Flavour Chasers - Wedding Cake

GreenPirate

The old girl does not want to wake up..

Fast Diesel, sitting in the same conditions, after the same treatment just to show it's not me, she's a wrong'n by the looks of it!

Those Fast D have been in there for a while, I should really pot them up but part of me is interested to see how long they will survive in there before throwing a fit. Pretty easy to grow is the Fast D compared to the Cake!

Dead Cake to the left, looks dead! (seed shell in the middle is the fast d)

large.5c9978388b0a5_ChasersCake12.jpg.f3

Other 4 did the flop on me before I could stake them, all standing up again now and supports put it place should they sway, i'll grab a pic tomorrow.

• Like 2

Please don't show this to the green eco people in the LED section, they will not let me join LED club if they see how much plastic i've wasted. :P

Here are the 4, got the heat up a little and they've sped up a bit. Standing up again now, you can see the extra stretch they had and are 4" tall, ideally would have liked them 1-2" smaller but oh well, they are alive and happy for now.

large.5c9abea4e305e_ChasersCake13.jpg.20

Roots are out the bottom, soon as they are a little more sturdy, i'll pick them up and take a pic.. might have to get creative and pull the skirts up and place some balls around the base to keep them in check for abit more support and stop any green forming on the cube tops.

I've not watered them since the original soaking, as they pull the water out, the feed gets stronger. No need for me to interfere at the moment, they will get some more feed and root stim when they want it.

Why complicate shit, 9 times out of 10 you end up creating a problem trying to force to much down them. So fuck it, they are happy for the minute, they could be a bit bigger in leaf size but these will sit here for a good few weeks yet and will do their own thing.

Edited by GreenPirate
typo, prob more!
  • Like 2

Now for my outrage, 4 fucking beans, 4 beans 130 notes!

mother fucker!

Now these Flavour Chaser boys are saying they are from the UK, yet charging US money, they should be pulling the opposite move. They admit they've got the clone, reversed it, and released unreleased flavours over here. Problem is, there are other seedbanks offering the same thing and some crosses for cheaper.

Feeling a little Chaser'ski'''''''d.

That has to be theee most I have ever paid for beans, no, I take that back, Dutch Passion fucked up my whole room years back so that was a double wammy on price per bean and crop lost. That was theee most expensive but the Cake still has time to herm *please don't fucking herm!*

• Like 1

@monster69

s'all good and thanks for the offer, it is what it is, i've had the odd seed fail over the years, just at that price, you'd think they would all come up. Is it what it is mate, life can be a bitch, might not even be their or my fault and she was just a weak one!

Just a bitter pill to swallow, I would have walked past the cake had they not mentioned my illness. Marketing move that got me hooked by the "helps with" line? maybe maybe not, that's a fucking low one if it is though.

I've had Cookie crosses before that have helped the condition, so, they are right to some extent, just.. I dunno, feels a bit, not cricket!!

Edited by GreenPirate
  • Like 1

So the flower room is getting close to finishing up (a few more weeks).

Time to give these lot a bit more attention, i've been robbing Peter to pay Paul with these. Ordered another heater for the veg tent, kept getting dips below 20 and they don't like that in the cubes, they never have and never will!

Got the temps up by swapping the radiator between rooms, until this one turns up later!

Stuck some more T5's over them 75w to themselves like I usually do, was trying to stretch that across the whole veg tent and it was just not coping with that space.

Gave them a little feed of 1.0EC Formulex, PH don't care still and a drop of Bloom Roots to help the roots fluff up.

Most are standing up by themselves, one will end up being a pain in the arse and will need support but that was MY fuck up, I hold my hand up to that one.

Onto the next set of leaves and greening up the main stems, now with the proper temps it should all start to look more healthy and speed up. I could not let them go for it too early as the main room needs nuking before these go in there, low temps is an easy way to stall them for a bit just you have to be careful if you pull this move!

medium.5c9f4a0040735_ChasersCake14.jpg.6

large.5c9f4a13e88a4_ChasersCake16.jpg.72

large.5c9f4a09927e4_ChasersCake15.jpg.10

Pulled their skirts up, i'll add in some clay balls just to top the cubes, support them a little more and stop the green forming. I can remove them as soon as the canopy covers it, which when in the tray is about 1-2 weeks max!

Suns out, lawnmowers out.. happy weekend people :)

• Like 5

Just starting to pull through the early stage and start the veg, if i'd been on the ball, had my veg/seed/cutting room more dialled in.. these would have been at this stage in the first 5-7 days!

Homelife really got in the way of these at the start and these are in the "snowflake" range. Everything has to be just right for most Cookie genes to shine and that is why they love NFT or CoCo setup properly (hopefully i'll show that this run come the end!).

Little bit of leaf twisting that they starting to grow out of, went a little too hot on the feed but they will green up and get used to it. Nice dark green 1st opening set are still there, no burning, no curling on those so it was the last feed!

Temps 24-27

RH 60-75

Root temp 19-21

Dropped the plants down another 10" from the T5's just in case that was also part of the twisting.

Removed most of the supports besides one last one that has a kink in the main stem, she's still alive and pumping feed past the point of the kink, she'll harden up in time but i'll put her at the front when they hit the tray.

medium.5ca0cd9f54fbb_ChasersCake17.jpg.b

medium.5ca0cdabe1420_ChasersCake18.jpg.d

Still not got around to covering the tops, the algae is not an issue.. i've had full on moss garden on top of the cubes before. It's just the light getting at the cube tops, which are moist and at the right temp which causes algae.

It never makes it's way into the tank or deeper than 1mm ever so i'm not bothered by it. :)

• Like 5

Thanks mate!

I've still got time to kill them, i'll drop a sodium on them or something stupid at a vital time. lol If I had any sense I would have waited until the others came down, was just trying to fit these in before summer holidays started.

A little beating at an early age, kept us all in line back in the day :) I've given them a clip around the ear and told them to man up.. I mean girl up!

It will take a few days to grow out of the leaf curl but thrips are everywhere now. I'm temped to buy a kebab shop bug zapper, found one for 30 notes and only 30w. I cannot get into my grow without walking through what looks like the Amazon rain forest! :(

I don't want to hit the Cake with anything yet before they can take a bit more abuse, the rest of the veg tent has been hit with SBPi and yellow+blue traps put up.

I grabbed some thrip predators a few weeks back, what a load of shite! I've been keeping a close eye on these packets, i've not seen one thing crawl out. The spider mite predators, they woke up and done their thing within 2 days and i've not seen a spider mite since.

I think my thrip predators were dead on arrival or stored like shit!

• Like 1

Ticking along, not watered them since the last time and the cubes are starting to get a little dryer. Roots are hanging out the bottom, they are ready for the NFT tray but the room is not ready for them. Landlord visit as well to deal with soon.. here is how they look now.

large.5ca93d4c5744e_ChasersCake19.jpg.1e

large.5ca93d550da3c_ChasersCake20.jpg.46

large.5ca93d5d04a9d_ChasersCake21.jpg.03

large.5ca93d63d083a_ChasersCake22.jpg.d9

Need to treat these with something and I am investing in a kebab shop bug zapper to put outside the room!! I cannot get into my room without getting something on me from the garden and I can't keep spraying plants, I hate using sprays even if they do say Organic/safe.

These have not been sprayed with anything yet, was waiting for them to get bigger and grow out of the funky leaf twist they pulled on me. (light to near or fert too strong, it was one of the two at an early age). I'm left with no choice now, I have to spray them before they take over the Cake.

EC - fuck knows now, was 1.0 a few days back. *shrug*

PH - still don't care.

Algae - still growing.

Room - the same as before (ish)

Grabbed the wood 1200x2400 18mm and cut it in half (1200x1200) for the IBC, got to cut the cage off of the IBC and chop it down to 200litre or 400litre depending on how much height I have spare. Ideally I would like 400 which gives me a nice drop back into the tank from the trays, creating oxygen and movement. Might end up with 200l due to height, i'll see when I do it. I'll keep the top cage, it makes a perfect plant support/net placed on top of the wood but both trays will be joined then. Again, i'll see when I do it.

2 x 424 NFT trays will be sitting in the 1200 x 1200, pics coming when I build it over the next week or two, then hide it from the landlord.. just to be set back up again! :(

Onwards and upwards.. happy weekend people!

:pugwash:

• Like 3

After running the Space cake in the new room, she's turned into a 10 week strain.

This is going to be a total bitch trying to keep both happy in the same tank, i've got cuts of the Space Cake so i'll concentrate on the Wedding Cake.. at that price I have to!

The plan is still the same, 4 Wedding Cake (Flavour Chasers) in the other tray 4 Space Cake (Bodhi)

Gonna grab some different Cake mix as well to run off to the side of the room but I won't run them like for like (in NFT) until at least the end of summer for a "Great British Cake off diary!" where i'll run the best cuts of every Cake I have and see where they all sit.

@panik you've got until the end of summer/autumn to get some RGS Cake mix out the door if there are any plans, i'll enter it into my "Great British Cake Off" test run. :yes:

Wedding Cake is still sitting there and she's starting to grumble a little about not having the extra light, she'd love to be in the NFT tank and I still need to get her to branch out a little over the next week for a cut or two off of each.

Added EC 1.0 Formulex, PH slowly bringing that down, they are around PH6.5 now. 2ml of Emerald Harvest Root Wizard, gonna give it a try at least. States 3.75ml per litre, I used 2ml.

Plants are little bit stretchy over the last week, could do with some more light, i'll put up pics later to show just how much i've stretched them but they will bush out now as the sideshoots are all showing.

Happy weekend people, have a good'n!

:thumsup:

• Like 2

Thrip damaged group shot and they be needing a higher EC. The canary down the mine leaves (1st set) are showing they need more food. I'll up the EC next watering or the arsehole has fallen out of my Formulex which is another possibility! I've had it a while lol

Bottom left has always been behind the others, always had the most leaf twist at the start but they are getting their Indica heads on and wanting food. I'll darken them up a little over the next week..or two..three?!

large.5cb282fe80702_ChasersCake23.jpg.90

large.5cb2830b3c995_ChasersCake24.jpg.c3

large.5cb28312bef8c_ChasersCake25.jpg.04

large.5cb2831b64739_ChasersCake26.jpg.2a

large.5cb283229f9e3_ChasersCake27.jpg.48

Still got algae, still don't care.

Thrips are my friggin problem but these are almost big enough for me to be comfortable with spraying, SBPi will twist the shit out of the new side growth just about to come through. Soon as that is out I can hit them all. I don't want to twist that new side growth, that will be either my tops once I take a cut, or they will be the cuts I run and this the mother while I dig through them all at the end.

They are getting the arse with not being under a stronger light, they will live, tough shit! They are complaining about the lack of NFT, that needs to be sorted soon but the other room is still not finished!

Waiting on a Kushty, Darkstar, SugarBlackRose, Lemon Zkittle and a Space Cake that just keeps on going. :unsure:

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Room is ready to be cleaned down and nuked, timing is not great with life/house to deal with. :(

This is gonna end up being shelved for about 1-2 months while things happen around the house. Tried to put it off but I was starting to make it sound suspect, so i'd rather get him out the way and run a room of these properly.

They are ready for cuts, given a few people a few things to look after until shit is sorted and i'll be back up and running once i'm in the clear!

I just had the room how I wanted it as well, custom NFT was the last thing to go in and then add LED at some point in the future but environment was perfect and light sealed.

I'll still build the NFT tank and hide it so I can post some DIY pics over the next few weeks but that's about it.

Outdoor plants are mainly autos so i'll be keeping them in small pots so I can hide if I have to, everything else is out and last bits removed.

I'll take a few pics when I go around there to cut them and i'll be silent for a few months regarding this one besides the DIY bit.

Was really hoping to get these out the way before summer but the way it is going i'm gonna end up flowering mid to arse end of summer which is going to be shit for temps.

These have grown out of their early snowflake stage, they are just wanting food and a bigger root space now. Even at this stage they don't want to branch out, topping would really help these bush out!

I will top before flowering all of them so I should end up with a multiple top NFT grow with as few plants as possible.

Well that's the goal, if I score or not is another matter! :unsure:

Pics will be up in a day or two but they really have not moved that much due to me holding them back so bad with not putting them in a bigger space, light starved and the lack of NFT to grow in due to space.

Still, they are alive and healthy(ish) with no major problems besides the one non starter and thrips but that could happen to any fucker, shame it is with these.

Shit timing is..shit! Fuck all I could do on this one, it is one of those things.

Keep happy, be safe, have a good'n!

and..

Plants are for life, not just for Christmas!

You would not download a plant!

Jim'll fix it!

:pugwash:

I was looking to try wedding cake, saw something about it being from purple caper in the states, is that what flavour chasers are offering?  Finding them hard to get hold of.

Don't worry, didn't see the feminised bit.  Purple caper don't do fems.

You're probably far more educated than me, do you know where the strain originated?  No worries if not

Edited by FatBoy77