Kippers 2019 Dinafem Outdoor competition Diary

Kipper420

@Kipper420 A slug tower/collar is like a circle of plastic cut out a bottle,few inches tall with spikes cut at the top and copper tape wrapped around the outside... put it around the seedlings on plant out. Helps but not foolproof :yep:

Some in the middle of the pic here:

large.rsz_img_20190523_043055.jpg

Unless by towers he meant swamp tube towers, which is just soil raised off a hole in the ground with a cage, sometimes lined with rubble sack etc..

Good luck with the grow tho man lookin good

• Like 5

Thanks @LivelyUpYourself  I did wonder if that's what you'll meant.

The ones I saw in the gg diary where made from empty tin cans.

Another way for me to be more green plus it will save on copper tape instead of a long bit around a large pot.

Super.

• Like 2

comming along nicely mate ....  but wont your greenhouse start to stink  of herb without any filtration ?

• Like 3

put a tray under your pot, have it raised about an inch or 2, put salt in the tray... surely this is the most effective and simple method ?

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Kipper420 said:

Fair play yep. until the plants get too big and I dig a hole for the pot. Then it's a different ball game. @CuriousGreenHand

Appreciated 

ah right well if your burying them, makes life more difficult, ever thought about making a wall with an inner shelf tray, thats covered from rain, filling that with salt, slugs only way in is up the wall down into the tray and death lol like 6inch pvc cylinder, cut 8in long buried 3inch deep, inner shelf should be easy enough to make, how often would you be checking on these babies ?

• Like 2

Now we don't bother with the electrics, coz of the number

but we just fill them up with dirt, 60-120 litres per plant, no liners in the tree guard, so the compost sticks out the holes, and is very loose, anything crawls up

it just falls off....

• Like 5

Thanks guys. I need more plastic bottles now. gonna ask friends to save them for me. @Andromedian

On a side note I sniffed the flowers on the fruit auto yesterday. Amazingly sweet and reminds me of the pakistan valley I grew last year.

@Dinafem-Mark  got me excited, Cant wait to smoke it.

New cheese xxl seedlings doing ok now repotted in 8-11" pots despite one falling over when in 1ltr pots spilling the compost and exposing the roots. All 3 are now in final pots and will be going to live in the green house next week after tuesdays predicted colder day and hopefully getting to a 3 leaf stage. I looked in on them this morning and they're upright and fighting. You go girls.

Bit of an experiment to see what pot size is best for my plant size needs.

The two headed fruit is a beast of a plant. now 8" tall and loving her new home in the g house.

• Like 4

Plants are looking great dude. Loving the pic of the 2 cheese and fruit out on the grass in the sun. Looking very nice and healthy :yep:

6 packs of 1.5L bottled water are a cheap way if you need the bottles quickly ;)

• Like 2

Thanks @jadenugs

the two cheese are looking a bit worse for ware right now. I'll upload some pics if I get time.

I think I over watered then under watered. So I've watered again this time with nettle tea 2.5%  banana tea 5% and rain.

Heaven knows how it will go.

• Like 2

Looking great and I love the explanations about slug towers.  You've inspired me to start trying to bend mine too though I don't have a clue what I'm doing

• Like 2