Flavour Chasers - Wedding Cake

GreenPirate

Over the next few months, I won't be opening the door...This is London UK420, people don't come to the door with Cake.. @stummer

Might as well start this off seeing as the seeds have arrived, 5 wedding cake all going into soak tonight, 4 will end up in a 424 tray to themselves and 1 in soil as a fallback so I least get one finished should the NFT decide to throw a wobbly with the Cake.

Seeds and unboxing :

large.5c80448aa70da_ChasersCake1.jpg.d55

large.5c804497a68d2_ChasersCake2.jpg.9fa

large.5c8044a29b35f_ChasersCake3.jpg.1a5

I'll be building the tanks over the next few weeks, i'll post up a pic when they are built and done, next pic will be with these in water. Then an hour later, and one hour after that, then every 30 mins until they pop, all in individual spamming posts <3

lol

Part of me is not joking, I get bored sometimes! :P

RGS, heads up - you might want to ban me from my own topic at some point! RGS new merch..Green diary bump..RGS new seeds...Green Diary bump. If sales start going down cos people don't see the other topics, let me know and i'll stop ;)

@unity

• Like 14

Good luck with the grow mate. I thought wedding cake was seed junky genetics. Guess these lot have released their own version. 

• Like 5

@stummer - This was my original point and questions in the other topic.

https://www.realgorillaseeds.com/product-category/seed-boutique/flavour-chasers/

https://www.realgorillaseeds.com/product/wedding-cake/

Sooo feeling guilty for putting doubt into these boys in Panik's section before even sampling a pack, I had to buy some Cake and take them for a ride.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, panik said:

Here he goes lets see how many post this diary consists of lol 

Good luck mate..

lol I will reply to every post, i've not worked out the multi quote, honest :bag:

Thanks mate, lets see what they can do.. and how I can fuck them up along the way.

At least the room is no longer at 99% humidity, ahhhh that moment you walk into your 12/12 room and step into a puddle. Never seen water run down the walls that bad before!!!

All sorted now, 10" temp controlled Silenced Revolution is doing the job!

My only concern is, these will fall around the start of summer, it's gonna start getting hot at some point. I think i've gone OTT with the fan with 2000+m/hr so i'm hoping it copes but we'll see, that is a long way off yet!

• Like 6

Not too well at the moment, I think @panik owes me a pack or five of new seeds... :totally fucking innocent smilie: :bag:

I've been soaking them for 24 hours and they refuse to sink :another totally fucking innocent smilie:

I think these one's are broken mate! It might have been the glass, so i've put them in a different glass to see if they sink this time!

This is how they are now, not sure what the problem is, must be the glass, right? anyways, i've changed from a wine glass to more of a tumbler this time around. Lets see if they sink this time.. i've heard they can be fussy sometimes. :yes:

large.seedjoke.jpg.177fb0f67cb7ed034e283

:innocent:

:bag:

• Like 6

lol

I think it was the wine glass, mate. They seem much happier in the tumbler. :yep: 

Yep, sunk, do I peel the capsule off the seeds now? :innocent: would a heat gun remove it easier?

There was no instructions and what with this being my 1st ever grow *coughs*

GreenPirate >> :bangin:  << Panik

:bag:

:pugwash:

• Like 3

On a serious note, these are in the water (properly with no capsule) i've sorted the veg room out, just waiting for them to sink :)

I've noticed some of the Cookie strains do not like being drowned, where as other strains are happy to sit in the water for a week with a nice long tap root. So as soon as they sink and split i'll put them into cubes and put them in the corner of the room in a prop, or kitchen roll in a sealed tub.

Just plain tap water with nothing added, as soon as they poke there head and throw out a couple of leaves out of the starter cubes, i'll hit them with a root building tonic.

I'll add some more pics when they show some life or when I start the tank build, whichever comes first. :yes:

*fingers crossed for 5 outta 5*

*touches wood*

*turns around touches the ground 3 times*

Then..

*sacrifice the fox as a gift to the seed gods* << little twat stole a friggin Snap-On screwdriver off my back doorstep, I know it was him as burglars don't chew your trainers up!!

• Like 3

So far 4 out of 5. These have to be some of the slowest beans i've had to wake up that are fresh and not over 10 years old.

Took over 48 hours to sink in a glass, usually by this time i'd have them split open. So I boxed them up, kitchen roll in a sealed container as I said I would. They took an extra 5 days to split open in there and they are just showing tips of tap roots now, they've not even thrown the shell off.

I've noticed this with a few Cookies in the past where other strains i'd be ready to put them under light by now.

Just hope the last one wakes up or that puts them even higher in price per bean. Shit happens sometimes but this is my major gripe with high prices, there is no 100% guarantee they will all be perfect. In other industries you could take your car back, your PC back. In this one you just have to wear it and coupled with the high price, it's a tough pill to swallow!

large.5c8b9d9d06a0e_ChasersCake4.jpg

Still, 4 out of 5 are alive and on there way, i'm just hoping #5 is lazy and she'll be along soon. I'll call her old Dorris and get her a disabled badge for parking closer to the shops if she carries on this way, she can be 50th anniversary Wedding Cake.

• Like 5

24 hours later, these girls have woken up, put a tap root out, been transplanted to rockwool starter cubes soaked in just plain water and are trying to stand up straight and throw the shell.

Dorris, she's still looks dead. I'll leave her another week max, if she's not split by then i'll throw her out.

***warning.. these girls do not like the Soak in Water method***

If you are going to run these, paper towel, sealed container and put a small amount of heat underneath. Hidden under the TV cabinet worked well next to the Virgin box worked well.

Dorris took one for the team and I really should top using the soak in water method with some of these U.S strains, Cookies is the main one i've noticed this with. My Zkittzo could live under water and not be bothered, not that i've tried but totally different genes and how they react.

I'll put up some pics later.

Edited by GreenPirate
  • Like 1

The change was almost instant after putting them in the sealed container with a small bit of heat :

medium.5c8d26173439d_ChasersCake5.jpg.41

5-6 hours after that, transplanted to the cubes with just pure water, PH don't care and Doris still being lazy, i'm not classing her as dead yet :

medium.5c8d261f294b5_ChasersCake6.jpg.73

Trying to stand up, nice fluffy tap root, would have been nice to have them deeper in the cubes but they caught me out after the speed increase they took on...

medium.5c8d2627540a0_ChasersCake7.jpg.0c

*fingers crossed I don't murder any more*

or one was a wrong'n from the start.

• Like 4

Still just the 4, i'll hit the last one with some wake up juice.. if that don't work, she's out.

All 4 looking healthy, roots are out the bottom of the cubes. Still just plain tap water, PH = I don't care from the tap, over 7 and under 8!?

Cracked the lid on the bucket/prop to harden them off as they would not throw the seed shell, had to soften it up with high humidity and give them a hand 24 hours later.

All happy now and ready for the next size up.

large.5c919ec17096b_ChasersCake8.jpg.c51

• Like 3

All 4 in the new 4" cubes pre soaked at 2.5ml Formulex per litre.

PH = I don't care, i'm not adjusting that for a good week or two. I'll slowly pull them down to 5.8-6.0 before they go into the tank or CoCo for veg+flower.

Nice tap roots hanging out, excuse my out of focus shot, bad Fibro day last night, I even managed to pass out on the sofa and wake up 8 hours later to see my seedlings still sitting on the front room table after potting up. I've stretched them about an extra 2 inches, not the end of the world but another fuckup due to my illness. yay!!

When I put my plants in NFT I do like 2-3 inch of stretch from seed to keep them above the damp cubes later in life. This time, i've got another inch or two to deal with, if they fall over i'll stake them up with small sticks for now and harden the main stem with a small fan.

More pics, another daily update, more spam :D

medium.5c934d6958289_ChasersCake9.jpg.e8

medium.5c934d72b608e_ChasersCake10.jpg.8

As soon as I know they are happy with the half strength feed of Formulex I will hit them a little harder at 5ml per litre and add some rooting juice.

Still under a 3 x T5's in the mother room with the prop lid half on/half off to harden them up. I'm still trying to rid the veg/clone tent of thrips and the odd fungus gnat, the gnats stay away from the cubes, the thrips are my main concern at the moment.

Still undecided if these are the one's going in the tank in 4-5 weeks or if these will be the mothers and cuts taken, either way, in 5 weeks time the cuts or these seedlings will be in. Things might get a bit stretchy in that time so they will get topped if they get out of hand and cut right back for a quick veg under the main lights.

I really should take more care over seeds that cost 130 notes but i'm not changing my ways and my health does not help matters, so, what will be..will be. At least i'll document any fuckups I make so others don't follow suit and can at least see what fuckup does what to the plants.

And that is the horrible part of my illness, you know what you are doing, you know what they need... sometimes you just can't get up and sort it even when they cost 130 for 5 beans (4 if Doris does not wake up).

Anyways, this about the beans, not a fibro support forum, just thought I better explain if you see shit going wrong with my grow :)

• Like 7