The Green Smile

Andromedian

On ‎3‎/‎19‎/‎2019 at 4:05 PM, LivelyUpYourself said:

Not sure if this is relevant to this diary... but what do you guys do with the ol' swamp tubes in prep for a new season? Take them apart and dig it all over or just work the soil in the tube still standing? 

Nice one for the heads up about Lowa boots, will be getting a pair for this years antics.. :D

Yeah mate, spot on....we empty them all out add a bit more compost, bag of 6x, fbb, bit of this, bit of that ha ha....bosh

Usually do this on plant out, or a short time before....

You won't regret buying a pair of them mate.....Lowa renegade gtx mid will make walking easy

:yep:

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Jack010 said:

You might be good to get these in the ground next month, according to the weather that we are set to have high pressure through out April with above average temps 

If the weather mans right then your sorted. :yep:

To be fair....was just worried if they went out too earlier, they may flower and reveg….then go all spazzy...

I know what you mean though, weather looking good, and since I topped them, they have gone absolutely crazy in the last week, so could do with going out.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, HSO-Mark said:

I agree mate :)

@Andromedian @zug

When were you planning on planting out boys? Later April? 

The forecast does look good. You may need to rearrange things and accelerate your timetable and pot out around the 7-10th April if possible  :)

The faster outdoor conditions improve and these are in the ground the better :yep:

I do think this season is going to be your best gentlemen  :bong:

Definitely the best start I've seen from you 2 over the last 4-5 years  ;)

Kind regards 

Mark..

Hello mate

Yeah was thinking about sticking them out mid to late april…...

If we put them out, at the start of April, wouldn't the light hour difference make them flower?

They are on 18/6 atm......and outdoor light is at around 13/11....this should raise somewhat over the next 2-3 weeks though.

To be honest...the quicker they get out there the better imo….they are going mad mate:unsure:

Yeah, best start ever.....Plants are looking a picture of health too

i'll stick a pic up later......no room at the inn ha ha.....Og Kush have also decided to grow like there is no tomorrow,

need to repot these and top them too, they are still in 3 inch pots, but don't look deficient 

I should have the fridge grow area up and running soon so can space things out a bit

hope you're good mate

:alien:

• Like 2

Coming up to week 5...….

Root Stim still doing it's stuff:naughty:

I raised the lights yet again, but since the topping, they are running out of room fast.....

large.IMG_1021.JPGlarge.IMG_1020.JPGlarge.IMG_1017.JPGlarge.IMG_1016.JPG

To give you an idea on a week of growth after being topped

this is last week....

large.IMG_1014.JPG

and today....

large.IMG_1019.JPG

Luvvly jubbly

• Like 12

38 minutes ago, Andromedian said:

Hello mate

Yeah was thinking about sticking them out mid to late april…...

If we put them out, at the start of April, wouldn't the light hour difference make them flower?

They are on 18/6 atm......and outdoor light is at around 13/11....this should raise somewhat over the next 2-3 weeks though.

To be honest...the quicker they get out there the better imo….they are going mad mate:unsure:

Yeah, best start ever.....Plants are looking a picture of health too

i'll stick a pic up later......no room at the inn ha ha.....Og Kush have also decided to grow like there is no tomorrow,

need to repot these and top them too, they are still in 3 inch pots, but don't look deficient 

I should have the fridge grow area up and running soon so can space things out a bit

hope you're good mate

:alien:

If you reduce the light hours by say 30mins every 3-4 days for 2 weeks, then wait a week. Any that start stretching will need to stay indoors on more light, but the rest should be good to go out leaving you more room to play with ;)

That's all theory mind lol

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, beezee said:

If you reduce the light hours by say 30mins every 3-4 days for 2 weeks, then wait a week. Any that start stretching will need to stay indoors on more light, but the rest should be good to go out leaving you more room to play with ;)

That's all theory mind lol

It's all a bit worrying mate lol

I have never started plants this early before, so all new to me.....

I was kinda thinking of going down that route, 15 mins every couple of days, like you say, still worries me though ha ha

And been nurturing these ladies for a while now, so don't wanna mess things up.....

I might just leave 'em be for now, but then wait until mid april and put half of them out, giving me more room....

Way these are growing on that root stim....I will need a lorry to drop them off at the plot lol

• Like 6

Ha ha ha I think your only other option is to keep hacking them back??? Either way I'd be reducing light hours at least a bit before putting any out. 

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, beezee said:

Ha ha ha I think your only other option is to keep hacking them back??? Either way I'd be reducing light hours at least a bit before putting any out. 

Yeah mate, think you're right actually....coz even mid April, the light is still going to be around 15/9 or so....so could do with dropping them down to 16/8-17/7....:yep:

As to hacking my ladies about lol

:war:

• Like 6

21 hours ago, beezee said:

Think of it more like giving them a hair cut, just don't go skin head on them lollollol

lollollollol 

Zug has just ordered 6 new lights for an expansion project, which might see them through, but a little bit of Nicky Clarke is on the cards ha ha

• Like 3

Paid a visit to the forbidden Zone.....needed to open up a whole new section, for the ladies I have under lights atm

Nothing changes much here....as we left her

large.IMG_1024.JPGlarge.IMG_1023.JPG

This is the area we intended to clear

large.IMG_1022.JPGlarge.IMG_1025.JPG

All went really well....I couldn't get pics of the finished job, as we had a little security issue.....

but area is now massive, and looking rather good.....

Have now got the lights for the fridge grow, should give me well enough space to carry the ladies through

Special Mission next week:naughty:

• Like 7

Plants now gagging for yet another re-pot

needed to make some space

Un-used fridge + Fridge shelf + led lights + Plants = Fridge grow space lol

well it works anyway ha ha

large.IMG_1028.JPGlarge.IMG_1027.JPGlarge.IMG_1031.JPG

Enough room for their re-pot too

Given me a bit of room to play about with, in the main veg area

hope alls good people

:yep:

• Like 5

On 21/03/2019 at 7:53 PM, Andromedian said:

lollollollol 

Zug has just ordered 6 new lights for an expansion project, which might see them through, but a little bit of Nicky Clarke is on the cards ha ha

I think I heard about this, was a fridge or a freezer sacrificed for the project? lol

This season has definitely started with you boys on your toes and ready to go :yep:

With far my April plant outs, yes it could cause issues with the light hours mate, what date did you have in mind roughly. 20-28th April to plant out?

Kind regards 

Mark..

• Like 5

@Andromedian gota say looking good man wonder if my roots will be any were like that just useing a splash of rhizotonic and some old timers grow for now but thats it for another 3 weeks as i dont like pshing the seedlings to much. Any way gents all the best they look awsome at such a young age