The Green Smile

Andromedian

@Tepzad

I dunno mate, only you can decide if a plot is safe or not,

looking at the pic, just looks normal, winter and the wind, me thinks.

Why would the council clear that spot? if it is too near the general public, would give it a miss anyway...

Best of luck if you go with it mate

:cowboy:

• Like 2

We both went to our Parlour Plot last night....

I'm still getting over it now lol

It is probably the worst journey, especially on the way back.

I put cameras here last year, and they didn't even pick up any animal activity...

let alone humans...so wasn't a surprise to see nothing had changed when we got here.

We took a load of stuff with us, but decided against the water trap until more cover was 

available....wise move.

We cleared the area and took all our shit from last season, that we had hidden in the bushes.

Dropped off the 6x which made my rucksack smell like a cows asshole, and a bag of compost,

which we will later mix with the remaining soil from the towers, along with other added soil

from a nearby source.

:george:

• Like 2

Guest Tepzad
25 minutes ago, Andromedian said:

Why would the council clear that spot? if it is too near the general public, would give it a miss anyway...

No mate it’s well out of the way it’s just that the council was doing a lot of knotweed killing last year trying to keep it under control, I didn’t see them round here but just a thought, I was more concerned about how they kill it, what they use and if it would affect the soil the pictures not the actual plot but nearby, cheers :yep:

@Andromedian im thinking of leaving this one anyway, it’s a bit of a trek from the car about 30 mins, and the more I read about lugging water and supplies the more it puts me off. The only shitter is the soil looked lovely !

Edited by Tepzad

Just now, Tepzad said:

No mate it’s well out of the way it’s just that the council was doing a lot of knotweed killing last year trying to keep it under control, I didn’t see them round here but just a thought, I was more concerned about how they kill it, what they use and if it would affect the soil the pictures not the actual plot but nearby, cheers :yep:

I wouldn't have thought they use weedkiller though...

too much on the environment I guess.

Good thought though, but not sure myself.....

• Like 2

Well I know I keep banging on about it but this root stim is something else,

if anything, it has taught us we can get plants out in half the time.....:naughty:meaning more plants going out

The seeds went into a wet tissue 14/02, and today they need repotting already

amazing growth

large.IMG_0977.JPGlarge.IMG_0976.JPGlarge.IMG_0975.JPG

large.IMG_0970.JPG

These are a mixture of Mango Sapphire, Sweet Deep Grape and Blue Kush...…….

I pulled the regs….just cannot be bothered....

and the red purps and og kush are proving beyond difficult, and at this rate will end up in the dustbin:wallbash:

• Like 6

Stunning little plants there mate

im itching to go seeing all yours, even been out today and prepped another small plot

was last chance before I start renovating the new house from tomorrow 

When are you planning on getting this first lot in the ground, down here we get frost in April 

@Jack010

Hello mate,

We are hoping to hold out until the end of april, before we put them out,

the way they are going, they are gonna be big motherfuckers lollol

By the time they go out, they should be able to handle a bit of frost....

Going to be buying more of the root stim though:skin_up:

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Andromedian said:

Well I know I keep banging on about it but this root stim is something else,

if anything, it has taught us we can get plants out in half the time.....:naughty:meaning more plants going out

The seeds went into a wet tissue 14/02, and today they need repotting already

amazing growth

large.IMG_0977.JPGlarge.IMG_0976.JPGlarge.IMG_0975.JPG

large.IMG_0970.JPG

These are a mixture of Mango Sapphire, Sweet Deep Grape and Blue Kush...…….

I pulled the regs….just cannot be bothered....

and the red purps and og kush are proving beyond difficult, and at this rate will end up in the dustbin:wallbash:

Dustbin your red purps over my way ;)

As for all those seedlings, They are certainly gonna be big beauties before theyre even outside!!  Wish my windowsill seedlings would grow as quick ;)

• Like 2

Just now, Tepzad said:

@Andromedian just over 2 weeks from the wet tissue, that’s stonking growth mate ! I need to invest !

Mate, it is a ridiculous growth rate.....I wasn't expecting to be repotting before 4-5 weeks.

I have used other root stims before, but nothing like this...the smell is something else too...:puke:

It has me thinking....may have started a bit too early lol

• Like 2

Guest Tepzad
Just now, Andromedian said:

Mate, it is a ridiculous growth rate.....I wasn't expecting to be repotting before 4-5 weeks.

I have used other root stims before, but nothing like this...the smell is something else too...:puke:

It has me thinking....may have started a bit too early lol

What soil do you start them in ? and did you use the recommended strength or less with the intense root stim ? Cheers.

Edited by Tepzad

Just now, Andromedian said:

..may have started a bit too early lol

:rofl:

Edit - thats one of those "good" problems im sure ;)

Edited by mr_git
  • Like 2

Just now, mr_git said:

Dustbin your red purps over my way ;)

As for all those seedlings, They are certainly gonna be big beauties before theyre even outside!!  Wish my windowsill seedlings would grow as quick ;)

ha ha

they are struggling, but this is the norm with this batch....they are from the nice lot 3 seasons ago...

pain in the batty, to germ, pre grow etc etc but once they go out they do lovely and pretty mould proof too

I should have listened to zug, and done them all outside, germing, the lot

• Like 3

Just now, Tepzad said:

What soil do you start them in ? and did you use the recommended strength or less with the intense root stim ? Cheers.

It was manky old left over soil from last season lol

Fine seedling compost

I put perlite in it and that's about it...

Root stim is mixed at 25 ml to 5 litres of water...which is what they suggest on the bottle and their site...

The other stuff I used didn't smell like this though....this is a kind of shit times 50 smell

• Like 3