. Only thing is, I came out of the groom itchy on last release.

Placebo or spidermite predator crabs.. i'm not sure but they work!! lol

Glad I never gave the fecker the Cake cuttings! I've got the mum's that left the house and the cuts i've had isolated here.

thrips were my only issue that kept coming back but I was getting on top of that.

My first seed ever planted was in about 2001 ish when I was maybe not even 16, we put some purple haze into a subwoofer box we had taken the cones out of and filled with compost from B&Q lol Got the seeds from one of those shops that sell all native american ornaments and shit. 

Well a year ago this month I had NEVER had spider mite, not ONCE. Until I moved into my first council house April last year. Got them almost instantly on some Auto GSC from fast buds I was trying to run for the second time. 

But I got them under control. I put my tin hat on and went war mate. Bug bombs, Canna Cure, SMC, Harkers, Provado Ultimate, QD £1 a bottle Spider Mite Killer, a Red bottle of bug killer from wilkinsons. I took a fucking Arsenal to the little bastards. Aint seen a bug since lol 

Putting new carpet down in a week and I'm thinking of putting some commercial polythene sheet down before I fit the underlay and carpet cos' I know they're under the floorboards waiting to get me....:ninja: 

But if I were you I'd treat everything like a quarantine zone, 1 bug on one little clone and you will be over run with the little bastards. And we're about to go into they're fav time of year, little bit of effort now could save you a fucking nightmare down the line.

e2a: If you do get spider mite always save Harker's as a last resort. It WILL kill everything it touches when you spray, but if a few don't get hit and become immune you will create monster borg T2000's lol 

Edited by GreenVision
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, GreenVision said:

My first seed ever planted was in about 2001 ish when I was maybe not even 16, we put some purple haze into a subwoofer box we had taken the cones out of and filled with compost from B&Q lol Got the seeds from one of those shops that sell all native american ornaments and shit. 

Well a year ago this month I had NEVER had spider mite, not ONCE. Until I moved into my first council house April last year. Got them almost instantly on some Auto GSC from fast buds I was trying to run for the second time. 

But I got them under control. I put my tin hat on and went war mate. Bug bombs, Canna Cure, SMC, Harkers, Provado Ultimate, QD £1 a bottle Spider Mite Killer, a Red bottle of bug killer from wilkinsons. I took a fucking Arsenal to the little bastards. Aint seen a bug since lol 

Putting new carpet down in a week and I'm thinking of putting some commercial polythene sheet down before I fit the underlay and carpet cos' I know they're under the floorboards waiting to get me....:ninja: 

But if I were you I'd treat everything like a quarantine zone, 1 bug on one little clone and you will be over run with the little bastards. And we're about to go into they're fav time of year, little bit of effort now could save you a fucking nightmare down the line.

e2a: If you do get spider mite always save Harker's as a last resort. It WILL kill everything it touches when you spray, but if a few don't get hit and become immune you will create monster borg T2000's lol 

They can be a bastard, keeping the room humidity up really pisses them off. :yep: Only thing is, the preds don't like the high humidity.

I've shoved the Zkittzo mum outdoors and she's in soil now so at least no cold roots for her outdoors. Every last one has fucked off, I guess my garden was more damp and colder than his greenhouse. Fucker needs to put his roses outside!!! I'm gonna facepalm myself over that choice for a good while.

Had to clear the room though while quotes were being done :(

I'll release some preds on everything after a few more sprays. I don't think I would release these in the house though, i'd be itching all night and i'm sure the spidermites know and try and do a runner.

Your situation, I think I would seal the floor as much as possible. Plastic sheet down, sealant gun, I might even be tempted to screed the floor on top of some aquaboard or marine ply. If you know they are going to come back up you are going to have to try and seal her up as good as possible.

I would have a serious spray up under the house with Harkers before hand or order some black widow spider killer from AUS :yes: I used to speak to a girl over there who told me to grab it from Bunny's ( I think it was that, I took the piss asked her if it was like Hooters and how much drinks were and are you allowed to grope the staff ). From what she told me the shit was evil strong! A seriously diluted watered down wipe across the counter tops and the spiders would die for months, fuck making some food on that surface! On the other hand, fuck being bit by a Black Widow.. I'm sure she said it was 90+% pemethrin or abermectim, spelling is way off on those but i'm sure you know what i'm on about.

Hit and miss if that shit is making it into the country though! I'd put money on it being stopped at customs now.

I'll get some preds for mine, this was the little warriors the last time charging out the bottle on the hunt! I was fascinated seeing them go, like hyper active little mass murderers killing shit in their path.. then no more came out and I started to feel itchy, straight into the shower I went!

large.20190126_142257.jpg.a2b0a5a0e1027f

Feckers were on every plant within an hour of waking up, they were not playing and wanted to munch! :thumsup:

I'll grab a bottle if the sprays don't knock them back and I see any damage getting out of hand.

Edited by GreenPirate
  • Like 2