Kippers 2019 Dinafem Outdoor competition Diary

Kipper420

Right I'll go first.

I dont have the capacity in my normal grow space for the comp girls, so I made a makeshift greenhouse that will hopefully accomodate them at least in early life.

So here it is.

large.5c76c1acedf52_Makeshiftgreenhousecoldframemode.jpglarge.5c76c1a03d639_Makeshiftgreenhouse.jpglarge.5c7a4bf83b699_coveredmakeshiftgreenhouse1.jpg

The wood frame is made from left over timber from another project.

The upright salvaged from a swingy seat cover frame.

The greenhouse cover donated by a mate.

The copper pipe assembly was not a cheap option but it works well.

My idea is that on family/friends visit days the plants can be moved to a hidden spot and the greenhouse dismantled in less than 10mins.

Why did I go the copper pipe route because I cant find a little greenhouse that doesnt have to have shelves in as an integral part of the structure.

Also the stealth thing.

I wanted something that will also work as a coldframe (just the copper pipe frame in the wooden base, approx 1' tall) and a hardening off area.

Just need to put a pallet shroud over the coldframe for the plants debut outside.

I'm sure the g house may need some more work or improvements but we'll wait and see.

Looking forward to this comp. My first. Cant believe I've been chosen to be honest.

Thanks to @Dinafem-Mark

• Like 18

good luck dude got some hso seeds comeing my way yet again a poly tunnel but slightly lower lat so ill be watching this one ;)

46 minutes ago, bubbleguppie said:

good luck dude got some hso seeds comeing my way yet again a poly tunnel but slightly lower lat so ill be watching this one ;)

Did you manage to bag a place in the Hso outdoor comp @bubbleguppie ?

• Like 1

I'd make sure it was bolted down securely mate I don't think we have seen the end of strong winds this year just yet

• Like 2

@Kipper420 yes dude i did think im going to turn with cheese auto uk and the chemdawg as i did well with the chemdawg i grw 3 years ago in my dads garden :P@Jimboo think youre right there dude im like 200 yards from the beach and its hitting force 6 guesting 7s come mid night so ive been battening down my garden for now, when i make use of my polly tunnel im going to shove some cement supports in there as well as filling the rest with a few 25 kilo bags of gravel. I had pne of them shite pop up ones from ebay lasted a month that will teach me buy shite buy twice

Edited by bubbleguppie
forgot to add info

I'm gonna keep an eye out and If worse comes to worse I'll screw everything down. Just means its gonna take longer to dismantle.

I think the worst winds we had last season were in the 50-55mph range.

I do have some protection with the fencing but, I've seen my glass house panes flying around the garden before now.

Cheers @Jimboo

• Like 3

On 02/03/2019 at 1:36 PM, Jimboo said:

@Kipper420 I'd watch out in case you have built a kite mate

https://www.ventusky.com/?p=53.5;-10.1;4&l=wind-10m

I nearly lost the makeshift greenhouse in the wind last night.

Quick inspection before bed. Its on it side flapping about. I had to remove the cover and bring it indoors.

What a palava.

At least the glass house is still intact. No panes blown out.

Might have to resite it.

At least I wasnt round the neighbours begging like a boy after his football. "Can I have my greenhouse back please Mr ?"

:wallbash:

• Like 7

@Kipper420 Getting the 2019 outdoor grow season underway  :yep: with the 1st post of the year ;)

I don't see why the greenhouse won't work buddy, I would take a little advice and somehow anchor the cover to the floor ;)

Nice to see other members sharing what they will be growing this year  :yep:

I have a feeling this year is going to be one of the best ;)

Thanks for kicking off the 2019 outdoor grow season @Kipper420:bong:

Let the fun begin  :headbang:

All the best 

Mark..

Edited by Dinafem-Mark
  • Like 7